Question about pvp in ToF. I dont get it.

Walhalla

Hello! I am a new player, I have been playing for about 3 months. I like the game and I was thinking I was starting to understand how girls lvl/affinity, classes, stats and battle work. I dont mean perfectly but a start at least... But the this happens and I got kinda frustrated as I do not understand how this is possible.

I am now focusing on getting some good girls to try to reach better positions in the ToF. So i though I should (slowly) try to get KH (my specialty) girls which are at least Legend 5 stars or even better Mythic, cos I thought they would be stronger. 

Yesterday I fought a guy in the ToF and I won 3 out of 3. And i dont understand how.. can u maybe help me understand? I removed the name of the guy. 

hh.thumb.JPG.05f774a0d0be3846004719f22c503674.JPG

He is 66 levels above me, he has a 6 stars (all filled) mythic girl and 2 5 stars (all filled) legenday girls. I have 1 5star legendary girl as alpha (with only 4/5 stars filled) a 3 star leg (2/3 filled) and a 5 star leg omega (3/5 filled). I do not have any boosters at all and i didnt even max out the stats in the market (althoug i am quite near maxing them). How is it possible that I win this ? He also has like 3 times the number of girls that i have...

Can you help me understand?

Edited by Walhalla

Take a look at his stats. He has worse stats than you. Worse primary stats and worse secondary stats, the ones you should look at to know how a battle will go (attack specifically in this case).

Maybe he hasn't improved his stats in the market at all, or maybe he had crappy equipment at that moment. Check his stats now to see if they have changed.

Oh, there's something else I just noticed: his alpha and omega girls are not of his class. His alpha girl is hardcore, it doesn't matter if it's a mythic girl, that's an awful lineup.

• Like 1

What Kenrae said - the stats are crucial when you want to know the probable outcome of a fight. Not the level or how many girls someone has.

Since you have both almost the same amount of HP (Ego) but you have the advantage of first strike and at least at the beginning of the fight you do ~2900 more damage than your opponent (you have 4600 more attack power, he has a 1700 points advantage in defense => you're hitting 2900 points harder every round). So your victories aren't a miracle at all. :)

• Like 1

First of all ty to you both. I generally understood why I won, what i could not get my head around was how he could have so low stats with such girls (maxed out mythic and x2 5 stars legenday) vs me without maxed out girls and with a much higher level... I guess cos his alpha girl is not KH, like Kenrae said?

When i looked at his profile I saw he had all leg items on, I do not know the levels of his iteams but still... it seems strange that his stats were so low. I recheked now, it's better especially the EGO.. but his stats are similar.. He used a booster?

aaa.JPG.f86798308d692554aa038f29a9d213de.JPG

How do you know who goes first?

ty again... I still do not really understand combat that well :D

Edited by Walhalla

13 minutes ago, Walhalla said:

I guess cos his alpha girl is not KH, like Kenrae said?

29 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

his alpha and omega girls are not of his class. His alpha girl is hardcore, it doesn't matter if it's a mythic girl, that's an awful lineup.

No more to say. Try changing it yourself and see your new stats.

• Like 1

No problem. It takes a while to get used to PvP. ;)

If he uses legendary equipment, then I'd guess his stats are so low because he really didn't level up his stats in the market. And having girls in your roster that don't match your class - yes, this does a lot of damage to your final combat stats, too. Because if you're of the Know-How class the KH-stat of your girl is what determines your attack power (besides your basic KH stat of course). If you use a girl of another class instead, she will have quite a low KH value. No matter how good she is overall.

So if you want to be successful in the leagues and you can't seem to find easy victories anymore, try to scan your opponents for 'wrong' girls. I noticed that some players have a fitting girl of their class as Alpha, but their Betas and Omegas are of another class, resulting in a weak performance in the mid and late rounds.

• Like 1

Attack and defense, and to a lesser extent harmony, are the stats you should look at (the ones on the right). They depend on multiple factors, one of them being your primary stats (the ones on the left) but also your girls and your boosters.

About the primary stats, Knowledge, Charm and Hardcore. You have better stats than him with a much lower level, how can that be? Equipment and market stats are a possible explanation. Gingeng boosters could be another, but you've already said you're not boosted. But if you take a careful look there's another, easier, explanation for that: you're in a club and he isn't (or wasn't). You club gives you bonuses to your primary stats.

Add his crappy girl lineup and the result is that he has an awful attack. Now he has better stats, it could very well be that he's in a club now. Or maybe he has gingseng boosters on (the other boosters increase ego or attack directly, so you don't see a change in the profile nor the primary stats).

