Achievements, Secrets & Gamer ranting.

Hitgirl

I would want to speak more in general but this is a gacha game, that's more gacha then game. As a gamer & as a f2p gamer, {in this game} this game Is good in that it has it's own style & gameplay but is also odd in that it lacks game sense. For instance the amount of functions that become free with a subscription. Let's focus on one in particular. The collect money button on the home screen. Everyone can see how it works as paid content. Acquiring it, having it & losing it but simply put it's better free in every conceivable way. It could be a satisfying button every players clicks often. It could be the very thing that creates a bond with the game or addict's players to keep playing. Much like adding girls to their harem or achievements that are not based on lvl. Someone obviously thinks it works better as paid content. Sweet. 

Add achievements & secret's. There just fun & engaging. Like clicking on a certain girl who appears in the background of the story missions in each city get's you a reward or is an achievement. It doesn't matter what the reward is, 10 gold, 1k, 1 star girl, doesn't matter, it's fun & engaging. A matchmaking or memory game is almost too perfect for a game like this. You can add it anywhere and it would be great. An event, a daily, I personally think it'd work best if players could play it continuously. This games playtime is not great. I'm tired so I'm done. Ohh & more gimmick girls like Lola rabbet or even the venom chick, a sexy knockoff Marge Simpson, whatever you can get away with lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hitgirl said:

It could be a satisfying button every players clicks often. It could be the very thing that creates a bond with the game or addict's players to keep playing. Much like adding girls to their harem or achievements that are not based on lvl. Someone obviously thinks it works better as paid content. Sweet.

The Collect All button creating a bond between players and the game? 😄

In early game indeed it is relevant, but it becomes less important in midgame and mostly irrelevant in endgame. One gets MUCH more Ymen from various other sources. This button being a paid feature (either via monthly card or indirectly by wasting kobans on it) is IMO perfect: It is a little convenience thing, so one does not need to click through all girls in harem, practically gaining a little more Ymen in game stages where those are still a major bottleneck. But it does not grant those with a monthly card or wasting kobans on it a real benefit in any PvE or PoP content. A much better/fairer way to attract players spending regularly money via monthly card (and the cheapest one to be fair), than adding new features which give your battle teams a real benefit (like GG and girls' skills) which you can directly or indirectly buy with real money.

But I like the secrets/easter egg idea, especially when it is somehow combined with interactively engaging players more with the story, like getting some background information, tiny side story, or so.

• Like 1

Sorry to rant again. I understood & knew all of that, very well. I've been playing on & off since 2020. I wasn't speaking personally. Although I do think of it as a normal in game function, locked behind a paywall, out of greed. That aside I don't mind it too much. The money system is what I don't like because theirs now way to collect it efficiently, even with a free collect all button. It hurts my gamer brain.  I can't help but compare this game to a mobile game. Mobile game devs a way worse or more perfect. They want players deeply invested into collecting their free resources & materials, just as much as they are collecting heroes or doing battle. Everyone can't be p2w. The majority of any games player base is f2p or low spending accounts. The more players the better. Every player is a potential customer. That's why new player's are spoiled rotten in most games. I just wanted the money system & collect all button to be & feel a little better, for the game itself (meaning profitable) and of course the player base of no life gamers.

Now, wish me luck. I'm trying to get the new mythic hero. 6 shards so far lol

11 hours ago, Hitgirl said:

a normal in game function, locked behind a paywall, out of greed

To me it looks like one of the first game functions behind a pretty low paywall. So taking this as example to imply greediness looks wrong/unfair to me. It is perfectly right that KK wants to earn money. This is their job, this is what/why they develop and maintain a game. Much better examples for greediness are the recently added new features, shop update etc, which all came with options to benefit faster from them and gain a real benefit among others in the game by spending real money. The "Collect All" button does not give you any real benefit over others (in PvP is what I mean), but is for convenience, so I do not know any better (from players view) feature to put behind a paywall.

11 hours ago, Hitgirl said:

The money system is what I don't like because theirs now way to collect it efficiently, even with a free collect all button. It hurts my gamer brain.

I also do not think the money system is perfect, but not because of the "Collect All" button. I do not like the fact that only the 3 girls give relevant money, while all others can be ignored, while their income is still prominently shown on their descriptions/cards/tooltips. I understand that this is needed at least until somewhere midgame, as otherwise for F2P players it is indeed very impracticable to click through dozens of girls in the harem all the time, which also always takes seconds to open. However, with only the first 3 girls being relevant, the "Collect All" button has not such much benefit anymore, but you just collect those 3 girls (and some more depending on the time you have) every 6 hours and good. From midgame on, when most of the champions are unlocked, those become the major Ymen income and the "Collect All" button looses more of its benefit (while additional girls you get wight it up a a little), and in endgame its switches to selling items from GP which further degrades girls' income.

About this button having the potential to be the "bond between players and game", I was more wondering how such a boring timer button to collect some resources shell ever be such a bond. People are different, but such game element is just the little nasty necessity to me, while the art, the story, the by times interesting mechanics of PvP/PvE/events to master are what binds me to the game. If it was me, this button could be removed all together and I would not miss it at all and no one would have a real practical loss in the game, regardless whether it is for free or paid. Things would be different if girls' income would play a larger role in later game stages, of course, but again, it would be the annoying necessity to regularly click this button, not anything I could enjoy or which would "bind" me to the game.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

I see your point & it makes a lot of sense. I was only thinking from a new player's perspective & how the game could be less frustrating & more enjoyable. More enjoyment, means more players, means more potential customers. More engagement with all types of player's is what I'm alluding too when speaking about this game. Some like battle & some just like collecting all the heroes. Every game has whales, mid spenders, low spenders & f2p. Adding things like better communication or new game modes. makes everyone happy. Adding a new op hero or new gear, makes the whales & mid spenders happy but that's a good thing. Managing & incorporating all of these player's & content is my point. I only know gamers of all kinds & what they might prefer. I know nothing of the gaming industry or how it works. 

• Like 2