[April 19th, 2024] LC - Sunless

• bolitho76 pinned and featured this topic

I guess since the event changed this month it'd be good to document the new contests, so Day 1 of new LC is:

image.png.efbaa75543bba05911f4f6c5959d3c9d.png

It might be tough getting the girl on the first day with this, but we'll see

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Juicy peach 1

It's already documented in the patch notes : https://blog.kinkoid.com/patchnotes/patch-notes-hentai-heroes/

Improvements

• From April Legendary Contest will have a new schedule
    • Day 1 : Champions, Energy and Trolls
    • Day 2 : Harem and Market
    • Day 3 : Pachinko and Ymen
    • Day 4 : Experience, Season and secondary Contest
  • Sultry Mysteries won’t include recruits from permanent features anymore, only from events 

They just reversed the order of contests from before.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Surprised :O 1

this order does feel odd, having the xp one as your last resort now is more on the luck side. where before this last one that we are doing today is more a fight for your last chance. so before each day you events you had more and and more control over and now that flips. so II'll see how it does by the end

3 hours ago, mdnoria said:

They just reversed the order of contests from before.

Also they said the order is revered, however that is not totally correct. Today's event is the old day 3 not day 4. day 4 was the Harem building one

Edited by Yamiray
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

Why did they "think" they needed to swap the order of the contest? Who honestly said "yeah, we need to re-work LC"

The only thing LC really needed was expanding to 30 spots instead of 25, imo

Edited by LukeWarmbath
  • Like 4

I guess I was confused because I thought the contests will be somehow different, not just swapped places.

Btw, I only now realized that this is Shadowheart's parody (Baldur's Gate 3), which is pretty cool

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LukeWarmbath said:

Why did they "think" they needed to swap the order of the contest? Who honestly said "yeah, we need to re-work LC"

They will probably get more real money with this change, hence the change...

I'm really hating this 'Bang the Champions' contest 😭

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

Crud this is what I get for not reading the patch notes... well considering how hard I messed up. Just going to leave this champion alone, dang it... really like Shadowheart from Baldur's Gate 3. Oh well, another time. Still annoyed they changed up the contests.

• Haha 1
  • Hug 1

37 minutes ago, OmerB said:

They will probably get more real money with this change, hence the change...

They Always Come Back is an interesting contest in that different kinds of players will actually have very different bottlenecks. The 900 points per champion fight is way more generous than 200 points per villain fight or 50 points per energy spent, so it's really the only one that matters for scoring purposes. For free players, champion fights are limited by kobons. You can only take 7 free fights every 15 minutes at most, and few people can check in every 15 minutes over the course of several hours so in practice unless you are supernaturally active you will need to spend kobons to be competitive in this contest. Tickets are really not a limitation for free players, however, as they are handed out generously and the kobon cost to use them is the main limitation.

On the other hand, gold cardholders get free x10 champion fights and free champion resets, which means the only limitation they face are tickets. They can throw huge numbers of tickets at every contest. Thanks to CBC it's entirely possible for someone to spend hundreds of tickets per week contesting contests, and you will very quickly exhaust your ticket stockpile if you do this. This results in completely different dynamics for these cardholders than for non-cardholders. And I think this is where the real moneymaker Kinkoid is probably eyeing up. Buying tickets is expensive and if they can get whales to shell out for a few hundred extra tickets to guarantee they get the girl on day 1 they can probably get them to spend a lot. 

For active players who plan ahead and make sure to keep resources lined up and aren't obsessive about getting the girl on day 1, however, I don't think this is a huge change. LC girls have always been essentially free for the taking and guaranteeing top 10 on 2/4 days of the contest is pretty trivial. It's very rare that I've actually had a LC go down to the last day, and I've never been at risk of not getting the girl. With that said, having the last day be a wildcard where you don't know what other event will be paired with it is a bit troubling, and I can see it being a bit more prone to upsets if you're on the edge.

• Like 2
  • Hearts 1

Having a gamble on the last day will also have a good potential for sales. It's not a big surprise that a change in this game has the "follow the money" concept, but I prepare myself for that, get XP event ever since this stupid LC event came out, and most of the time it ended the event for me. I can almost be sure about that, but that's the catch, almost, so now I have to show some effort for an event I hate, and guess what, I hate that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hug 2

11 minutes ago, DuDeLoK said:

is it that hard to get top25 4 days in row?

the trick is to make sure your around when event is ending if your close to rank 25, other then that not to hard if you preped for it.

• Like 2

How strange that many were so puzzled by this harmless shuffling of competitions in one competition. I read all the comments and realized that this is a “conspiracy theory” against the players (sarcasm). In fact, it amuses me more than it bothers me. but I think KK succeeded in stirring up the “sleeping swamp.” I play strictly F2P, so nothing can scare me))))

4 hours ago, DuDeLoK said:

i never really checked, but is it that hard to get top25 4 days in row?

LC has gotten increasingly sweaty over the past year. Not sure if your group is based off your rank (Im guessing it is) but even with saved resources I find myself usually in the lower half the LC each time. Also doesn't help that due to my time zone I need to wake up at 4am to check if Im still in the top 25 and that's just not something I care to do

• Like 2
  • Surprised :O 1

The only change LC needs is to restore unique affection scenes to the LC girls. LC girls continue to have repeated scenes. They have the most copy and paste poses on the scenes. Some are just zoomed in from other scene which Rosso agreed last year that the reuse shouldn't be that obvious.

• Like 2

Il y a 16 heures, Attirm a dit :

On the other hand, gold cardholders get free x10 champion fights and free champion resets

Platinum cardholders actually, gold card "only" brings free x10 and x50 buttons against villains. 😉

Edited by Tom208
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Moving the champions contes to the first day is okay (although bothersome for the players), but I think that they should have maintened the old order for the other 3 days.

I would make it like this, if they want to have the champions on the first day:

1. Champions
2. XP
3. Pachinko
4. Level up girls

At least, put the Pachinko before the 'give XP to girls' day.

• Like 2

As expected, first day is mostly stomped by  platinum/diamond card holders (or people spending a ton of kobans on x10/refresh on champions) :

image.png.2982ab4ac09058670d5d63dd026d3767.png

The top 3 gained points by 50k+ steps at the end.

Edited by mdnoria
  • GG 2