Need a way to replace Guild Leader

namertsym

4 minutes ago, namertsym said:

Our current leader has been inactive for over/around 177 days   Have seen in other games where after 30 days of inactivity can be replaced by someone else in guild by them paying in game currency (in this case would suggest 300)

That's not a suggestion or feedback, it's a request. Moved the thread to QA.

There's no plan for anything automatic in these situations. However, the co-leader status has been implemented recently and should prevent healthy clubs from rotting away after just one member (the leader) goes MIA.

For a case like yours, there is also a manual procedure in place. It's definitely posted in a sticky or FAQ somewhere in this very section, but I can't find it right now. Anyways, the long and short of it is:

1. Start a discussion in your club chat about who you ALL agree should replace your inactive leader.

2. Once you have an agreement, take a screenshot of the relevant parts of that discussion from club chat, and send a formal request via the in-game support ticket with the Club's Name and ID, the inactive leader's Name and ID, and the Name and ID of the club member who should replace them.

3. Support should grant your request and make the necessary change, as long as the club has enough active members and there is a clear consensus among them for the leader's replacement.
  • Like 1

first off Thank You for your very fast response   and second by your own words it is a suggestion since there is nothing in place at the current time to correct this problem   and i am guessing that the co-leader position was created after our leader went inactive   did a quick count and saw that there is at least 13 players out of 31 who have been inactive for more than 40 days   With yor suggestion have started talking about getting a new leader and will try to resolve it that way

• Like 1

13 hours ago, namertsym said:

by your own words it is a suggestion since there is nothing in place at the current time to correct this problem

I don't do semantics arguments. Sure, a part of your post suggests it would be nice to implement something automatic, but that's been suggested many times in the past and it's not going to happen. Your main goal here is still to solve your Club's inactive leader problem, right? Kinkoid has chosen other options to handle this than what you suggested, and I've given you the relevant info for that.

Sure, the co-leader patch is fairly recent so your leader was most likely already inactive when it came out, and in any case it wouldn't have helped unless they had noticed it and given co-leader status to at least one club member before going inactive. But it's something good to know to avoid such situations in the future, that's why I mentioned it. Once you elect a new leader for your club with support's help, the first thing they should do is give co-leader status to at least one other member so that your club is more resilient to one person quitting the game cold turkey from then on.

PS: Kinkoid don't work on weekends so you can take your time to discuss this with your clubmates and send the ticket on Monday. If you sent it today they wouldn't get to read it before Monday anyways.

Hope this helps. Good luck have fun, out there!