What's new actual end time for the Tower of Fame?

Bomba

Hi. Quick question. What's new actual end time for the Tower of Fame?

To clarify: Before the recent update which changed the reset time ToF actual end time was 4 hours prior to its end - at 20:00(UTC+2) on Sunday. So, 4 last hours were not counted towards the ranking in ToF. Now it seems like the ranking counts progress up until the last minute. So, am I correct that actual end time now is the same as shown in ToF? 24:00 (UTC+2) Sunday? or is it different?

4 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Your information on the old end time is incorrect.

The reward time is unchanged.

Wait a second, I'm not talking about the reward time. I'm talking about the time, when position in ranking get locked. Those last 4 hours were not counted towards your progress in that week's ranking before.

Just now, Bomba said:

Wait a second, I'm not talking about the reward time. I'm talking about the time, when position in ranking get locked. Those last 4 hours were not counted towards your progress in that week's ranking before.

Yes they were. That changed a long time ago.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bomba said:

Are you sure that's not 2019? I was still having that problem in the autumn of 2019, when my progress in last 4 hours wasn't counted.

Positive. Maybe you tried too late during those four hours. Stuff done in the last 20+ minutes before the finish time has never counted, even when it still closed at 20:00. That's a general limitation of the ToF's data collecting, it needs to cut off early to have enough time to get the new totals calculated and ready on the hour.

Edit: Or maybe you're thinking of one of the rare times when the ToF just stopped working altogether during the week.

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Positive. Maybe you tried too late during those four hours. Stuff done in the last 20+ minutes before the finish time has never counted, even when it still closed at 20:00. That's a general limitation of the ToF's data collecting, it needs to cut off early to have the new totals ready on the hour.

Oh. That's why... Yeah, I was doing a lot in the last hour, so I was cutting pretty close to that time. Thank you very much!

So, it's 30 minutes/hour before the deadline when the data is collected and I need to finish my progress before that, right? That's an actual end time of ToF. Great! So, before 23:00(UTC+2) to be safe.

13 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Edit: Or maybe you're thinking of one of the rare times when the ToF just stopped working altogether during the week.

Well, that's too. I was unlucky enough to get caught in those at exactly those rare weeks when I was going for high places. So I'm double checking.

Edited by Bomba