Inactive Club Leader

TachuTschuBacca

As stated in the title our club has an inactive leader. Therefore we (the members) have been discussing the transferring of leadership to a different person, but there has been some confusion. These are the questions we currently have:

1.       Is it even possible to change the leadership?

2.       Will the club lose all its upgrades after transferring leadership?

14 minutes ago, TachuTschuBacca said:

As stated in the title our club has an inactive leader. Therefore we (the members) have been discussing the transferring of leadership to a different person, but there has been some confusion. These are the questions we currently have:

1.       Is it even possible to change the leadership?

2.       Will the club lose all its upgrades after transferring leadership?

You are person 123 to ask for an ingame mechanism. There is no easy official announcement on this as far as I remember. The best advise known to me is this: 

1. your active club members agree on the new club leader. All of them open a support ticket (settings -> support) and propose same player as new leader.
    1. that way the support is able to see: it is not only one person demanding it.
  2. No, the upgrades are bound to the club, not to the leader.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, windia said:

You are person 123 to ask for an ingame mechanism. There is no easy official announcement on this as far as I remember. The best advise known to me is this: 

1. your active club members agree on the new club leader. All of them open a support ticket (settings -> support) and propose same player as new leader.

Alright, sounds good.  The addition of club champions have made it more important for the club to have active members, and we have about 9 inactive ones in our club including the leader, which haven't played in 48+ days.  Being able to kick inactive members that haven't played for 30+ days or more, would help everyone else conserve resources, and still participate in fighting the club champion, resulting in everyone having a better chance to obtain the new monthly girl.

19 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Alright, sounds good.  The addition of club champions have made it more important for the club to have active members, and we have about 9 inactive ones in our club including the leader, which haven't played in 48+ days.  Being able to kick inactive members that haven't played for 30+ days or more, would help everyone else conserve resources, and still participate in fighting the club champion, resulting in everyone having a better chance to obtain the new monthly girl.

On-topic: Totally agreed that success on Club Champions requires active participation of as many members as possible during each fight as well as active leadership to optimize club rosters.  Great advice from @windia above & many other members throughout these forums.  If you're in a stagnant club, I sincerely wish you the best of luck in reorganizing leadership roles and/or finding new & better homes.  🙂

Off-topic but addressing quoted post: IMHO & based upon recent experience, proceed with caution with regard to kicking inactive members. If your club is not yet 100% full, you may wish to wait until all slots are filled before pruning inactive members.  As Club Champion level is based directly off of Club Level & total number of members, hastily or unnecessarily removing members whose levels are significantly below the average levels of active members will do a short-term disadvantage to the club.  You may find, to your dismay, that the next Club Champion will "suddenly" gain levels (and requisite Impression) before the start of the very next fight... making him more difficult to overcome by the remaining members if "reinforcements" (new active members) aren't immediately available, resources are already scarce, etc.

Obviously the long-term goal is to have full & active clubs; I'm just offering a friendly warning for clubs to consider this aspect in their decision-making before making an uninformed mistake.  😉

• Like 1

It'd be nice if leadership could "time out", say 90 days unplayed and leadership defaults to the next highest level player... or something like that.

Frankly, it'd just be nice to have a way to seek out a new club if yours is idling for similar reasons... but there doesn't appear to be any real way to reach out to the leadership of another club to apply.

On 3/3/2021 at 6:44 AM, Tenken said:

It'd be nice if leadership could "time out", say 90 days unplayed and leadership defaults to the next highest level player... or something like that.

Frankly, it'd just be nice to have a way to seek out a new club if yours is idling for similar reasons... but there doesn't appear to be any real way to reach out to the leadership of another club to apply.

I had a similar problem, in a fairly inactive club who weren't making a concerted effort to beat champion. Didn't want to leave without knowing what clubs were available, but didn't know how to check. Then I saw in Tower of Fame, there were two views : { League } and { Clubs }. Clicking clubs allowed me to view all clubs, and find one that looked promising. So I left old club, joined new one, and managed to get Kumiko. Now on way to getting Bianca. Also found out that the double speech bubble was club chat when I started to getting messages !!

Good luck if you look for a new club.

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2021 at 1:38 PM, windia said:

And the old leader?  What protection does he have of his rights?

11 minutes ago, fvtaxman said:

And the old leader?  What protection does he have of his rights?

If the support confirms that he is long time inactive - none.

If the support detects he is active - nothing will change.

That is how I understood various forum posts on this topic. If your members are unsatisfied with you as club leader and you are active - they can go. If you went away - which rights should you bother with?

• Like 1

I guess the interpretation of "inactive" would be the issue. How long would a player have to be offline to be declared inactive ? Would an ongoing purchase (card, Patreon subscription) negate not logging in ? No matter what rules were put in place someone would not be happy.

Though I do favour some official rules with regard to inactive guild leaders being replaced, maybe with some protection that they cannot be removed from the Guild for a number of days in case they do return to the game soon after being relieved.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Incubys said:

I guess the interpretation of "inactive" would be the issue. How long would a player have to be offline to be declared inactive ? Would an ongoing purchase (card, Patreon subscription) negate not logging in ? No matter what rules were put in place someone would not be happy.

Though I do favour some official rules with regard to inactive guild leaders being replaced, maybe with some protection that they cannot be removed from the Guild for a number of days in case they do return to the game soon after being relieved.

In our case, it was more than 90 days without login in, and of course without paying anything. I don't think he even knows what has happened.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kenrae said:

In our case, it was more than 90 days without login in, and of course without paying anything. I don't think he even knows what has happened.

90 days is a horrific case of neglect.  Particularly now that club champs are ongoing feature.

Still I was thinking about some objective standard for HH customer care to affect a removal of the club a founder paid to create:

Upon the request of X number or X percent of club members an email goes out to the club leader saying that with no response in Y days, this action (fill in) shall happen....

Or the like...

Since he was not there to monitor new requests, even a few days puts the health of the club at risk.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The best course of action is to introduce a new role - vice-leader of the club. Vice leader can be assigned by a leader, but the new role is reassigned automatically if vice is inactive. This way the leader won't lose its ownership over club/club name and club will have someone active who can manage rosters.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 4:01 PM, Incubys said:

I had a similar problem, in a fairly inactive club who weren't making a concerted effort to beat champion. Didn't want to leave without knowing what clubs were available, but didn't know how to check. Then I saw in Tower of Fame, there were two views : { League } and { Clubs }. Clicking clubs allowed me to view all clubs, and find one that looked promising. So I left old club, joined new one, and managed to get Kumiko. Now on way to getting Bianca. Also found out that the double speech bubble was club chat when I started to getting messages !!

Good luck if you look for a new club.

Our club, Harem Heroes Unlimited, got the leader issue all sorted out now and the new leader is going about trying to fill the spaces from people who left while the club idled (we have 7 spots open and a few folks who may yet go), we haven't removed our old leader in case he ever returns since he did a lot of work before growing tired of the game.  Honestly, even having regular contact with someone is helpful as now we can engage and see the direction the club is heading in.

Thanks for the help on this earlier in the thread. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1