Does total power affect anything aside from stats? and other questions.

Vexen666

1) So the first question is in the headline, but I'll elaborate-

To my understanding, the total power of a team determines your ego, attack power, harmony and defense, which are all shown on top of your opponent's profile in leagues and season. Yet at the bottom of the profile you can also see the team's total power, and I noticed cases in which all my stats except for total power were above my opponent's but I still had under 50% of beating them. Am I missing something?

2) As far as I can tell with the current system all girls in your team do the same damage and defense and their order only affect what kind of bonus you get when you crit... Is there any other importance to the order in which you have them in your team? 

3) In the handbook it says your defense is a 1/4 of your stats (plus 0.12*total power), but in the market it shows that upgrading your HC/CH/KH upgrades their respective defenses. Is that just a graphic mistake left from the previous system? Same question about the class dominance scheme as the B.D.S.M update said it was removed but you can still see it anytime you put your cursor on someone's class. Just wondering if that's something I should but am not taking into account. 

I guess this is more or less aimed at me (as the author of the handbook ^^). So I'll do my best to answer your questions to the best of me extent!

4 hours ago, Vexen666 said:

To my understanding, the total power of a team determines your ego, attack power, harmony and defense

Not harmony, your performance team has nothing to do with harmony (well unless you use Voyeur/purple element girls in your performance team, duh).
Harmony only comes from equipment and market stats upgrades (besides from your main stat, that gives ego and damage instead), and can be increased by other sources (elements, boosters, club bonus).

I noticed cases in which all my stats except for total power were above my opponent's but I still had under 50% of beating them. Am I missing something?

Well, unless I'm misunderstanding you here then the performance team is the biggest deciding factor after the awakening patch in one's overall performance power.
So, if your opponents total power is higher than yours, I'm not surprised that you have a big risk of losing. Please elaborate if I misunderstand you.

As far as I can tell with the current system all girls in your team do the same damage and defense and their order only affect what kind of bonus you get when you crit... Is there any other importance to the order in which you have them in your team?

Yes and no. Not your nor your opponent's stats changes once it's time for the next girl in line to attack/defend.
However, their order changes nothing in a crit. Before B.D.S.M. KH, CH and HC girls had different crit effects but not anymore, it's all the same now.
So the short answer is no, their order changes nothing.

In the handbook it says your defense is a 1/4 of your stats

Quick note, just your secondary stats, not your main stat.

in the market it shows that upgrading your HC/CH/KH upgrades their respective defenses.

Yeah that's how it was before B.D.S.M. You had different defense stats against different classes (KH, HC, CH), but they lumped it all together after introducing B.D.S.M.

And yes the old Dominance scheme (image.png) also doesn't exist anymore, so:

Is that just a graphic mistake left from the previous system?

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks! That was super helpful!

6 minutes ago, Slynia said:

Well, unless I'm misunderstanding you here then the performance team is the biggest deciding factor after the awakening patch in one's overall performance power.
So, if your opponents total power is higher than yours, I'm not surprised that you have a big risk of losing. Please elaborate if I misunderstand you.

So I can't find an example to screenshot RN, but what happened was I had a few opponents where my ego, defense, attack and harmony were higher (which I assumed would make my chances of winning higher than his) but the script showed I had under 50% chance of beating them. The only "stat" they had higher than mine was their total power. So I was wondering if it had any effect on the result of the battle besides ego, ,attack power and defense. 

il y a 3 minutes, Vexen666 a dit :

So I can't find an example to screenshot RN, but what happened was I had a few opponents where my ego, defense, attack and harmony were higher (which I assumed would make my chances of winning higher than his) but the script showed I had under 50% chance of beating them. The only "stat" they had higher than mine was their total power. So I was wondering if it had any effect on the result of the battle besides ego, ,attack power and defense. 

Maybe hidden stats, i.e. element bonuses? Some elements are more powerful than others, so having more of them may tilt the scale. Passive elemental bonuses are also a factor, and they're not part of the stats/total power.

3 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Maybe hidden stats, i.e. element bonuses? Some elements are more powerful than others, so having more of them may tilt the scale. Passive elemental bonuses are also a factor, and they're not part of the stats/total power.

Are you talking about counter bonuses? Cause I'm pretty sure elemental bonuses you get from girls are calculated into your shown stats, aren't they? Mine are, are but maybe the opponent's aren't...

What Liliat said, and also it might have to do with the fact that opponents has a chance to crit during each of their turn now, before B.D.S.M. opponents was limited to a maximum of 1 crit, which made performances way easier to calculate and predict. And let's not forget that crit damage has been introduced since B.D.S.M. that alone can make it so opponents of "similar" power can win with just a single crit.

Just now, Vexen666 said:

Are you talking about counter bonuses?

I believe he meant Passive bonuses from having a big harem  ^^

il y a 2 minutes, Vexen666 a dit :

Are you talking about counter bonuses? Cause I'm pretty sure elemental bonuses you get from girls are calculated into your shown stats, aren't they? Mine are, are but maybe the opponent's aren't...

No, I'm talking about general bonuses related to each element (even if you have a rainbow team). For example, Dark/Dominatrix gives a %Damage bonus, and Blue/Sensual gives healing power. These bonuses will be taken into account by the script to compute your % chances of win/loss, but they won't necessarily appear on the Attack Power/Defense power/Harmony stats (Because not all of these bonuses actually modify these stats).

I believe Ego, Damage, Defense and Harmony are applied immediately, but the other 4 are hidden (Crit Damage, Crit chance, Defense decrease and Heal)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liliat said:

No, I'm talking about general bonuses related to each element (even if you have a rainbow team). For example, Dark/Dominatrix gives a %Damage bonus, and Blue/Sensual gives healing power. These bonuses will be taken into account by the script to compute your % chances of win/loss, but they won't necessarily appear on the Attack Power/Defense power/Harmony stats (Because not all of these bonuses actually modify these stats).

I believe Ego, Damage, Defense and Harmony are applied immediately, but the other 4 are hidden (Crit Damage, Crit chance, Defense decrease and Heal)

Hmmm! that's a great point I didn't even think about. Thanks!~