About BDSM and the community (rant on rantings?)

lepidocter

I have a lot of reasons to think that BDSM and all recent changes create a way more interesting game both for mid levels than newbies.

But probably no one want to discuss about.

My idea is that the aptitude of early PvP players isn't to play a good game, but simply get some satisfaction by clicking a button and umiliate other virtual competitors they doesn't even know.

As long the aptitude isn't harming no one, it's your game and you can do whatever. The moment this aptitude become toxic there's something wrong.

You should figure out that no one care. I don't. I don't mind nothing, anything, nada, rien, nulla, of your level 500/900 Harem that win Dicktator 3. I simply don't care and looking at your efforts to keep in touch I'll probably never want for. The number of people that play the game this way is a very limited grain in the desert.

The idea this game was all about your efforts to win the League is toxic. And so, I had to mind.

From experienced players I'm expecting hints, strategies, new meta to discuss. The sole things I read is 'U R serious? Gems bad, I cannot win Leeegg anymo!'. Not aware that a whole change will influence both you and all of your competitors, so is not personal on any level. That's silly, really silly. Uncanny silly to debate.

Most of YOU, whales and high level players, are monopolizing discussions on top of your urge of League success, without being aware of the actual problems of the game you're playing.

You seems unaware that collecting 30k items is a BAD consequence. You seems unaware that a depot of 1000 tickets is BAD. You seems unaware that a game that speed up instead of slowering down by time is definitely BAD.

But the most bad thing is that the game had only one incentive so far, the League, and you belong to a dead wrong era. The game is not and shouldn't be about the League.

You lived on top of a broken game, so far. And you seems unaware.

There are exceptions, like most of admins there that seems to have a broader picture of the game, probably as they read all of our fuss at many levels. Such people seems to be aware of the implicit issues of having a broken game.

But I cannot discuss with them alone. I will be glad to talk about the new game flavour, the new meta, and everything that sound to me exciting. It's exciting 'cause is NEW, is a new challenge to face, is a new puzzle to solve. 

Instead I have to continually "enjoy" discussions about how you're no more able to bash everyone in Leagues.

Each changelog is followed by rantings about. You have ChitChat, How you're doing in Leagues, and I don't remember what other section devoted to high level gameplay to french kiss each other about how good is to win DK3.

So, here my feedback.

The game is better now and it will become even way more better.

You can try to prove me wrong, but not using your difficulties in Leagues as the reason.

Can you do it?

• Hug 1

@lepidocter You know that our incentive to play the game are the story and the girls, and for the latter we need the kobans of the league. I was happy in my game first year when I could neglect the PvP (then it was the arena) even if mi girl collection was then very limited. It was a very simple game, some people even called it an idle game, that didn't demand many time. Now we have a miriad of tasks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am all of the following:

1. A completely free player who has never spent actual money on the game. So I definitely don't represent the whales.
2. A player that has never won a league, at any level. I have once placed 2nd in both S2 and S3, and once got a 3rd in D2. My high D3 placing is 8th. Top 15 is a good result for me.  I state that not to discuss difficulties, but to show that I am not a D3 title contender in any way. I have had to join a club, and get better at playing this game myself.
3. Someone who has seen the game's premise morph from girl collection and some events during a month to a much heavier PVP combat game with events running near continuously.

I would vehemently argue that the game initially was not broken. It was simple, but not broken. However, we have seen development in different directions that has at times not been part of a unified plan to take things in a specific direction.

The issue is that the latest new direction is to increase depth, and with it complexity. However, there doesn't seem to be adequate testing of new features on the test server to figure out what works and what doesn't. I've participated in playtesting hundreds of prototypes, games, expansions, modules, and revisions over the last 35 years of my life, and this development method can work, but it's heavily weighted against working well, since there's often not a clear vision, nor a feel for what's going on among the players. and when things gets rushed through, it can easily become slipshod.

If this new system was tested for a month or so, and tweaks were made, and the player base on the test server was happy with it, then I'd be a lot more inclined to believe that this was going to work well. 

For any freemium online game, you cannot afford to lose either the paying customers or a significant part of your playerbase. Both are important.

• Like 8

I'm not a whale or a high level player. I consider myself an upper mid-level player. Winning league has never been my goal. I'm here for the girls and story. I need kobans from league to get the girls. That's only reason I care about league. All of the recent additions and nerfs have lessen my gaming experience. I enjoyed the game much more from a year ago. People are complaining because KK is destroying the game we love.

• Like 10