Super Girlzz! General discussion

Greetingz

Got Viola today, been fighting Ninja Spy ever since the event came out. I also purposely stalled using my combat points before the event came out, so I started the event with 19 more points than I usually have. The 30 minute timer was always running because I never let it cap to 20, so estimating 48 fights a day and probably 6 from daily arena quests, I probably fought Ninja Spy over 250 times.

Which is average, I'm not really expecting to get girls on the first day. People don't realize that 6 days is around 300 fights, and you still have 10 days after that. But people are still clinging onto/losing hope after only 6 days of a two week event. I don't understand. Do people still not realize that girl drops are random and rare?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DRSTRONGDONG said:

Do people still not realize that girl drops are random and rare?

There are people who read the forums, read the wiki, and research into how the game works.  These people are not confused about how the mechanics work, although they do, understandably, get frustrated when the mechanics aren't fair.

But to answer your question - yes, there are A LOT of people who do not realize that girl drops are random and rare.  Just look at how many threads are out with subjects like "How come my energy isn't refilling?" or "I haven't had a girl drop in over a week!" or "How is it possible that I lost to someone with less ego than me?"  People, in general, are just not very bright.  This is the world we live in.

*Disclaimer - This is not meant to offend or draw attention to any specific individuals in this thread or forum.  I'm just saying that a lot of people are stupid, which nobody can rationally deny.

5 hours ago, Cierra said:

How many tries? I've been at Dark Lord since the beginning with about ~30-50 battles a day and still nothing.

Less than 40 I think, I was on higher level bosses for the contest for the first two days. 

The event girls still drop :)

I think people are referring to the widespread change that happened with the drop rate after two days of this event right across the board (event and regular girls).  Apart from Hildr dropping in a know-how account, there has been nothing.  Sure, the probability setting for the RNG has not been dropped to zero percent, but it does seem to be set much lower than is usual for the event girl drops.  It's like HH believing getting event girls has been two easy in the past and so adjusting downwards for this one accordingly, but it would be nice to have been told.

I don't think anyone disputes the fact that drops are random and may be rare.  However, take my situation for example, I run 6 accounts (4 know-how and 2 hardcore).  I have had Viola drop for me in 4 accounts (both HC accounts and 2 know-how accounts).  She dropped in these accounts within the first 2 days, apart from in one know-how account at the end of Day 3 of the event.  In the case of Hildr, I had no success at all until she dropped towards the middle of Day 6 in a know-how account, despite trying for her in 3 of the accounts from Day 2 and in one hardcore account from the end of Day 1 after Viola dropped in it.

The randomness has always been patchy for me from event to event (for all drops), but this is unusually extreme to say the least with 6 accounts to compare and has never before happened for me during an event.  This is the issue, not the fact that Hildr in particular is dropping so infrequently (I even got Dark Lord's one remaining regular girl, Rumiko, long before Hildr dropped in that other account).  We believe the RNG settings have been adjusted, but have been set lower than even HH would have been expecting.  As I suggested above, the unfairness aspect to this is not being told that this has happened and expecting players to try in vain for days and days without success while losing considerable income in the meantime.  In other words, we have not been given an informed choice.  This is not such an issue for newcomers to the game but it is a big issue for those fighting Bremen or Finalmecia where payouts for wins can be up to between 20.5k and 26.5k (compared with up to 3.5k for beating Dark Lord).

In this account I am still to get Marina, but I have all three girls from Finalmecia in each of the three accounts where I'm battling her.  This doesn't matter, however, because the income from her is useful when I am wanting to upgrade the girls I already have.  If I am so unlikely to get the event girls, it makes no difference if I choose to battle for income alone, except that the income is so much better than if I were trying for Dark Lord's girl for the duration of the event.  I might finally cotton on to the fact that it isn't worth it to try and instead carry on as normal and battle the troll in my current world for a much better payout so I can finally upgrade my harem.  This is actually really important considering also the one third lower adjusted combativity recharge rate now than it used to be and the fewer chances we have to do battle now over a ten hour period.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I think people are referring to the widespread change that happened with the drop rate after two days of this event right across the board (event and regular girls).  Apart from Hildr dropping in a know-how account, there has been nothing.  Sure, the probability setting for the RNG has not been dropped to zero percent, but it does seem to be set much lower than is usual for the event girl drops.  It's like HH believing getting event girls has been two easy in the past and so adjusting downwards for this one accordingly, but it would be nice to have been told.

