Gems

Shorty-er

Hi,

I thought I'd have a look at HH after not playing for some time. Lots of new things to work out, but what's with this gems?

I need to sort of "unlock" ranges of levels on girls before I can level them up, is that correct? A level 300 girls needs to be unlocked with gems so I can level to 350, and then again, again, again every 50 levels? Is that all or am I missing something?

It starts with lvl250. You need a specific amount of girls that had reached at least a "awakening step" to go further (20 at lvl250 for the first girl can be awaken, some more - 30 I guess - at lvl300 and so on up to 100 at lvl700 for the last step).

Bild

The Grafik is a little bit outdated, but the needed amount of girls and the needed amount of Gems is correct.

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 4

Wow.

Thanks for the reply, and the chart. But wow.

So there is now an extra hurdle where there was not before, an extra "currency" to earn and manage (or ofc simply buy), and it adds nothing new or positive for the player?

At least I know why most people in my club seem to have stopped playing.

Cheers!

• Like 1

il y a 8 minutes, Shorty-er a dit :

and it adds nothing new or positive for the player?

It allows lower-level players to catch up more quickly, because their girl level is no longer bound to their player level. Same thing with the equipment since the introduction of Mythic Gear. This is especially true for low-level whales, as they can now compete after just a few months, as opposed to years before the introduction of awakening and mythic gear.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Liliat said:

... because their girl level is no longer bound to their player level.

Ah! I had not realized that. Interesting development, and that explains why I'm nowhere near competitive with players around and below my level. And yes, that will help, a bit, for players to catch up if they're willing to pay.

However, the gems system does not help in that. In fact, it makes it harder to catch up. Everything a new player can do, an established player can do to. And better. And the new player will still have to work himself through the leveling requirements (in gems and number of girls at appropriate levels) where the established player did not have to do that. Then there's the fact that the level of all the girls in the harem combined adds to Endurance and it is now harder to get a lot of girls up to higher levels. Look at the top players, who had over a 1000 girls leveled to 500 (I guess?) when this was introduced. It will take a new player years and years to get to that position and with gems it will take them longer, not less.

Those 2 combined (girl level not bound to player level and gems to level girls) just boost the level of pay-to-win to new highs.

At least the league doesn't award gems, but as long as it still award such large amount of kobans, it kinda does. Which means the low level whale is still paying through the nose for something older players get for free in a game where they still can not catch up.

il y a 5 minutes, Shorty-er a dit :

However, the gems system does not help in that. In fact, it makes it harder to catch up. Everything a new player can do, an established player can do to

Yes and no. Veteran players did already reach the max, and they still do. New players bridge the gap faster now (~ 1 year to reach lvl 750 for a very active free player? It takes at least twice as much to reach player lvl 500). So it takes more resources, but I feel like it's easier (faster) to catch up now. 2 years ago, lvl 500 players were unbeatable, because it meant they also had lvl 500 girls and lvl 500 equipment. Now, player level, girls level and equipment level are 3 different variables, and you can max out 2 of them faster (Equipment and girls). So I think it's a win.

Harem level, we will never catch up for sure, but I don't think this is an issue, because it's a very minor buff compared to everything else, and it was already impossible beforehand, without spending thousands of $$$ in the game. The buff is small compared to Player level / Girls level / Equipment, and it grows with a square-root formula. So a player will have a maximum of +25000 Ego compared to a typical free-to-play veteran (Assuming 1400 girls at lvl 750), and it would cost them tens of thousands of $$$. It's not "nothing", but it's really small compared to the resources you need to invest to get there. At this point, there are many many many many more things you can buy that will give you a more significant edge (Like perma-boosters and being able to level up every single blessed girl every week).

• Like 1