Take something else into account: your opponents stats in the league aren't updated every time he changes something. There's a refresh snapshot every 6 hours so you could be seeing old information. He could have crappy equipment at the moment of the refresh but not now if you look into his profile.

Oh, and by the way, you always go first.

Edited by Kenrae
  • Like 2

16 minuti fa, Moonlynx ha scritto:

So if you want to be successful in the leagues and you can't seem to find easy victories anymore, try to scan your opponents for 'wrong' girls. I noticed that some players have a fitting girl of their class as Alpha, but their Betas and Omegas are of another class, resulting in a weak performance in the mid and late rounds.

I see; I read (somewhere.. cant remember) that having a girl of another specialy as omega would help with defence against that specialty... is that wrong?

6 minuti fa, Kenrae ha scritto:

Attack and defense, and to a lesser extent harmony, are the stats you should look at (the ones on the right). They depend on multiple factors, one of them being your primary stats (the ones on the left) but also your girls and your boosters.

About the primary stats, Knowledge, Charm and Hardcore. You have better stats than him with a much lower level, how can that be? Equipment and market stats are a possible explanation. Gingeng boosters could be another, but you've already said you're not boosted. But if you take a careful look there's another, easier, explanation for that: you're in a club and he isn't (or wasn't). You club gives you bonuses to your primary stats.

I am indeed in a club, but I think it's not really helpful, as my club ranks are all at 10 except the mopney one at 11.. 
Regarding harmony.. I still do not really get how that helps...but I try to keep it high :D

Anyway, ty all for the info, very very interesting and helpful!

18 minutes ago, Walhalla said:

I see; I read (somewhere.. cant remember) that having a girl of another specialy as omega would help with defence against that specialty... is that wrong?

Yes. For your beta and omega girls the ONLY stat you care about is your own, Knowledge in your case. Everything derives from that.

19 minutes ago, Walhalla said:

I am indeed in a club, but I think it's not really helpful, as my club ranks are all at 10 except the mopney one at 11.. 
Regarding harmony.. I still do not really get how that helps...but I try to keep it high :D

Of course it's helpful: Rank 10 gives you a 5% increase. His 14.8k Knowledge would be more than 15.5k, for example. Similar to what he has now. You can check whether he's in a club now and you can check his club clicking on it if he has one.

The more harmony you have the better crit percentage you'll have, that's basically it. Attack and defense are more important but it helps.

There are other things to take into account, like excitement, but that's advanced PvP, first you need to understand the basics ;) .

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

There are other things to take into account, like excitement, but that's advanced PvP, first you need to understand the basics ;) .

But I want to add that everything above the basics is completely optional and not worth spending much time on. Especially for newer players. I'm not much of a PvP player myself and never dived into the subtleties of the battle system. And I'm still doing quite well despite this. ;)

Edited by Moonlynx

17 minuti fa, Kenrae ha scritto:

Yes. For your beta and omega girls the ONLY stat you care about is your own, Knowledge in your case. Everything derives from that.

Of course it's helpful: Rank 10 gives you a 5% increase. His 14.8k Knowledge would be more than 15.5k, for example. Similar to what he has now. You can check whether he's in a club now and you can check his club clicking on it if he has one.

The more harmony you have the better crit percentage you'll have, that's basically it. Attack and defense are more important but it helps.

So the best is to put just the best KH girls i have in all 3 position.. will do ! I actually have Jezebel there to get some "free" affinity/xp from Season (yeah i am lazy :P ), as I am not trying to win ToF yet, I still have a long way to go to be competitive, especially as I am completely f2p atm, so it will take me a bit longer to be competitive.

Thank you all again, much appreciated.

Edited by Walhalla
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Walhalla said:

So the best is to put just the best KH girls i have in all 3 position.. will do ! I actually have Jezebel there to get some "free" affinity/xp from Season (yeah i am lazy :P ), as I am not trying to win ToF yet, I still have a long way to go to be competitive, especially as I am completely f2p atm, so it will take me a bit longer to be competitive.

Thank you all again, much appreciated.

Yes, for now, just put your best girl as alpha, second best as beta and third best as omega. If you need to level up a girl you can put her as omega where she won't be a liability. "Best girl" means the one who has a higher KH stat in your case. In case of a tie you can check his other stats, but they're only taken into account for your alpha girl.

If you want to dive into more advanced PvP in the future feel free to ask here but for now you should be focused on levelling up and building your resources.

Edited by Kenrae

1 minuto fa, Kenrae ha scritto:

Yes, for now, just put your best girl as alpha, second best as beta and third best as omega. If you need to level up a girl you can put her as omega where she won't be a liability.

If you want to dive into more advanced PvP in the future feel free to ask here but for now you should be focused on levelling up and building your resources.

Will do, ty!