Battle not working out for me

Allie

So, before the last patch to the Battle arena, I was able to beat one, maybe two of the opponents, and then just wait for it to reset.

I could work my way through the daily quest in Battle without any real problems , all it took was a little perseverance (win 16 times? done).

Post-patch, things have gotten mean.

It takes one, usually two resets (an hour), before I get an opponent I can beat. Currently all three of my opponents out-level me significantly; or their stats, especially ego, exceed mine by a ludicrous amount.

Right now (and for the last few days) I can't complete the daily quest in Battle because I can't defeat enough opponents. It always rolls over to the next day, and I have to slog through it before the daily quest resets. (Basically, I can't sit in front of the PC and click 'Battle' every 30 mins and hope, I've got bills to pay.)

Anybody else experiencing this?  'cause right now I'm ditching the Battle thing (and the associated 'Tower of Fame'), because they've lost any real relevance to me.

The only Allie that comes up on ToF is a level 10 that has never fought in the arena, and I don't think that's you so I can't take a look to provide more helpful advice.

Nothing really changed in terms of battle with the last patch, except people started upgrading their stats and equipment more. Sounds like you haven't kept up, which is likely why you are having so much trouble now. Even with my terrible luck with crits 10-15 resets is usually enough to get the needed wins, also I battle everyone even if I'm certain I'll lose. Very occasionally it'll go my way and I'll get a surprise win which helps. I don't concern myself with Mojo because I can't really afford to and it doesn't do anything yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G0ku said:

Since the last mojo restart, I've also noticed stronger opponents more often than before, but I think it's like Asherandai said, just people are now more prepared

Could very well be true, but the thing is, most of my equipment is mono-spec'ed with respect to my specialty, in this case they're all 'expert', except for one super sexy item which is also one of the lowest level item I've equipped (172 as opposed to me character level of 200). So unless all of my opponents have splurged on legendary items, I don't think I'm that far behind on the power curve.

Today, for instance, I have opponents who are between 3 or 5 levels below mine but exceed my stats in all areas, in some case twice over and exceed my ego by 3,000 to 10,000.

So far I haven't reached the xp bonus in the Battle daily quest, but that's admittedly because I can't be bothered anymore. However, on the previous two resets this morning all three of my opponents exceeded my ego by up to 10,000, prompting the first post.

At this rate I'll reach  the item reward some time this afternoon, and unless I ship my family off to Afghanistan, I won't be completing the daily quest until tomorrow, meaning it resets the day after.

So, yeah, can't be bothered. Not a train smash, I'm in it to collect girls after-all, but still a bit miffed. ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Allie said:

Could very well be true, but the thing is, most of my equipment is mono-spec'ed with respect to my specialty, in this case they're all 'expert', except for one super sexy item which is also one of the lowest level item I've equipped (172 as opposed to me character level of 200). So unless all of my opponents have splurged on legendary items, I don't think I'm that far behind on the power curve.

Today, for instance, I have opponents who are between 3 or 5 levels below mine but exceed my stats in all areas, in some case twice over and exceed my ego by 3,000 to 10,000.

So far I haven't reached the xp bonus in the Battle daily quest, but that's admittedly because I can't be bothered anymore. However, on the previous two resets this morning all three of my opponents exceeded my ego by up to 10,000, prompting the first post.

At this rate I'll reach  the item reward some time this afternoon, and unless I ship my family off to Afghanistan, I won't be completing the daily quest until tomorrow, meaning it resets the day after.

So, yeah, can't be bothered. Not a train smash, I'm in it to collect girls after-all, but still a bit miffed. ;)

I don't think it must be all having leg items, though it is definitely possible, but it could also be the fact that some of them maybe maxed their stats in the market. At level 200 this would be several 1000 points.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GameRaven said:

I don't think it must be all having leg items, though it is definitely possible, but it could also be the fact that some of them maybe maxed their stats in the market. At level 200 this would be several 1000 points.

Yep, very true. I've had a look at the "Stat Upgrades" ranking thing in the 'Tower of Fame', and despite my equipment it definitely looks like I'm behind the power curve for players of my level.

The top guys have an ego of over 100,000 :o Stat boost of over 14,000 etc.

So I think I need to tool around by maxing out my stats at the character level.

Oh well, I think I'll give the Battle thing a miss. It's not the focus of my game or anything, so I don't think I'll be missing out on anything.  :P

Cheers.

Don't go for the multi stat legendary items you waste points in crit and you only need defense in your weakness that gets a 20% damage boost again so having stats in charm,hardcore and know how means you're wasting stat points in the third one that you don't need defense in.

Single stat of your main stat items are better than multi stat legendary items even more since only legendary items got nerfed not epic items.

Legendary single stat legendary items are even better but hard to get.

Having more points in your main stat is better because it gives you more endurance/ego/health,more damage,a single point increases your crit rating if not maxed at 25% while it takes 2 points in the other two to increase your crit rating.

In the market place focus on increasing your main stat and the one you're weak against after you maxed both then you can put points in the third one as well.

Having points in the other two stats that are not your main stat only increase defense by 50% while putting them in your main stat increases damage by 100%.so that alone makes it better to put it in your main stat plus the 20% damage bonus what you're weak against gets means using defensive items does not work.

The Arena is probably worthwhile in terms of daily rewards, assuming your end game goal is getting all girls to max affection (it's all about the picture unlocks). Dailies often reward large amounts of money if you can get 16 wins. From experience, I can say that that's easy to get consistently. For the record, it's around 64k cash for me at level 150, plus about 4k or so per win, or an affection or XP or boost item. Even if the daily max reward isn't cash, it'll be XP or something that's just as easy to get.

In return, you're occasionally spending around 150k on a gear upgrade, assuming one turns up in the market. By the time you see one, you'll likely have the money thanks to Arena, bosses, and harem income. You'll also want to give XP to your girls every so often, and that'll come practically for free from XP items you've gotten from quest and Arena rewards.

A few days ago, I complained about how hard Arena seemed to be. It really did become easier once I did some fairly standard things:

• refocusing my gear around my main stat
  • paying to raise my main stat (not even by much; it now costs about 100 to raise it again)
  • leveling my best girls and maxing their stars

Then, you just learn which opponents you can take on, based on their ego and their school. I'm Charm, so Know-How is harder, Hardcore is easier, and Charm is about the same. I don't even sweat crit rates anymore. In fact, you could just fight all three opponents if you really don't care; losing just costs you mojo, which has no use anyway.

The result for me is that I can probably win 2/3 of the fights I see at levels 140-150 so far. I have no reason to believe it's any different at other levels. The three items above are apparently enough to put anyone above the average.

just do all 3 battles even if you dont' think you can win. You never know, you might get a lucky critical streak and win the fight. Losing the fight means nothing, Mojo doesn't do anything in the game except say your number so and so on the ranks. If your just after trying to get a little extra money, drops, or exp then you do EVERY battle, even if you lose. You only lose mojo if you lose, and that really means nothing unless your the number 1 guy on the board for bragging rights, for the rest of the players, it doesn't do anything. Doesn't matter if you win or lose, go up or down, who cares.

The goal is to win the fights and get stuff. If you don't fight, and skip battles because you don' t think you will win, you are missing out on the chance that you MIGHT win with luck. You can't win the lottery if you don't play, and in this game, you get 3 free lottery chances every half hour that you don't have to pay for. If you don't win, big deal, you didn't lose anything.

• Like 1