Kisses as rewards are worthless

Abner54

I am disappointed with the news that the weekly leagues rewards and alternate champion rewards are being replaced with kisses. 

Since the seasons rewards are limited to a finite number that is achievable at the current kisses replenishment rate, extra kisses are of no value. I feel the same about having kisses as tier rewards in seasons.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I won't say Kisses are worthless. They can help in Seasons and in PvP Daily Contests since the Season does last the whole month. For that reason they seem to be an appropriate reward inside of the Season. I totally agree that placing them all over the place is going to an unnecessary extreme which negates even the minor strategic use I mentioned.

Different problem here. From about Rank 30 on, all my opponents seem to be in the 1-3 Mojo range, so i'm absolutely crawling to the next ranks. Rank 33 now due to the occasional good draw (not counting the two people i can't beat), but 50 is pretty much unattainable due to spending a full bar on +15 points out of 200.

3 hours ago, Makinen said:

Different problem here. From about Rank 30 on, all my opponents seem to be in the 1-3 Mojo range, so i'm absolutely crawling to the next ranks. Rank 33 now due to the occasional good draw (not counting the two people i can't beat), but 50 is pretty much unattainable due to spending a full bar on +15 points out of 200.

I just finished Seasons today. My opponents were always in the range of 14 to 26 mojo. I'm curious why you get such low Mojo opponents. I didn't try to go fast and pretty much kept my leaderboard type ranking at 3000 or greater. Where are you? My hero is at Level 310. The majority of oponents I face are a lower level than I am. Where are you? Do your opponents have higher or lower levels than you do? I rarely come across a set of 3 opponents in which I cannot beat one.

Since I haven't been in your position I will have to guess. I suspect your Level is too high in proportion to your combat stats. I think your opponents give low Mojo because you should be expected to beat them easily, based on your level. I suspect your solution will be to get better equipment and spend lots of money in the market to upgrade your stats. I could be completely wrong. If you post a screen grab of your player with stats people can compare and either confirm or debunk my suspicions.

I suspect that is indeed the problem for me, i'm level 109 myself and a lot of my opponents are indeed higher. To clarify though, it's not that i can't beat them, it's that the three spawns are mostly 1 or 2 Mojo spawns with very few exceptions. On average half my hits are for very little Mojo gain.

In my case there are two or three i cannot beat, but those are mostly dependent on when i log on as their boosters will have worn off around certain times :P

Screenshot will follow tomorrow, right now i need some sleep as i haven't slept much yesterday ^^; 

Edited by Makinen

4 hours ago, DocJD said:

I'm curious why you get such low Mojo opponents. I didn't try to go fast and pretty much kept my leaderboard type ranking at 3000 or greater. Where are you? My hero is at Level 310. The majority of oponents I face are a lower level than I am. Where are you? Do your opponents have higher or lower levels than you do? I rarely come across a set of 3 opponents in which I cannot beat one.

Since I haven't been in your position I will have to guess. I suspect your Level is too high in proportion to your combat stats. I think your opponents give low Mojo because you should be expected to beat them easily, based on your level. I suspect your solution will be to get better equipment and spend lots of money in the market to upgrade your stats. I could be completely wrong. If you post a screen grab of your player with stats people can compare and either confirm or debunk my suspicions.

Their problem is actually the opposite end. Most other players outlevel them to rapid degree, thus they have basically noone of appropriate level and activity range in their pool. Kinkoid balance their game around players who actually play it, so people choosing not to level up, tends to mean features don't work well for them. Level 100 is easily achieved in like a month these days, so the players that start in their range will be well outside of it, since this user has been played for like 2 years.

i don't like the season change at all. i am starting to think that they had you losses every so often to get you to spend real $$$. just today i had several matches won by a very large margin only to lose. makes zero since that when you have over 15k in all the "stats" over the opponents and you lose. just not worth my time and energy to play this game if this is how it will go.

• Thinking 1

10 hours ago, Makinen said:

I suspect that is indeed the problem for me, i'm level 109 myself and a lot of my opponents are indeed higher. To clarify though, it's not that i can't beat them, it's that the three spawns are mostly 1 or 2 Mojo spawns with very few exceptions. On average half my hits are for very little Mojo gain.

In my case there are two or three i cannot beat, but those are mostly dependent on when i log on as their boosters will have worn off around certain times :P

Screenshot will follow tomorrow, right now i need some sleep as i haven't slept much yesterday ^^; 

Kind of similar, current series:

4  32  40

1  1  1

7  40  2

3  1  1

1  1  1

39  1  1

3  40  1

1  1  1

39  1  1

1  1  1

Current set: 4  1  1

And that's basically what my pulls look like. The 40 Mojo guy is someone i can't beat, the 39 one i can while their boosts are down. But yeah, there is absolutely no middle ground anymore.

And yeah, level 100 or so can be achieved in a month, but then again, Seasons lasts a month as well: Shouldn't that mean there would be new people around my own Seasons rank as well?

Edited by Makinen

50 minutes ago, Makinen said:

And yeah, level 100 or so can be achieved in a month, but then again, Seasons lasts a month as well: Shouldn't that mean there would be new people around my own Seasons rank as well?

Sure, they are there, giving you 1-3 mojo. Because you have much more mojo than them. Players at that level are very new players, except yourself, so they have a small amount of mojo.

9 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Sure, they are there, giving you 1-3 mojo. Because you have much more mojo than them. Players at that level are very new players, except yourself, so they have a small amount of mojo.

Except Mojo is reset for every new Seasons, so the gap shouldn't be that large, right?

1 hour ago, Makinen said:

Except Mojo is reset for every new Seasons, so the gap shouldn't be that large, right?

More than halfway through the month? It will be yes, because the people reaching that level are relatively new. Even if it isn't, meaningless to this topic. The feature should be balanced around people who engage with all aspects of the game. People who don't, will obviously just have to endure with whatever imbalance they're given.

I would say it's even just around two weeks for new players to go to level ~125, which is probably where Makinen's opponent bubble ends. Fully active new players will speed past that level range before they're even close enough to Season tier 30+ to fulfill the mojo restriction on the opponent selections, and new players with limited activity may spend more time below level 125, but will be even further away from tier 30. In other words, I would guess almost none of the opponents you do see now are playing the game properly either. (The idea of level ~100 people copiously using boosters amuses me, though.)

Edited by _shal_

6 hours ago, _shal_ said:

I would say it's even just around two weeks for new players to go to level ~125, which is probably where Makinen's opponent bubble ends. Fully active new players will speed past that level range before they're even close enough to Season tier 30+ to fulfill the mojo restriction on the opponent selections, and new players with limited activity may spend more time below level 125, but will be even further away from tier 30. In other words, I would guess almost none of the opponents you do see now are playing the game properly either. (The idea of level ~100 people copiously using boosters amuses me, though.)

Yeah, been seeing them hover for the past couple of weeks around the 110-120 range, so they're probably people like me that decide to hold levels in order to avoid the 'heavier' players. :D