I really enjoy playing HH, specially the story and the world building. Haremverse seems to be a great place to live. And HH is one of the few sex games where the MC is not the only one to have the girls. We love that sex is free and spread around the world, and everyone can have his/her own harem, men or women. Totally inclusive and fair.

But there are a few things about the HV that bugs me and my wife. As a woman, she cares a lot about health, specially about intimate health. So she wonders if the HV dwellers face any risk of getting any sexual related disease.

And following on this question, how pregnancy happens in HV? Can the girls choose if and when to get pregnant? And as a father, it concerns me what happens to children in HV. They should live with their parents, but they also should not be exposed to sex until a certain age (let's assume that in the HV it doesn't have to be 18, but still must be at an age when they are mature enough to have a healthy sexual life).

There's one scene about Bunny's childhood, and that made us think: what happens to the children who are born in the HV? Are they raised somewhere else and enter HV only when they reach the appropriate age? But then they are raised away from their parents?

I think it'll be interesting to address these subjects, so we could have a more complete image of the Haremverse, a dimension so great that we wish we could live in one.

Best for you all, and please keep telling a great story.

André

• Like 5

I doesn't own official replies, but I can give you my two cents.

A] There are hospitals and doctors, and some missions tell about "sexual issues".

One can suppose as, being this another world, many of the viruses that belong to *our* Earth are missing in the Haremverse. There's also magic, high tech and direct influence of divine powers. I suppose that part of angels work and 'holy protectors' quoted in Ninja Homeland, is to preserve people from infection spreading.

So you can have sexual issues, but on a contingent, personal scale, nothing that could compare to our AIDS.

B] On the pregnancy subject, see above. It's very likely that the "divine intervention" acting on the HV make sex infertile, as long both of partners doesn't do it by the proper intent of procreation. There's *someone* that's watching everything and can read people hearts and intents, and decide what happen and not.

You can say it's an holistic universe, where intent matter the same as the act.

C] It's very rare in our society, but in primitive ones kids are exposed to sex regularly without a fuss. They just learn that's a life fact, and de-sacralize sex. Paired to this come a strict set of sexual rituals, anyway: kids are instructed to when sex is legit and in what contexts.

Our society instead use a sacralization method: sex is a morality argument, and that's mean you had to practice with society moral approval. That also mean to keep sex a mistery until you can attach a moral to it. And once you have a moral, you have the aptitude compass to make things right.

Both try for the same goal: birthrates control. It work the same, so both methods are legit. Read Orwell 1984 to check how 'modern like' society use sex morality to control people (for good or bad that depend).

You can read "Stranger on a strange land" from Heinlein, that became part of the Hippy manifesto. It depict a martian culture that dropped sexual control, and all consequences attached (like kids belonging to the community instead of the generating couple). I bet the HV will look very similar.

TO NOTE: two books were quoted in this post. I think is Forum first time.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 6

Actually, Lepidocter, you mirrored my thoughts here. Being a swinger, I totally agree that our sexual rules are our rules, and they don't exactly have to be followed everywhere. But of course we live in a society where sex is still sort of a taboo, although this is changing lately.

Though I partially agree with society's POV (not only about birth control, but sex without rules can doom many people), I also think that this control must be softened, so people can enjoy sex without traumas and all the fuss. And HV shows it perfectly: people there live their sexual desires quite peacefully and focus on pleasure. Their lives are fulfilled with work and study and music and entertainment and everything, and they also enjoy sex in all its plenitude, and that doesn't spell their ruin. Also it's great that conflicts are solved through sex instead of violence. 

HV is paradise, in my opinion. he he

Also, I agree with your vision: the creators of HV might have thought of that, diseases, pregnancy, and all the "bad" part of sex, and designed a world free of these issues. Maybe that's what the angels do, I had the same idea. I vision of HV is that Shokushu dimension is a bit like our universe, and intends to corrupt HV so sex will become something "evil", like what happens here (everybody loves it, but also condemns those who enjoy and embrace it).

My personal note: 1984 is one of my favorite books of all times (I love this one and Animal Farm), and I love the way Orwell depicts the control of society not only through morality but also with education and even ambitions. 

I haven't read "Stranger on a Stranger Land", but thanks for the tip.

André (aka vulcano)

• Like 3

I don't think they'll ever mention how kids are raised in the HV, because that could bring problems to them. But for what is worth, human societies from before sedentarism didn't hide sex from kids. There were still taboos about age and sex, it was something you couldn't do until you were what was an equivalent to an "adult" for them.

They could explain the rest of topics though. A sidequest would be perfect for this, just like the one were the MC asks about wereanimals. Much better than the too similar ones we get later for sure.

Since you like those two books, you need to also read some others if you haven't: Brave New World, Farenheit 451 and Enemies of the System. And then all books from Ursula K. Le Guin, because she's great and people deserve to read about these topics without getting a 2 week depression as a result 😂.

• Like 2

Kenrae, I totally agree that the side quests are not that great lately. Although I liked the last one, not focused only on the MC.

And thanks for the recommendation of books. BNW and F451 I've already read.

As for the kids, I totally understand that in these times it's a taboo. But in the chapter "A Secret to Whisper", on Nike's world, there's this scene:

<snip> -FK

This scene with what looks to be a child Bunny is what sparked our curiosity about the HV. So they're already made a mention about it. I don't think they should go deep into the subject, but a brief mention so we know what happens to kids there. Since it's a fictional universe, it could even be that the age for sex happens after first menstruation, for example, like around 13 or 14, or that there's a "pocket dimension" where kids can live with their parents without exposure to sex.

It's fiction, so everything is possible. Within certain limits, of course.

• 3 weeks later...