Gold used on LD with/without Mythic booster

OmerB

I made a bit of a calculation comparing the gold used to get a girl on LD with Mythic booster and without a booster (how many fists / gold is needed in each scenario):
Looking at 33 shards:

without booster - 16.5 drops on average for 33 shards
165 fights = 1782 kobans

with booster - 11 drops are needed
110 fights = 1,188 + 540 = 1728 gold

The Mythic booster saves 54 gold for each 33 shards on LD,
so it saves ~163 gold for a girl on LD (using 3 boosters).

• Like 1

Linking my own post + ff for other calculations with the same result: 

For users who are not in endgame, there are other mentioned aspects to consider, but next time I will definitely use SP boosters as well, as long as I have all girls of the villain's Tier 1.

• Like 1

I know I'm in the minority with this, but I'll add my two cents again anyway:

The few kobans you save on refills during LD are barely noticeable; however you also lose some opportunity by using less combativity. Shards is not the only thing you can get during LD; you also get e.g. gifts and gems, and of course a chance at a x100 drop.

So if the total cost is similar, you actually get more resources by using more fights. You also make faster progress on the villain toward the next tier (And if you haven't finished all girls, you can even work on the villains girls during the event, without wasting SP charges).

While I'm not sure the extra resources are worth it in terms of Kobans (It probably depends on the villain/tier), they are still relevant IMO, and for this reason, it's not such a no-brainer after all.

Il y a 6 heures, OmerB a dit :

The Mythic booster saves 54 gold for each 33 shards on LD,
so it saves ~163 gold for a girl on LD (using 3 boosters).

This is the "perfectly average version"; but "perfectly average" never happens. In practice, you will waste charges on your SP: you will never finish your 3rd SP on the 100th shard of the girl. So the real benefit is a bit lower than that.

Either you will finish your 3rd booster with less than 100 shards (Say 90/100) because of bad luck, and you'll have to pay the full price for the remaining 10 shards, or you will not finish your 3rd booster (Say 3-4 charges remaining after you get the girl), and then the average cost-per-charge goes up.

When taking all this into account, the real average saved Kobans is a bit lower.

Edited by Liliat

1 hour ago, Liliat said:

This is the "perfectly average version"; but "perfectly average" never happens. In practice, you will waste charges on your SP: you will never finish your 3rd SP on the 100th shard of the girl.

But it is the average, so as the 3rd SP ends on shard 99 in average, in 50% of cases it will, in 50% of cases not. Just buy and use 2 SPs, and decide based on the remaining shards whether to use a 3rd one. As 2*11*4=88, there cannot be SP charges left from 2, an it is safe to use a 3rd one if still 44 or more shards missing.

However I agree and mentioned your other point in the linked topic, also not sure how to rate it. I did farm the Tier 2 girl in parallel, of course without SP, and enjoyed contest and SE progress besides the other drops. However, as I faced the extremely bad drop rate over 125 fists and since I got the Tier 2 girl have a much better rate, I'm not 100% sure anymore that it really does not affect the LD drop rate. Will do some statiatics next time, if my villain progress fits.

The question is whether you want to focus on the LD girl(s) and get it with least bad luck influence and least average koban invest, or whether the overall game progress is sufficiently important to you to risk some nerves + your personal game state fits that you can make use of the additional villain drops or even only flights for challenges/other events.

Edited by Horsting