Mythic Pachinko Avatar Possible Bug?

Today I won an avatar that I already had—one of the very first ones that I got when I first started playing. 

I'm dead certain it's a duplicate. I'm pretty meh about the cosmetic aspects and I really dislike the lack of sorting for the avatars, so I don't really use them often. Just click through to clear the notification symbol. I recognized it as it was the first avatar that I switched to for a while. Surprised by it as I haven't been playing long and I doubt I even have 25% of them.

Suggestion: tweak the drop code so that we don't get cosmetic duplicates, or offer a few kobans or a couple tickets/kisses instead. 

There was exactly one exception to that, one of Santa Claudia's avatars that had already been given away way back when but was still in the pool and could briefly "drop" as a dupe when they added the batch with it to the MP. It's been fixed shortly thereafter, and right now there are the 31 most recent ones that were added a couple days ago, and that's it (for those who were up to date on their MP avatars). No exception as of now.

And yeah, there are plenty of avatars that are basically identical except for a slightly different background, so especially as thumbnails from the MP it's pretty tough to tell them apart.