Season Noob Questions

vinceee92

Hi, 

I've spent alot of kobans refreshing my kisses and opponents so that I could increase my tier. But for a while the MOJO received from each fight is only 1-2 MOJO. Is this a bug? If so, could I have my kobans returned.

Regards,

Vincent

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 2.16.03 am.png

Edited by DvDivXXX
Mod edit: added information

The 1-2 mojo is not a bug, but it is a bit of bad luck, with time it will solve by itself.

Never refresh opponents in Seasons, even if you have to take a loss sometimes. Also don't buy kisses in season.

You a just starting this game at level 84, and your kobans are more important now for other things. For your battle team select the girls of your own especialty (charm, for example Juliette) and upgrade and uplevel them, or at least your alpha and beta.

After reaching level 36, my opponent has become very strong. I lose every time. I can’t get up to the level. I can’t beat it after refreshing. But I want to push to level 51 to get the second girl. How can I solve it?

屏幕截图 2021-04-19 140902.png

1. This thread doesn't belong in Bug Reporting. There's no bug involved, only lack of knowledge from those who ask.
  2. How many kobans you spend (waste) or don't spend (play smart) on this feature has nothing to do with it.
  3. Which Season Tier you happen to be at has nothing to do with it.

Long story short, the game tries to give you a choice of opponents that are roughly on par with you (give or take 20-40 player levels when you're a very very brand-new player like both the OP and the other guy who posted a screenshot are). You get more or less Mojo added (win) or removed (defeat) against these opponents based on how far they are in the Season compared to you. So there's a sweet spot where you progress at roughly the same pace as other players as good or bad, experienced or new as you are, and you keep getting reasonable fights for decent Mojo. If you go way too fast (waste kobans to rush this thing when you've started the game a minute ago) you'll make things harder for yourself. If you go too slow, it can also be a bit more challenging to catch up (or easier, that really depends on the "meta" for this within your bracket).

Last but not least, you guys should focus on finishing the tutorial in the Adventure mode, having a look at the wiki and other basic stuff before obsessing over Seasons at your brand-new player level. Do NOT report "bugs" for the next six months at the very least. You don't have a clue what's what yet, let alone what might be a bug. Instead, post your future noob questions in the relevant section, where I moved this thread to.

Good luck, have fun.

PS: One for the road: you really shouldn't spend kobans to refresh anything at this point. Just take the loss that will remove the least amount of Mojo, and move on to the next choice of opponents. This way you'll eventually reach a balance.

Edited by DvDivXXX
Added information
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• DvDivXXX changed the title to Season Noob Questions

I also faced this problem previously, and @DvDivXXX's advice was invaluable in helping me understand how to work Seasons. My problem was saving about 150 kisses from the previous season and blowing them right at the start. 

Best advice is take it steady. If you see the Mojo figures dropping take some time out, maybe fighting once every hour so you keep regenerating kisses. Another thing I was advised to do was intentional lose a fight or two to lower your mojo to try to get different opponents to fight. To work out how much mojo you will lose, deduct the mojo you would get for a win from 40 - ie if you could gain 24 mojo if you won, you would lose 16 mojo if you lost (40-24 = 16).

In my case it took couple days to right itself but it certainly helped me understand the game better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd also like to point out that your mojo will increase until you reach the 50/50 point where you'd lose half of your fights.

I think it helps to imagine what it would look like from a players perpective at that 50/50 point:

- in half of cases all three opponents will be unwinnable
- in the other half only one or two opponents will be winnable
- and due to variance you might get series of unwinnable trios

846134551_Season1.thumb.png.f6c7b770752b8d92f03a6d29c56b090a.png

That's normal. (Maybe a bit frustrating design on Kinkoid's part, but that's beside the point.)

As mentioned above, you might need to slow down or wait a bit until bulk of players progress a bit further. That makes your personal 50/50 point go up as well allowing you to progress.

• Like 1