Patch-notes 04/04/18 Discussion

On 4/3/2018 at 12:11 PM, DHarry said:

If it were only thay simple. In this game you can lose to someone in the same specialty with 16k less ego and 3k less (harcore in my case) than you. That's rediculous and entirely random. The only sure way of not losing is not playing.

1: The flipside would also be true, not that I ever see someone that much better than me in ego or stat.

2: I don't mind randomness, but it is probably a bit excessive. I wonder what impact the new pvp rules will have.

3: Sure the only way to not lose is not playing, but if you want to max out your mojo, you don't have to win *Every* match, you just need to manage your risk so those 30mojo hits don't happen too often. Surely I'd hope your goal isn't to ever lose. At least everyone else on the leaderboard is in the same situation as you.

On 4/2/2018 at 6:20 PM, Bokoi said:

I feel like some basic fixes first. Yeah, the 'look up'- thing is great, but plenty of players still get that error 503 - servers don't respond message popping up while 1) collecting money, 2) completing daily missions, 3) fighting bosses and 4) completing the story.

Not to mention the thousands of players that didn't get that legendary girl (I myself haven't been able to gather a girl in weeks. since mary (the pirate) got to all players, there's emptiness. Donatien is lvl 90 now and still has all three girls, i wasn't able to collect a single girl during the spring break revival thing and that legendary girl also didn't drop). 
And while this is personal complaining, I think it would be greatly welcomed by everyone playing if the dropping-girls system would 1) be transparent, because right now we're all arguing on how it works and 2) would be changed into something not luck based. 

Hello, 

Thank you for your message.

We are working on the 503 error and we believe it's improving. We want you to know that 503 error is something you can get for a lot of reasons, so please, consider we are going to need time.

The legendary days is something we did for the first time. We are happy that a lot of players enjoyed the event. In these types of events, it's normal that not everybody gets the Legendary girl. We are always transparent. We believe in that type of communication.

Thank you for your feedback, we are going to take it into an account.

On 4/3/2018 at 3:32 AM, DRSTRONGDONG said:

Since the Tower of Fame tracks certain statistics, could there be a dedicated page to just statistics?

I'm a numbers and statistics kind of person, and I don't really enjoy going through every category on the Tower of Fame just to look at my own numbers.

You could slap another page on our profiles for it and let everyone see it. Or even put it in that blank space under Battle Team on the right side.

It's not a horribly unrealistic idea is it? I'm not asking for any super unreasonable...

Anyways, a reply from JessieChan or any other someone who could make the dream come true would be appreciated, even if it's just to reject me.

Hello, 

Yes, we are thinking about a page statistics.Thank you for your suggestion.

We don't know when and what we can do, but we are going to keep you updated.

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

4 hours ago, JessieChan said:

We are working on the 503 error and we believe it's improving. We want you to know that 503 error is something you can get for a lot of reasons, so please, consider we are going to need time.

Something you did stopped the 503 error messages, but it has not stopped the glitch. Now when gathering money from the harem, I will get an error, and then I can no longer click on that Haremettes collection button. I can continue down the line and collect some more but if it errors I have to again skip a girl. Then at the end of the list, I refresh and get the ones for which it had an error.  In the battle scene I get the error and then nothing is clickable except the menu navigation. So I go back to the battle screen (Or the boss screen) and try again. I think you are getting close!5ac572c7a113e_ScreenShot2018-04-04at8_31_22PM.thumb.png.5e11e59b726ca907001be37f06471571.png

Edited by PlusIon
Add a picture

8 hours ago, JessieChan said:

Hello, 

Thank you for your message.

The legendary days is something we did for the first time. We are happy that a lot of players enjoyed the event. In these types of events, it's normal that not everybody gets the Legendary girl. We are always transparent. We believe in that type of communication.

Thank you for your feedback, we are going to take it into an account.

Hello, 

Yes, we are thinking about a page statistics.Thank you for your suggestion.

We don't know when and what we can do, but we are going to keep you updated.

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

Oh god, Jessie I don't if you realize it or not, but that comment might set off a minefield of angry posts.  I'll keep from expanding on it because this is not the place for it.

Instead, on topic, did the update not roll out?  I don't see a timer on the homepage for pvp refresh.

1 hour ago, trunks2585 said:

Oh god, Jessie I don't if you realize it or not, but that comment might set off a minefield of angry posts.  I'll keep from expanding on it because this is not the place for it.

Instead, on topic, did the update not roll out?  I don't see a timer on the homepage for pvp refresh.

