Duplicate player bug?

Nonya

I've searched the forums, but couldn't find the relevant info.  I've got a player showing up twice in a league. 

A few questions from a competitive standpoint:  Is this a visual glitch?  If not, do others have the exact same player showing up?  What does the encircled player encounter in this scenario?  In an extremely tight league this will be a significant variable.

Thanks in advance if this is a known issue.

Screenshot (2562).png

• Thanks 1

The last time this Bug was spotted it was so, that the League bracket was only 99 players so one - the leading player, got a visual clone at the end of the League. If you have done your 3 fights against him, also the "clone" is done. The clone doesn't act so it shouldn't change anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nonya said:

I've searched the forums, but couldn't find the relevant info.

I couldn't find it with a quick search either, but we've definitely already discussed (and reported) this bug a few months back when it first showed up. We might not have had a dedicated thread in Bug Reporting about it, though, I can't remember for sure. I'll leave this one open since the bug is still ongoing and we don't have an older one (if someone finds one, please give me the link, I'll merge the two).

There's a similar thing in Seasons too, sometimes you only get two opponents instead of three, with one duplicated.

The one in League is visual only and shouldn't impact anyone negatively. The particular case you've shown in your screenshot is the most typical form: the player ranked #1 is the one getting cloned to make a fake #100 appear, but you can still only fight that player once regardless.

• Like 1

That was me who started the discussion :$ Enough players were confirmed this bug and that it only visual and does nothing with resulting score even when significantly impacts community scripts avg prediction

Edited by HentaiGuru
  • Thanks 1