is Ego the most important number to have higher?

jyepie

Generally speaking you should increase your main stat (which probably is KH I guess), but there may be cases were a little boost for you main stat isnt worth the loss on other stats or the missing increas on them. To give a good advice you should link the equipments in question.

Edited by blaa
  • Thanks 1

hace 14 horas, jyepie dijo:

when choosing my equipment to get better numbers, do i equip to make ego higher or to make KNOW HOW   higher?  i have equipment to make either one higher (make endurance higher or KNOW HOW )

sometimes is better defense and sometimes is better more attack ,it depends on the enemy that attacks you

• Thanks 1

I use rainbow items only.  And I change out an item only if the net increase on all the stats is more then the net loss for the stats.  Not very strategic, I'll admit, but I haven't been into the minute details from the start. :)

Edited by Dr. Lust
fat finger typo correction
  • Thanks 1

It depends.  I find my attack stat to be much more important than EGO.  I use rainbows in general but, switch to using 2-3 mono when the situation is needed.  I am not sure if that play style is optimal but, has worked for me.  I just won D1 again against the other top 4 players who were all around level 410ish while I was level 379 at the time.  Winning was most likely more related to the fact that 3 of them were charm and I am know-how but, I like to think that strategy helped a bit:-).

• Thanks 1

It's absolutely justified to say that Ego is the most important stat, since the winner in a fight is always determined solely on its value -- who is first to lose all their Ego, loses the battle... It's the only condition, and so it's also quite solid point to support the statement. 

That said, there are many ways to prevent the loss of your Ego, while making your opponnt lose their Ego instead. And it's simply not necessarily the direct ways of increasing one's Ego that are the most efficient. In fact, it's the opposite: in general, the indirect means of guarding one's Ego are in extreme favour here. Eventually, it's likely safe to assume that the winner will probably be the one who's better DPS (common pattern seen in many games).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 4:14 AM, blaa said:

Generally speaking you should increase your main stat (which probably is KH I guess), but there may be cases were a little boost for you main stat isnt worth the loss on other stats or the missing increas on them. To give a good advice you should link the equipments in question.

On 9/7/2020 at 11:44 PM, Dr. Lust said:

I use rainbow items only.  And I change out an item only if the net increase on all the stats is more then the net loss for the stats.  Not very strategic, I'll admit, but I haven't been into the minute details from the start. :)

On 9/8/2020 at 3:17 PM, Redbeard said:

It depends.  I find my attack stat to be much more important than EGO.  I use rainbows in general but, switch to using 2-3 mono when the situation is needed.  I am not sure if that play style is optimal but, has worked for me.  I just won D1 again against the other top 4 players who were all around level 410ish while I was level 379 at the time.  Winning was most likely more related to the fact that 3 of them were charm and I am know-how but, I like to think that strategy helped a bit:-).

On 9/8/2020 at 4:39 PM, Sev said:

It's absolutely justified to say that Ego is the most important stat, since the winner in a fight is always determined solely on its value -- who is first to lose all their Ego, loses the battle... It's the only condition, and so it's also quite solid point to support the statement. 

That said, there are many ways to prevent the loss of your Ego, while making your opponnt lose their Ego instead. And it's simply not necessarily the direct ways of increasing one's Ego that are the most efficient. In fact, it's the opposite: in general, the indirect means of guarding one's Ego are in extreme favour here. Eventually, it's likely safe to assume that the winner will probably be the one who's better DPS (common pattern seen in many games).

On 9/6/2020 at 5:47 PM, Jan Red Dragon said:

sometimes is better defense and sometimes is better more attack ,it depends on the enemy that attacks you

tnanks for the replies

i was talking about an item like this, it will cause your ego to increase a lot but everything else goes down

BGD5vTn.png

On 9/20/2020 at 12:16 PM, jelom said:

The endurance items are not useful. Better to use a multistat.

On 9/20/2020 at 6:00 PM, Kenrae said:

Those are even worse, as useless as they get.

i have a final question

if i am know-how, which one of these should i pick?

ddCKVvc.png

hace 52 minutos, jyepie dijo:

i have a final question

ddCKVvc.png

Man, keep in mind that it is a tattoo 

where are you going to put it in plain sight or hidden ?? 

and above all, what story will you tell the girl who asks you about it? 

I understand that the tattoo from 42 well there are several stories for him (for example is what he measures ahemcof cof uppss that cough I enter suddenly !!) 

But the flower will you need a pot? Then you will have to put it near the ass, what will the girl say if she sees a flower come out of the ass ?? 

Now be kidding, I'm going to tell you what I say to all; If you want strength use more know-how if you want more defense use the other(It is better to try and test and do it without jumping the battle ... do it like a man and do not close your eyes !! It also depends a lot on your other objects that you wear)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jyepie said:

Keep both, they are both useful and sometimes you'll want one and sometimes the other. In general, the rainbow equipment (the one on the left) is better for the league and the monostat equipment (the one on the right) is better for the champions and the arena. That's a good starting point, if you later want to fine tune your strategy in the league you'll use both depending on your opponent, but for now that's what I'd recommend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be rough, I usually explode opponents with only their ego maxed out, event if they have over 80 K more than me. Except of course when their other chracteristics are similar.

Fighting opponents with higher attack and lower defense is usually easier than fighting opponents with lower attack and higher defense, but if the differences are balanced, it's globally similar to fighting opponents with equivalent attacks and defenses than yourself : there, and only there, having more ego can help winning before the other side falls short of endurance, and it's usually a matter of luck and ending with a thin bar remaining to one when then other's reaches 0.

In such cases, the harmony ratios will definitely decide the outcome, especially when the bonus or malus from fighting a different class modifies them.

So when fighting, pay extra attention to your opponent's attack and defense maxima compared to yours AND to your respective harmony ratios. If your combats values are similar but your opponents has a higher harmony ratio, don't fight, you'll lose. Unless he has much less ego than youself, but the difference has to be quite significant.

I usually care a fuck about ego, I just check the 3 important values : attack, defense and harmony.

A high attack value allows you to nibble faster to your opponent's endurance bar, but it will be hindered if he has a higher defense value. Meanwhile, having a higher defense value will allow you to resist more efficiently to his repeated attacks even if they're powerful, and even if you don't have a tremendous ego. The key here is to be able to resist and lose fewer points each round, rather that losing a lot and relying on a longer endurance bar. So in the end, combat values are much, much more important than having a lot of endurance (well, don't have too few of it either anyway, just don't exaggerate).

As said above, you'll favor upgrading your main characteristic as much as you can, but try to balance everything (that's why rainbow items are the only ones to aim for, indeed). Well, it's probably up to everybody anyway. That's just the way I go. I sometimes fight people with ridiculously offense and ridiculously low defense (probably due to items with high main characteristic values and 0 values in the other topics) and I usually win, even if they're 20 or 30 levels above me. While balanced opponents are much tougher imho. Well, you'll know that when you'll try to fight me, I guess... ;)

Here's a useful hint : an item with higher value in your main characteristic will raise both your attack and ego, and the values in the other characteristics will raise both your defenses and harmony. The total of points in all topics on your equipment also raises the latter, while the number of points in your main characteristic essentially only raises the former.

That's the reason why, after some comparisons, I dropped a girl with higher a hardcore value and selected one with a higher total of points. And their order in the team is important as well.

• Thinking 1

@JumpingJackFlash Check your profile: you have a fair warning (no penalty, but do read the message). No more bumping dead threads just to spew detailed nonsense about how you mistakenly think battle mechanics work.

Here's a useful hint: at the very least, read the wiki page I linked you to in the other thread before making an impromptu lecture on the topic.