Girls experience changes

chipows

Hello guys,

I'm not sure, but I think there was a change in the girls experience values. I'm about level 150 and I was under the impression that each girl needed something between 1700 and 1800 experience points to be also level 150. But now, they need 2700 more or less - 1000 extra xp. I don't remember seeing anything about that in the patch notes. Do you notice that also or am I just wrong and there isn't any changes? 

2 hours ago, chipows said:

Hello guys,

I'm not sure, but I think there was a change in the girls experience values. I'm about level 150 and I was under the impression that each girl needed something between 1700 and 1800 experience points to be also level 150. But now, they need 2700 more or less - 1000 extra xp. I don't remember seeing anything about that in the patch notes. Do you notice that also or am I just wrong and there isn't any changes? 

I think I read somewhere that it should've been in the patch notes that they increased the xp needed as well.
But don't pin me down on it, if that isn't the case xD

---EDIT---

I think I've found the post:

Edited by Chthugha
  • Like 1

Link above.

It kinda messes me up, too. I had a fairly sophisticated system for knowing which item would get which girl to which level, and now it's shot to hell. I don't blame Kinkoid for that, but it certainly would be nice to know the new system. If it's, say, a straight up 1.5x multiplier for XP required, I could still use my existing system. If it's different, it's still fine with me as long as it's specified.

I mean, it's Kinkoid's game to do with as they want, naturally; I'm just saying what is / isn't likely to get me personally miffed.

This is a pretty huge "miss" in the patch notes.  A lot of people (myself included) sit on their xp books, saving them to be used for contests.  The value of all of those books just plummetted with this patch.  I'm not complaining about the change in xp, not at all.  But to patch in this change with no notice at all is pretty unforgivable.  We could have used our books prior to the patch.  But now, without any notice, we are left with hundreds of lost experience points.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, YoyoHH said:

This is a pretty huge "miss" in the patch notes.  A lot of people (myself included) sit on their xp books, saving them to be used for contests.  The value of all of those books just plummetted with this patch.  I'm not complaining about the change in xp, not at all.  But to patch in this change with no notice at all is pretty unforgivable.  We could have used our books prior to the patch.  But now, without any notice, we are left with hundreds of lost experience points.

well, that's a bit of a stretch there.
everybody will have the same thing going on with contests.
you get the same amount of xp for the books, so for two of the contests, it's still about using the most books.
the third one (with the level up bonus), will also not change, because everyone will have the same problem: you will need more xp to level a girl from level A to level B.
if you already have all your girls at almost max level, you will still not win in that contest against players with level 1 girls.

43 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

well, that's a bit of a stretch there.
everybody will have the same thing going on with contests.
you get the same amount of xp for the books, so for two of the contests, it's still about using the most books.
the third one (with the level up bonus), will also not change, because everyone will have the same problem: you will need more xp to level a girl from level A to level B.
if you already have all your girls at almost max level, you will still not win in that contest against players with level 1 girls.

You're misunderstanding my point.  Let me clarify.

The books raise your girls' levels, increasing your harem level and your ego. You can do this anytime.  But if you wait until the contest is on, then you can not only raise your harem level but also hopefully place well in the contest.  Therefore, I save my books and only use them when a contest is on because it doesn't benefit me any to use them earlier.

However, today's patch changed things.  The number of experience points needed to raise levels increased dramatically post-patch, yet the value of the books stays the same.  Had I known this, I would have happily used the books and raised my girls hundreds of levels, back when the level requirements were lower.  I could have easily raised my entire harem to the maximum level, had I used my books yesterday.  However, if I use those same books today, I will still be left with a bunch of my girls well-underleveled, even if I use all of them.  The "save for the contest" strategy works great when all other things are equal, but now they aren't.  A pretty big slap to the players who think hard about strategizing this game, because we all got screwed badly here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think Yoyo's correct on this one. I have tons of books that now all raise a girl's level by about 2/3 what it would have previously. I might have given up on saving for contests and instead leveled them all. While it's true that everyone who saved books will have the same problem come contest time, we could alternately be trying to play a different strategy where, for example, we get them all up to a point where they're viable in arena, and now we're swapping them in and out to keep them all leveled.

Ideally, the patch should have made all those books about 1.5x as powerful. I'm guessing the xp reqs were scaled up so that the xp rewards for arena wouldn't trivialize leveling up. If so, then scaling the books up as well would have satisfied both concerns.

• Like 2

exactly, the ninja nerf just nixed your experience books all by 1/3rd, oh didn't we tell you we were going to do that? oh, because if we did you would have used up all those books like smart players before the patch set in. Now its too late, oh by the way we increased the exp needed, sorry about that. A bit late, but took the players finding out to have the devs go "oh yea we kinda forgot that.". 

