Season pass rewards

JamesZ

While the overall changes of the seasons  was quite nice, I think removing Exp from the paid pass will make it quite a lot less valuable. You can set arbitrary numbers that are indicative of your internal valuation of items, but players simply do not share the same valuation so the appraisal of 3000% imho is not really useful at all.

The Exp was worth more then any item in the pass and now being gone I don't really see the point in buying it. After all, if the items on offer are simply stuff we can buy with Kobans, what's the point in spending real money, when we get more then enough Kobans for free? Affection can be farmed from refreshing market, MyP orbs can be purchased, Cash, Kobans and Champion tickets are resources we generally have more then enough of. Kisses are ok for contests but otherwise useless as reaching T45 was extremely easy and I doubt anyone will be having issues this season with the soft reset. With the extreme amount of Kobans from league, this just seems like a very poor deal, and a joke to appraise the value so high. The only good things are energy and combativity for PoA, but you get enough on the free path anyway.

I think making contests more fair was the right thing, but you could have simply just made it so contests ignore Exp from seasons, which would give paying players no edge on contests, and allow players to instantly claim EXP. However, At any rate I personally will not  be purchasing the battle pass until EXP is added back, since the rest of the rewards are quite pointless at least for me, as I can simply get them with Kobans, Especially since the girl can be gotten for free - Though I think making the girl free was the right thing to do. Not saying to go back to the old Exp values either, since new players are very reliant on the seasons Exp, but adding some further Exp that will not count for contests to the paid path will make the season pass a lot more desirable again at least for me. 

• Hearts 1

There are tens of thousands of players in the game who don't get anywhere near an "extreme amount of Kobans from league", and there are also tens of thousands of players (not necessarily the same people) who won't find it quite so easy to reach tier 50 as you assume. Kinkoid have simply chosen to retarget the battle pass at those players rather than the minority of high-level veterans and scattered other "serious" players who would have felt compelled to buy it mainly for the XP last month, or the equally limited number of "gotta catch them all" players who just couldn't go without the second girl.

Anyway, I'm not actually in that new target audience, but as far as I'm concerned the pass offers better value than the gold card, and so I will be purchasing it again this month (while sticking to a silver card instead of the gold I used to have).

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 3
  • Hearts 1

I find the valuation of the Season Pass beneficial. I view it as an evaluation of what it would take for me to accomplish the same thing if I was using kobans and I am almost always short in the koban department. To me, the Pass is worth it as it aids me in getting to the point where I can compete in the D3 league and say goodbye to the constant koban shortage I deal with at my level of play. Of course, by then I'll probably be in the "gotta catch them all" gaming group and end up spending said kobans on Pachinko games. 🤣

• Hearts 1

In Kinky Season:

1. Please am I correct that the prize at Level 10 is just one of these worthless avatars?

2.  If you buy the Pass & get to level 15, you win a girl. If you then get to level 25, the free prize looks like the same girl. So what happens? Do you win a different girl? 

Thank you

• Hearts 1

3 minutes ago, petertavy said:

In Kinky Season:

1. Please am I correct that the prize at Level 10 is just one of these worthless avatars?

2.  If you buy the Pass & get to level 15, you win a girl. If you then get to level 25, the free prize looks like the same girl. So what happens? Do you win a different girl? 

Thank you

1. yes, this is an avatar
  2. yes, this is the same girl. KK did not mention anything yet - additionally you are independent in which order you claim which prize. 
  • Hearts 1