You have to wait until next week for it to happen.

the bug fix says "A full combativity refill is added to you"    It was apparently done at a specific time, regardless of the actual combativity level a player had accumulated.  this resulted in an unfair distribution of the refill.  If, and this is a no cost to the dev, the refill was applied, once,  when the players combativity level reached zero, then it would be applied equally to all players. Every player would gain 20 combativity points.  Doing it once at a specific time resulted in some players gaining zero, and many gaining only a point or three.

I see no benefit to the dev or players for this uneven distribution.  "Chance" should not be part of a bug fix

MRCR

• Thanks 1

On the 503 error, I only get that when I loose the data path to the server.  Usually when I am out of 4G range, or I use a path that has the server blocked.  ( "Spectum" cable tends to do this)  I almost never get 503 from my desk, and only occasionally from my Android when I'm out of range, or have not given a new data path time to get the URL to IP conversion done and packets exchanged.  Usually all I have to do is one retry.  I am happy that this is a non issue for me. ( been playing since last fall).  I have repeatedly - over a period of months - had trouble buying Kobans, usually the path just hangs.  Eventually I get it done.  I rarely buy Kobans these days as their value has been badly depreciated from, in my opinion, an already excessive cost.

MRCR

5 hours ago, mrcr said:

the bug fix says "A full combativity refill is added to you"    It was apparently done at a specific time, regardless of the actual combativity level a player had accumulated.  this resulted in an unfair distribution of the refill.  If, and this is a no cost to the dev, the refill was applied, once,  when the players combativity level reached zero, then it would be applied equally to all players. Every player would gain 20 combativity points.  Doing it once at a specific time resulted in some players gaining zero, and many gaining only a point or three.

I see no benefit to the dev or players for this uneven distribution.  "Chance" should not be part of a bug fix

MRCR

only people who fought and emptied their combativity bar early on were affected by the bug. so only those needed compensation. the way they filled it up was fine.

Like I did.  I saw TWO points of benefit.  When I use combativity, I use it all at once, and right at the beginning of any event.  Not worth arguing over. I have stated my point and position, the dev can take it or leave it.

On 04/04/2018 at 8:55 PM, JessieChan said:

We are always transparent.

Two words that prove this false: Drop Rate.

These minor additions are a waste of time and effort. Instead of constantly adding little things, try fixing the stuff that's already there. You're obviously stretched thin already since you didn't even get all of this small update out on time, and there is ton of far more important things that need fixing/improving. Consequently, I dislike this update (The forum needs a dislike button to reflect opinions).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What are the odds that eventually with the pvp rewards you could add a rewards multiplier for affection and experience cause the amount of exp and aff per win is kinda dull and doesn't really help much sure every little bit does help but it still doesn't feel like we're gaining a lot especially if we're focusing on trying to level up any of the 5 star affection girls. I believe with use of the proposed victory multiplier it will add a more intimate level of play that would cause players to do the math more with each battle and with the multiplier feel ultimately more rewarded and satisfied. Plus I'd really like to see some gifs thrown in the action I'd really love to see Julia bent over taking it in the ass lol

On 4/4/2018 at 3:55 PM, JessieChan said:

The complaints about the event had nothing to do with "not everybody getting the Legendary girl".  People were pissed about the unclear drop rate, which appeared to be uncharacteristically low.  This was worse due to your ridiculous "it's not higher or lower, just adjusted" comment prior to the event, which was pretty much the opposite of transparent.  They're also pissed about losing money by fighting Dark Lord AGAIN.  They're pissed about the short duration of the event.  And they're mostly pissed about the 100% luck-based winning of the girl, regardless of how many kobans you spent.  I don't know what forum you're reading, but "we are happy that a lot of players enjoyed the event" does not seem like a rational response to 50 pages of overwhelmingly negative feedback.  This doesn't look like transparent communication at all, it looks like "alternative facts".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I did enjoy the event. I do however regret spending Kobans trying to get her. I fell for the hype and was excited while trying to get her. I fully understand that some girls just slip away due to the drop rate. Most of the anger in this forum is not knowing the drop rate for the bosses/pachinko/events. For the other issues I think people are only looking at things from their own perspective.

Fighting Dark Lord - Every one can access Dark Lord and the event was for everyone. There is a very high chance that Dark Lord will usually have an event girl. This was no different. Others have suggested letting Dark Lord get stronger and I support this. But he should cap it at whatever level we are as players (Just like our girls). Imagine the anger players would have if Dark Lord gets too strong and you can only win 10 out of 20 tries while trying to get a girl to drop.

