removal of dating tokens

TiredCocksucker

nutaku gay harem player here on an alt account

look... I get that you kinda messed up by introducing dating tokens, and you felt like you couldn't leave them in because it was throwing off the rarity balance. I get that

but just removing them entirely, with zero compensation, was a huge dick move. I paid real money, more than once, to get extra fight energy just to farm those, because there was a specific character I was saving up for. they were not common enough that this was something I could do easily. moreover, if I didn't think I would be able to get that character with dating tokens if I failed, I would have put more effort in while he was up. so hopefully you can understand my frustration here

do you see how from where I'm sitting, you basically ate that money?
I don't have a lot of money that I can just spend frivolously, I was occasionally treating myself while building to a long-term goal, happy to support a developer that's putting out fun gay content. you see how that's kind of a cool, mutually beneficial relationship? when I started out, I was really hesitant to pay for anything, I kinda pride myself on not getting influenced by the free to play model, but as time went on I was getting more and more used to paying for stuff. I even splurged on one of those premium memberships. bought a couple season passes. because I appreciated the work that was going into it and I liked the small joy of working towards and eventually achieving long-term goals. you snuffed that out, with the only warning being in one of those pop-ups that we're basically trained (by you) to log in and immediately close without reading because they happen every single day

frankly, I feel like I was robbed, and I'm done with this game
you want to string people along with little dopamine hits to keep pumping them for money, fine, but you need to be real fucking careful when you give players something, and then take it away, because that's how you lose customers. did you not see sales spikes for the fight tokens at the start of the month, when the dating tokens were available? I definitely assumed you did, because that's when the best deals routinely appeared. 220 fists for 5 bucks, great bargain. those sales are human beings giving you their hard earned money in good faith.
I can't in good conscience keep supporting a team that's gonna take my money, and then remove the features that I paid that money for. sorry. it's a matter of principle.

hate to go, but I guess thanks for all the extra time I'll have per day not having to check in, and the ten or so bucks a month I won't be spending
getting fucked over is better than a nicotine patch for breaking habits, eh?

so I guess my feedback is, in the future, don't introduce a feature unless you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you're not going to remove it later and effectively rob your customers of everything they invested into it in the meantime

that's all
peace, god bless

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dating tokens didn't make all guys obtainable though, they still required you to have at least one shard on the guy to use them. That meant minimally seasons & Path of Attraction were not available with tokens. (Aside from those few PoA guys that were added to KC for a horribly expensive revival during anniversary month)

On 11/4/2021 at 5:48 AM, TiredCocksucker said:

nutaku gay harem player here on an alt account

look... I get that you kinda messed up by introducing dating tokens, and you felt like you couldn't leave them in because it was throwing off the rarity balance. I get that

but just removing them entirely, with zero compensation, was a huge dick move. I paid real money, more than once, to get extra fight energy just to farm those, because there was a specific character I was saving up for. they were not common enough that this was something I could do easily. moreover, if I didn't think I would be able to get that character with dating tokens if I failed, I would have put more effort in while he was up. so hopefully you can understand my frustration here

do you see how from where I'm sitting, you basically ate that money?
I don't have a lot of money that I can just spend frivolously, I was occasionally treating myself while building to a long-term goal, happy to support a developer that's putting out fun gay content. you see how that's kind of a cool, mutually beneficial relationship? when I started out, I was really hesitant to pay for anything, I kinda pride myself on not getting influenced by the free to play model, but as time went on I was getting more and more used to paying for stuff. I even splurged on one of those premium memberships. bought a couple season passes. because I appreciated the work that was going into it and I liked the small joy of working towards and eventually achieving long-term goals. you snuffed that out, with the only warning being in one of those pop-ups that we're basically trained (by you) to log in and immediately close without reading because they happen every single day

frankly, I feel like I was robbed, and I'm done with this game
you want to string people along with little dopamine hits to keep pumping them for money, fine, but you need to be real fucking careful when you give players something, and then take it away, because that's how you lose customers. did you not see sales spikes for the fight tokens at the start of the month, when the dating tokens were available? I definitely assumed you did, because that's when the best deals routinely appeared. 220 fists for 5 bucks, great bargain. those sales are human beings giving you their hard earned money in good faith.
I can't in good conscience keep supporting a team that's gonna take my money, and then remove the features that I paid that money for. sorry. it's a matter of principle.

hate to go, but I guess thanks for all the extra time I'll have per day not having to check in, and the ten or so bucks a month I won't be spending
getting fucked over is better than a nicotine patch for breaking habits, eh?

so I guess my feedback is, in the future, don't introduce a feature unless you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you're not going to remove it later and effectively rob your customers of everything they invested into it in the meantime

that's all
peace, god bless

yes, I agree. I think they should at least allow the players to use their earned (and paid for!) dating tokens by temporarily re-activing this feature again - or compensate them as it was suggested in this thread.

Also, this seems to be not a fringe issue - many players are affected I guess - but as the forum goers WERE aware of this change, the caught by surprise non-forum goers are less likely to end up here and vent - there are many more .

I don't like that dating tokens were taken down either and even less for the reason they gave us but they did give us notice. They told us a month in advance that tokens would be removed from the game and the last event they'd appear in is the October 1st 9 day event and October 26th would be the last day you can spend them. The patch notes are posted weekly in game by clicking the mailbox in the bottom left corner of the screen and they mentioned dating tokens removal on Sept 29th, Oct 6th and again on Oct 27th(removal day). The news feed like bundles pops up quite frequently when logging in so everyone should know its there. While I don't agree with a lot of what kinkoid does they  gave adequate notice on this one and I'd highly recommend finding time to read the patch notes every week.

Tbh I do not completely get the reasoning for the removal of the feature.

Isn't it part of the premise/goal of the game to eventually collect all available guys?

With how limited the chances to get some guys are, especially for newer players or those who can't/don't want to spend real money, it seems to be a bit shortsighted to make a whole bunch of guys completely unavailable after they have been first introduced.

Especially when it comes to Season guys and Path of Attraction many lower leveled players simply don't have the resources and unlocked features yet to even try to "get the thrill of the chase" as the developers worded it.

I'm not even counting the super rare six-star guys with red background into it as they're more or less apparently intended to be available only to players who pay real money or who are already Level 250+ and have enough resources available to compete offensively for them, but those could be made exempt from any feature which can help you get a guy you couldn't get the first time he was available.

On the flip side I can imagine this begetting no thrill of chase at all for quite some players but to become quite a source of frustration due to missing out on guys because of bad luck in the RNG field, having not enough boosters available to get far enough in seasons etc.

The Dating Tokens-issue itself was communicated quite in advance indeed, so I used the around 500+ tokens I had "amassed" on Nutaku after four months of play up before they were disabled.

Still, I would like to see eventually a new feature that allows you somehow to start getting further shards for guys you have at least one shard on. If there's really a need for some total "exclusivity", just make all the red six-star guys exempt from that feature.