I don't think anyone disputes the fact that drops are random and may be rare.  However, take my situation for example, I run 6 accounts (4 know-how and 2 hardcore).  I have had Viola drop for me in 4 accounts (both HC accounts and 2 know-how accounts).  She dropped in these accounts within the first 2 days, apart from in one know-how account at the end of Day 3 of the event.  In the case of Hildr, I had no success at all until she dropped towards the middle of Day 6 in a know-how account, despite trying for her in 3 of the accounts from Day 2 and in one hardcore account from the end of Day 1 after Viola dropped in it.

The randomness has always been patchy for me from event to event (for all drops), but this is unusually extreme to say the least with 6 accounts to compare and has never before happened for me during an event.  This is the issue, not the fact that Hildr in particular is dropping so infrequently (I even got Dark Lord's one remaining regular girl, Rumiko, long before Hildr dropped in that other account).  We believe the RNG settings have been adjusted, but have been set lower than even HH would have been expecting.  As I suggested above, the unfairness aspect to this is not being told that this has happened and expecting players to try in vain for days and days without success while losing considerable income in the meantime.  In other words, we have not been given an informed choice.  This is not such an issue for newcomers to the game but it is a big issue for those fighting Bremen or Finalmecia where payouts for wins can be up to between 20.5k and 26.5k (compared with up to 3.5k for beating Dark Lord).

In this account I am still to get Marina, but I have all three girls from Finalmecia in each of the three accounts where I'm battling her.  This doesn't matter, however, because the income from her is useful when I am wanting to upgrade the girls I already have.  If I am so unlikely to get the event girls, it makes no difference if I choose to battle for income alone, except that the income is so much better than if I were trying for Dark Lord's girl for the duration of the event.  I might finally cotton on to the fact that it isn't worth it to try and instead carry on as normal and battle the troll in my current world for a much better payout so I can finally upgrade my harem.  This is actually really important considering also the one third lower adjusted combativity recharge rate now than it used to be and the fewer chances we have to do battle now over a ten hour period.

You have 4 know how accounts and 2 hardcore ones so you have double the chance of getting an event girl on a know how account.

Event harem members have a set drop rate that does not go up with the number of fights which is why some people that did a lot of combativity refills during the legendary event did not get the legendary girl because the drop rate does not go up.

The only way for the drop rate to change for event harem members is if the people that can actually change it increase or decrease it themselves.

Boss harem members, unlike event ones, have an increased chance to drop every time you fail to get them from the boss.

8 minutes ago, natstar said:

You have 4 know how accounts and 2 hardcore ones so you have double the chance of getting an event girl on a know how account.

Event harem members have a set drop rate that does not go up with the number of fights which is why some people that did a lot of combativity refills during the legendary event did not get the legendary girl because the drop rate does not go up.

The only way for the drop rate to change for event harem members is if the people that can actually change it increase or decrease it themselves.

Boss harem members, unlike event ones, have an increased chance to drop every time you fail to get them from the boss.

What twaddle this is!  You completely missed my point of the CHANGE I and others have observed from around 2-3 days into this event.  I have a few accounts in which to note trends across all of them.  Something has definitely gone wrong.  However, I shall see what happens on the 11th or 12th day of this event before I pass further judgement.  If no more drops occur within this time (or I get only one more) I will know that something odd has happened, random chance notwithstanding.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add text

10 hours ago, DRSTRONGDONG said:

Got Viola today, been fighting Ninja Spy ever since the event came out. I also purposely stalled using my combat points before the event came out, so I started the event with 19 more points than I usually have. The 30 minute timer was always running because I never let it cap to 20, so estimating 48 fights a day and probably 6 from daily arena quests, I probably fought Ninja Spy over 250 times.