• Like 2

I'm very disapponited as well and as I said in the other topic:

1 hour ago, Mythos said:

A post isn't enough: I have a lot of books saved for contests of girls xp and now they worth half (if not less) of when I bought them. If I knew of this I would have used them, we need a compensation!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, YoyoHH said:

You're misunderstanding my point.  Let me clarify.

The books raise your girls' levels, increasing your harem level and your ego. You can do this anytime.  But if you wait until the contest is on, then you can not only raise your harem level but also hopefully place well in the contest.  Therefore, I save my books and only use them when a contest is on because it doesn't benefit me any to use them earlier.

However, today's patch changed things.  The number of experience points needed to raise levels increased dramatically post-patch, yet the value of the books stays the same.  Had I known this, I would have happily used the books and raised my girls hundreds of levels, back when the level requirements were lower.  I could have easily raised my entire harem to the maximum level, had I used my books yesterday.  However, if I use those same books today, I will still be left with a bunch of my girls well-underleveled, even if I use all of them.  The "save for the contest" strategy works great when all other things are equal, but now they aren't.  A pretty big slap to the players who think hard about strategizing this game, because we all got screwed badly here.

Ah, my bad.
If you meant that way, you are indeed correct.
The books of the day before yesterday aren't as "powerful" today, relatively speaking.

10 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Ah, my bad.
If you meant that way, you are indeed correct.
The books of the day before yesterday aren't as "powerful" today, relatively speaking.

For me the amount i have to spend on exp-items to max-out my harem increasead by roughly 6-7 million in game money. I wouldnt have to spend that if i had used my exp-items a day before. With the "genourous" amount of exp and effection i gain in battle, i think i will break even in 2 to 3 month.

23 hours ago, Hollo said:

It kinda messes me up, too. I had a fairly sophisticated system for knowing which item would get which girl to which level, and now it's shot to hell.

To find out the new amount to go to the next level use this formula: 10×1.0075^(CurrentLevel−1) and round it up to the nearest integer.

They lowered the rate of increase from 1.0099 to 1.0075, but raised the starting point from 5 to 10.

Hollo, This should get you back on track. My chart puts the formula in the "Next column" and then I add the "Needed" to the "Next" for the Needed of the new level. I can verify that it is correct to Level 92 

Level

Needed

Next

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2018 at 3:33 PM, PlusIon said:

To find out the new amount to go to the next level use this formula: 10×1.0075^(CurrentLevel−1) and round it up to the nearest integer.

They lowered the rate of increase from 1.0099 to 1.0075, but raised the starting point from 5 to 10.

Thanks. FWIW, it seems to check out at 127 and 156 - two of the dozen or so levels I have data for now. I'm not sure the rate is lower than it was, since the new scheme increases faster than the old one did. Or seems to at least.

I've swapped in a level 1, and am pushing her up as well, for fun.

Now at 170 tries at Levitya, and I'm going to have to decide whether to spend kobans on this. Hmm.

3 hours ago, Hollo said:

Thanks. FWIW, it seems to check out at 127 and 156 - two of the dozen or so levels I have data for now. I'm not sure the rate is lower than it was, since the new scheme increases faster than the old one did. Or seems to at least.

I've swapped in a level 1, and am pushing her up as well, for fun.

Now at 170 tries at Levitya, and I'm going to have to decide whether to spend kobans on this. Hmm.

The rate is the base of the power. 1.0075 < 1.0099, so the rate is smaller.
But, because the constant multiple in front is bigger (10 > 5), it will take a while to see it.

In case of doubt: you get the rate by dividing your new amount by your old amount, which just cancels the 10 in front and leaves you with 1.0075 in the new case.

I extrapolated it out all the way to level 400 and it looks like to level a girl from 1 to 400 is actually a bit cheaper, but only slightly. The new formula seems to only redistribute the cost so we are paying more initially, but less at higher levels. Comparing the old and the new formulas we will not see the cheaper costs until level 294. I have a ways to go.

11 minutes ago, PlusIon said:

I extrapolated it out all the way to level 400 and it looks like to level a girl from 1 to 400 is actually a bit cheaper, but only slightly. The new formula seems to only redistribute the cost so we are paying more initially, but less at higher levels. Comparing the old and the new formulas we will not see the cheaper costs until level 294. I have a ways to go.

We all have a ways to go.  Nobody in the world is at level 294 yet, so those who are stating that this "rebalancing" doesn't hurt us are not seeing the whole picture.

As long as we're looking at the whole picture, I'll repeat what I said in another thread (I kinda wonder if we should combine threads more): is anyone lacking for XP at any level? They've never been a bottleneck for me, either back then or now.

I only found out today. Totally understand that legendary girl shit now. It was a Trumponian coverup for a nasty xp nerf! 

With everyone up the fence about missing a single chick, they could secretly cheat ppl out of xp books value! I bet they killed Kenny too!

You bastards!

• Haha 2