rng? WHAT A JOKE

Nakeiko

It's always great when events roll around I save my kobans for weeks and I always find myself spending all of them refilling my battle energy because the girls never drop. I battled ninja master HUNDREDS of times and she did not drop, over 5000 kobans in refilling, either fix this mess you call your loot system or i'm going to quit this game which I really don't want to do because i've always enjoyed thjis game up to this most recent update changing the battle system and fundamentally ruining this game for me every single time the events roll around. Please fix or I uninstall.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

What does keeping the game open have to do with the drop rate for event girls being unfair amounts of low, the patch notes said the more you battle a certain boss the more likely girls are to drop so where's the line when I do the same boss hundreds of times for hours, it seems to me this "system" to increase drop rates varying on completions is not working and I have missed countless event girls because of it.

17 hours ago, Nakeiko said:

<...> i'm going to quit this game which I really don't want to do <...>

....what? Either you do it because you want to or you don't because you don't.

From what I gather, event [boss] girls have their own drop rate, which is A) [claimed to be] 3x the usual boss girls' rate (then again, if the "normal" rate were 0.00001%, would you really feel the difference? REALLY?), and B) unaffected by the boss battle count (i.e. only the "usual" girls are).

Besides: during the last event I got the event girl from Dark Lord on Day 1, and never got the one from Spy Ninja; in a similar fashion, I always get one of boss girls on Day 1 of starting a new story area (which is further "diluted" by the story/quest/whatever items), always get the remaining two girls before finishing the same area, AND it always happens on the last day (two tops) of finishing the area (currently 3-4 days away from finishing Admittance of the Dead). By all means, do tell: should I be cursing the RNG for getting a girl on Day 1, or praising it for not getting another girl for a week afterwards?

il y a 50 minutes, Ucchan a dit :

event [boss] girls have their own drop rate, which is A) [claimed to be] 3x the usual boss girls' rate

This is a very old piece of information.

To be accurate, the event boss girl drop rate is 3 x X x Y where

• X = pre August 2017 rebalance drop rate for boss girls
  • Y = factor applied to adapt former max number of battle per day to new max

Of course, X and Y are known only by the dev team. But my point is that it's not independant from the normal girls drop rate (which in itself might vary from one boss to another).

In any case, for the original poster: the system is designed so that you cannot always claim all the event girls. You were just unlucky this time. You'll be luckier next time :)

Edited by Tristelune

27 minutes ago, jyepie said:

The mod said if u dont log out the game thinksyou are inactive. And missions and battle refills might not refill

wait just a minute, do you mean to say the devs or people in the know made a statement where if we don't log out (don't close browser or use "keep logged in" option) the game will not drop a girl? cuz i've been fighting donatien for a long time to get Kelina without luck and i use keep logged in option so that i don't have to enter password everytime i reopen the browser

could this be the answer to  the "girls not dropping" issue?!?!?!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CharlesFrancis said:

wait just a minute, do you mean to say the devs or people in the know made a statement where if we don't log out (don't close browser or use "keep logged in" option) the game will not drop a girl? cuz i've been fighting donatien for a long time to get Kelina without luck and i use keep logged in option so that i don't have to enter password everytime i reopen the browser

could this be the answer to  the "girls not dropping" issue?!?!?!

They never actually said anything about the girls dropping. The question someone made was, "how come they werent getting daily missions renewed" or something.  They said: if u are constantly logged in without ever manually logging off the game thinks you are not there. If you log off/ log on then is like the game reloading. 

I closed the game and cleaned my history and logged in again and spring rumiko dropped later that day after 4 previous days of no luck. ( cpuld be totally coincidence)

It might have nothing to do with it, but the game thinking you are inactive seems like a bad thing.

It was making peoples daily missions not renew 

Edited by jyepie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jyepie said:

They never actually said anything about the girls dropping. The question someone made was, "how come they werent getting daily missions renewed" or something.  They said: if u are constantly logged in without ever manually logging off the game thinks you are not there. If you log off is like the game reloading. 

