No contest today?

Muschiboom

I went to contests today and have yesterdays reward and a cooldown counter that says next one in 23h some minutes.

Is there no contest today?  This is the first I recall this since I played this game and didn't see report of it in any notes.

• Like 1

That  happens on every time switch. At least in the 2 years since i started playing.

Except. this time it is Path of Attraction, and it is truly great to not be able to score 20k points in contest on the second to last day of the event because there IS NO contest.

If this happened one day later, people would come out with torches and pitchforks.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Yop, there are weird things happening with the server resets every time we switch to or from DST. At least today isn't the end or the start of an event (or a league) so the impact is minimal. Daily missions are on now, and the new contest should start in about 15 mins.

Kinkoid staff doesn't work on weekends, so they won't adjust server timers until tomorrow. Cheers.

It is even worse in Canada and USA where we switched hours last week, not today. Not every country change time at same date. It would be better the game stick with international time so each player know the game will lose or gain 1 hour in event calendar...

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Yop, there are weird things happening with the server resets every time we switch to or from DST. At least today isn't the end or the start of an event (or a league) so the impact is minimal. Daily missions are on now, and the new contest should start in about 15 mins.

Kinkoid staff doesn't work on weekends, so they won't adjust server timers until tomorrow. Cheers.

The missions are here, but I've got a note at the bottom of the contests saying "new contests in 22h 54m" so it looks like we've missed the contests for a day :-(

(update: posted this the same time as DvDivXXX confirmed that the contests were missing for today)

Edited by TravellingMan
update
  • Like 2

A similar problem!
Not only did the contest on March 27th ended an hour earlier (it’s my surprise when I went in an hour before the end of the contest and saw that it was already over), but I also didn’t receive a new contest. How to complete the XIX PoA quest then?! 😡🤬

Every day I start to hate the whole concept of contests more and more...

hace 15 minutos, DvDivXXX dijo:

Update: Alright, looks like the contest timer is messed up and we won't have a contest today. This sucks for those who needed it for the PoA task, but it can't be helped today.

That would be me, for example.

I swear if they come tomorrow with one of those sell items contests I'll lose it.

I cannot grasp why you lose an entire day to time change...it's just an hour change...anyway, maybe they'll extend the event a day.  I think there's room for it in calendar.

PS: Thanks for merging, I looked I swear :D

PPS: I guess my memory went with DST too, I have no recollection of this in past years=)  Should have looked for longer ago threads.

Edited by jpanda
  • Like 1

There were some other (smaller) issues leading up to the time change as well. For example, PoPs would say "Complete in 8 hours", which gets KK points for trying, but still factually incorrect (I hope). Meanwhile, Market would say "New stock in 8 hours" as normal. So, there was some lack of consistency there.

It only happens twice a year (and hopefully soon no more at all), so I can't really blame KK for not investing lots of time in this. But I admit, I couldn't care less about PoA :D.

43 minutes ago, Griffe said:

It is even worse in Canada and USA where we switched hours last week, not today. Not every country change time at same date. It would be better the game stick with international time so each player know the game will lose or gain 1 hour in event calendar...

I completely agree!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Update: Alright, looks like the contest timer is messed up and we won't have a contest today. This sucks for those who needed it for the PoA task, but it can't be helped today.

is this now for sure? what about the contest? will there be one more day added to the contest?