The short duration - This was one of the ways she was made "special" and they insist the drop rate was adjusted and I think that it was. But then this turns into anger over the drop rate.

The 100% Luck rate - Again this is a drop rate argument.

Mostly I think that players have regret for buying into the hype and spending more kobans than they would have for a normal event.

If you look into past discussions you will find the number one complaint every time is the hidden drop rate. I don't think this will change even if this thread hits 100 pages.

6 hours ago, PlusIon said:

Fighting Dark Lord - Every one can access Dark Lord and the event was for everyone. There is a very high chance that Dark Lord will usually have an event girl. This was no different. Others have suggested letting Dark Lord get stronger and I support this. But he should cap it at whatever level we are as players (Just like our girls). Imagine the anger players would have if Dark Lord gets too strong and you can only win 10 out of 20 tries while trying to get a girl to drop.

"The event was for everyone" is only partially true. Just like literally everything else they have done, the event catered to new players. There is nothing wrong with doing things for new players, I support doing things for new players. A lot of games do nothing for new players. The problem here is that everything is for new players, they have done absolutely nothing for the loyal endgame player base. Sure endgame players have access to Dark Lord, but it comes at an immense cost. And since every single event is for new players, and we are getting more and more events per month, the problem is just getting worse and worse. Aside from one comment by Chthugha, who is not even a mod let alone a part of the dev team, there has been absolutely no indication this will ever change. Even the affection update, while every little helps, it helps a hell of a lot more for new players. Endgame players are likely to not even notice the 5 affection when trying to upgrade girls, since their cost is going to be much much higher. So again we have had an update that is greatly beneficial to new players, but doesn't really help long term players. There is a lot more detail I could go into, but I've already done so numerous times and so have others.

On 4/5/2018 at 12:48 AM, Some other guy said:

1: The flipside would also be true, not that I ever see someone that much better than me in ego or stat.

2: I don't mind randomness, but it is probably a bit excessive. I wonder what impact the new pvp rules will have.

3: Sure the only way to not lose is not playing, but if you want to max out your mojo, you don't have to win *Every* match, you just need to manage your risk so those 30mojo hits don't happen too often. Surely I'd hope your goal isn't to ever lose. At least everyone else on the leaderboard is in the same situation as you.

To 1, 2 and 3: as you can see I was replying to someone who said, 'don't lose'. And in this system, that is simply not possible. All nuances you put in ate true for the game, but I wasn't arguing that. 

Hi is it on purpose that the ego in the arena for both parties switch to 0
while fighting and doesn't show the amount of damage? Even after the
fight is over still both paries have 0 ego. I guass it's visual bug, since
the fights doesn't seems to be influnced by his. Is this so players are
''blinded'' what their damage is and the amount of ego at the end, or
is it just an bug?

53 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

@YoyoHH @PlusIon @Asherandai

I've said it before in this thread and I will do it once more:
This is not a thread about the Legendary girl, so please refrain from posting about it in here.
I know it's tempting to react to a post (in this case Jessie's started it), I've done that a lot as well, but please keep the thread clean and on point.

This is on point. It is feedback on updates in general, which just so happens to include the legendary girl in its description and explanation. It would appear you are not bothering to read what is written and take it in context before chastising people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

@YoyoHH @PlusIon @Asherandai

I've said it before in this thread and I will do it once more:
This is not a thread about the Legendary girl, so please refrain from posting about it in here.
I know it's tempting to react to a post (in this case Jessie's started it), I've done that a lot as well, but please keep the thread clean and on point.

I thought I was in the legendary days event topic which is why I thought it might get to 100 pages.

My bad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Asherandai said:

This is on point. It is feedback on updates in general, which just so happens to include the legendary girl in its description and explanation. It would appear you are not bothering to read what is written and take it in context before chastising people.

I'm not even going to argue with you.
Just read what PlusIon wrote in the post you quoted, and you will know why I included you in my post.
If I wanted to chastise you, I would've just given you a warning point immediately.

On 4/6/2018 at 7:51 PM, DHarry said:

To 1, 2 and 3: as you can see I was replying to someone who said, 'don't lose'. And in this system, that is simply not possible. All nuances you put in ate true for the game, but I wasn't arguing that. 

Don't lose is easy

Step one: Be Chuck Norris

Step two: Don't not be Chuck Norris.

;)