I closed the game and cleaned my history and logged in again and spring rumiko dropped later that day after 4 other days of no luck. 

It might have nothing to do with it, but the game thinking you are inactive seems like a bad thing. It was making peoples daily missions not renew 

thanks for the info m8, will try clearing history once in a while when i have stretches of "bad luck"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tristelune said:

To be accurate, the event boss girl drop rate is 3 x X x Y where

• X = pre August 2017 rebalance drop rate for boss girls
  • Y = factor applied to adapt former max number of battle per day to new max

Of course, X and Y are known only by the dev team.

Either I'm blind or this "forum" place thingy could reeeeeally use a Private Messaging function of some sort.

Would you happen to have the source for that formula, by any chance? I'm curious because if the formula relies on variables "known only by the devs", then the existence of that formula - in that particular shape and form - could've only been announced by the devs, as well.

Edited by Ucchan

On 3/26/2018 at 5:49 PM, Tristelune said:

In any case, for the original poster: the system is designed so that you cannot always claim all the event girls. You were just unlucky this time. You'll be luckier next time :)

If you ask me, that's a pretty mediocre system. This doesn't even try to incentivize people into spending money, it's just plain dumb. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TentacleLove said:

5400 Koban's used trying to get the legendary girl from Darklord. If I had played epic pachinko instead would have got a girl and a legendary item.

only 1500 down for me so far with the same result. It seems the meaning behind adjusted drop chance is -adjusted lower, to match the legendary girl. I'll keep trying though only with the normal combativity, i don't think it's worth to sink anymore kobans in as it doesn't seems the result will change.
BTW i have a problem logging in the forums using my mobile device, when i enter the forums it's as if i am not logged in and when i try to log in it redirects me to the game screen, where i am actually logged. Tried restarting the game, but to no avail, anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Il y a 21 heures, Ucchan a dit :

Either I'm blind or this "forum" place thingy could reeeeeally use a Private Messaging function of some sort.

Would you happen to have the source for that formula, by any chance? I'm curious because if the formula relies on variables "known only by the devs", then the existence of that formula - in that particular shape and form - could've only been announced by the devs, as well.

No specific source but getting myself well informed since I started playing the game.

The various pieces of informations come from the dev team, though, on discord.

I'm not complaining because I didn't get any girls what my issue is is that the system shouldn't be set up to allow someone to do a battle quite literally hundreds of times and get nothing from it, it's blatantly unfair.

• Like 2

589 battles so far, more than 3k kobans lost i can't believe i fell for it!   Learn from my experience save your kobans for the epic pachinko or events you actually have a real chance to get a girl - don't bother with more "legendary" bulls*^ts! My bad luck is probably cause by the damn housemaid dropping prior the start of the event(i usually win 1 girl per month and Levithya has been behaving more like a regular boss girl than an event one) .I used to be sad and angry about it, but looking back at me now it's hilarious, how hyped/stupid i was. 
Though i gotta say that experience will be a  birthday present i'll always remember!And i've got a valuable life lesson i thought i already knew - Never do gambling!
Just going to continue counting i want to see how many tries i can reach (sadly i blew all my kobans and can't reach 1000),i wish i could make a new record! Damn! :D 
GL to the ones still hoping to get her! To the ones that don't- switch charm so you won't get rekt by those lucky bast*rds :D rofl

• 2 weeks later...

In a way I agree with this topic.

A RNG system makes u have a greater sucess chance after each "failure" attempt.

So if it's RNG, something makes it "restart". Thus could be explained so many consecutives attempts without sucess.

Finally, if it's a RNG system would be nice to know what reboot this.

I really wish they would add a feature to do battles faster, doing 20 battles 1 at a time gets so ridiculously tedious everytime and it's baffling knowing there is no feature allowing you to do say 5,10,15 or 20 battles all at once if you have the energy. I think it'd be a great addition to your game if any devs see this c:

• Like 1