Which is average, I'm not really expecting to get girls on the first day. People don't realize that 6 days is around 300 fights, and you still have 10 days after that. But people are still clinging onto/losing hope after only 6 days of a two week event. I don't understand. Do people still not realize that girl drops are random and rare?

I haven't lost hope at all.  I'm quite happy really, especially since I have both girls in one of my accounts and I can expect more good luck before the end.  I've maxed out Viola in that account so I've seen all her affection scenes and profile images (impressive and even funny - she's ultra cute!).  I've got Hildr to her first star and I'm starting to change my opinion of her.  Because she's hardcore and that account is know-how, she'll be no better than eye-candy for me unless her know-how stats are high enough to use in battles.

I'm saying that something unusual and out of the ordinary has happened with the drop rate from the second day on and I have 6 accounts by which I can compare.  It is possible that HH adjusted the drop rate for event girls downwards because of the perception that they were becoming too easy to get.  If so, I'm not concerned either way, but it would've been nice to have been told.  Had I known this I would've gone back to farming Sylvanus, Bremen or Finalmecia for the payout instead of exclusively trying for Hildr, especially in my know-how accounts, and gone back to trying for her every second timed refill of combativity.   There is still time to get her with this strategy and I still have girls to get from Bremen and Sylvanus.  This has worked for me in past events on many occasions and I recommend others try it.  This was especially the case when trying for Levitya as I got her four times to hint that it works.  The two accounts where I failed (both hardcore, sadly) I was trying for her non-stop (even refilling using kobans) and it didn't work for me.  I suspect I was jinxed by my desperation to get her!

So the best of luck everybody and, despite what I said, don't give up.  I'm a pessimist at the best of times and this has saved me from the disappointment of dashed hopes.  I would make a terrible gambler!

i'm calling bs on the play?

i got up the kobans for a shot at the supergirls pachinko.

it says 1 girl and 1 gift.

i got a pair of cat ears?

where's my supergirl?

not happy.

i want my girl, or i want my kobans back

• Haha 2

it should say that.

it says 1 girl, 1 gift guaranteed.

it says nothing about playing 10 times.

it should read 

'play 10 times, get 1 girl and 1 gift'

word things better.

not spending money on here for anything

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hakawa said:

it should say that.

it says 1 girl, 1 gift guaranteed.

it says nothing about playing 10 times.

it should read 

'play 10 times, get 1 girl and 1 gift'

word things better.

not spending money on here for anything

do NOT play 10 times!!!

play ONCE 10 time roll !!!

Then 1 girl + 1 lengendary GUARANTEED.

succes!!!;)

• Haha 2

330 attempts and counting. No Hildr yet. Haven't even started on Iron Viola.

Over seven days left, so I'm not worried yet, although at this rate, I might worry tomorrow. Then again, I remember getting one girl on day 6 of a 7-day event, and then the second boss dropped the second and final girl after only about three tries.

I really, really wish I knew how drop rates worked, and what the numbers were...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hakawa said:

i'm calling bs on the play?

i got up the kobans for a shot at the supergirls pachinko.

it says 1 girl and 1 gift.

i got a pair of cat ears?

where's my supergirl?

not happy.

i want my girl, or i want my kobans back

If you had actually looked before playing, then you would've seen that that text is in the same box as the 10x epic pachinko game.
The single game has a separate box around it with no text in it.

Nothing wrong going on here.
You just didn't pay enough attention.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chthugha said:

If you had actually looked before playing, then you would've seen that that text is in the same box as the 10x epic pachinko game.
The single game has a separate box around it with no text in it.

Nothing wrong going on here.
You just didn't pay enough attention.

There is ambiguity though.  If I were a lawyer (or attorney depending on country) I would look at the word 'guaranteed'.  The way it is worded does not imply that it is not possible to get more than one girl per 10 play in Epic Pachinko, but, no, it is not possible to exceed the one girl.  However, it is possible to get more than one legendary item per 10 play (I had 5 in one play).  It needs to be reworded "One girl, only, and one or more legendary items guaranteed."  In ten single plays in one round I won three girls so sometimes it's worth taking the chance.  Other times I 'won' 10 useless epic equipment items so I bummed out there.

• Like 1