Fixing/Stopping people "cheating" the contest system

HornyCat

KK really needs to find and fix, how Players are allowed to do certain things in their Contest, specifically the one involving the Orbs.

I just "lost" 1st, and by over 120,000 "points", which translates into more than 40 orbs, by a Player who wasn't even in the top 25, less than 2 mins before the Contest ended. I mean, it takes time to click on each Orb, and then click on the OK button, and for a Player to just "rocket" up to well over 1.3 Million "points, when they were NOT even in the top 25, in well under 2 mins, means that they obviously have some way to "hack" into KK's system, to "game" it and allow them to what to me, seems like pure "cheating".

I used up almost all of my Orbs, and it took me almost 20 mins to use over 100 of them, and yet another Player was able to "supposedly" use more than 40 total Orbs than I did, and to do it in well under 2 mins. That looks mighty "fishy" to me.

Just my 2 cents here, in the "Feedback".    LOL

Edited by HornyCat
  • Hug 1

It seems your PC is slow, because I can do the two clicks needed for using an orb in one or two seconds.

Also sometimes the server is slow and you have to wait a few seconds after every action, but it is a rare occurrence.

Edited by jelom
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 1:31 PM, HornyCat said:

KK really need to find and fix [...] to [...] their Contest [system].

Sort of fixed that for you. I hate contests as a format in general. Sniping last minute is a legit strategy and it makes complete sense that many players will use it as stealthily and swiftly as they can to "steal" wins, which is actually just winning by the contest format's logic. It's a design philosophy issue, not a player behavior issue. Losing in a contest, especially when you invested a lot and especially when you get passed over by the winner last minute, will always FEEL like being cheated, and I can definitely relate to that. There's no actual cheating involved, though.

Actually, you only need one finger on the left mouse button and one on Escape, plus the mentioned good PC and internet connection.

I'd say that way it should be possible to do 100 orbs in a minute or less, without even moving the mouse.

I totally agree with Div, the way those Contest work sucks, though I do it all the time myself, because I can be online at the time of reset, but I don't like it a bit.

• Like 2