Epic Pachinko rip off

rstephens

I've only done epic pachinko a handful of times and I always get burned. I just took a spun for shits and giggles hoping to get one of the girls on the last day....and I got a freaking booster!  540 kobans for a dang booster!  FUUUUUU!!!!

My .02 540 kobans for a single spin is waaaay too high, especially when there is so much, frankly, worthless crap in there.  How about in the 250-300 range?  Or cut down on the crap you can get, make it more likely to get something good, doesn't have to be a girl but at least a legendary item.

Regardless, lesson learned, I ain't ever doing that again until I have saved enough for the legendary spin.

because like many things its a random risk. Just like trying to get boss girls to drop, or trying to get event girls to drop. you can get them on try 15, or try 1500. The epic is the same, its a random risk. You can play 10x for a guarantee girl, or you can play single for a risk at getting a girl. You might get 1 in 10, the same. You might get 2 in 10, win! You might get 0 in 20. Its a gamble. 

It is up to you if you want to gamble. If you like gambling play singles. If you don't like to gamble just play 10x. 

Look up the worst odds on a speedrun attempt with the Dampe heart piece graveyard adventure in Ocarina of Time.  It's a lot like this system- you can either spin the wheel for some guaranteed things by paying more, or get completely fucked going for one at a time.  I think the record worst bad luck on that was 103 attempts for the heart piece (don't quote me on this), whereas you could go fifteen times in a row max to get it.  This is highly analogous to Epic Pachinko.  Some players get first-turn new girl, others give into the sunk cost fallacy and completely fuck themselves.  Go for the ten-spin- you could get hella lucky with single spins, but why bother taking a risk on getting completely fucked when the game offers you a way not to be?

If you like high-risk, high-reward gambles, I don't think this post will dissuade you much.  But if you're a reasonable person, go for the guaranteed after ten.

• Like 1

I'm pretty cynical...I feel that the single spin epic pachinko is deliberately made as a rip-off so as to drive players to pay money for kobans.  The more the devs can frustrate you and appear to offer a better experience for some bucks, the better they think they are doing.

Pretty much their whole attitude for girl drop underlines that point.

• Like 1