Poll for the upcoming May 17 Legendary Event

Blain

May 17 Legendary Event Poll  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to buy kobans for this upcoming Legendary event?

• Yes, and I'll buy whatever amount it takes to get the Legendary girl as soon as possible
    • Yes, and I'll buy some before I have used most of my free attempts
    • Yes, but not before I have used most of my free attempts
    • Yes, to try for the legendary items, not the Legendary girl
    • No, and I had bought kobans for the previous Legendary event
    • No, and I did not buy kobans for the previous Legendary event
    • Maybe, and that's my final answer, because I can't decide right now

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/17/2018 at 04:00 PM

59 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Just that there is no date mentioned nor anywhere to be seen ...

So well yeah, to the TC, when i dont know what i can get, how i can get and when i can get something.

I don't pay for it.

Just look in the news from discord thread I pinned in general.
There's a calendar for may in it.

The overwhelming impression I got from the first Legendary Days seemed to be that many people paid for refills yet still didn't get the girl... which doesn't exactly give me much incentive. And to be clear, I didn't get that impression until after I had wasted the entire event fighting Dark Lord, thinking I had a chance. So I was doubly disappointed. And considering how much trouble I have just getting some of the "free" girls to drop lately, one that's even rarer, less likely to drop, and that I might have to pay for, doesn't interest me. 

Generally, I'm not a fan of holding rare characters hostage in exchange for money, but in this case, I'd rather people who donated did get an exclusive Legendary girl. At least, that sounds better to me than people who donated complaining about not getting a Legendary girl, anyway.

So I'm thinking I may skip this event and focus on trying to save up some money for affection raising. And I suspect this won't be the last time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GarfEild said:

The overwhelming impression I got from the first Legendary Days seemed to be that many people paid for refills yet still didn't get the girl... which doesn't exactly give me much incentive. And to be clear, I didn't get that impression until after I had wasted the entire event fighting Dark Lord, thinking I had a chance. So I was doubly disappointed. And considering how much trouble I have just getting some of the "free" girls to drop lately, one that's even rarer, less likely to drop, and that I might have to pay for, doesn't interest me. 

Generally, I'm not a fan of holding rare characters hostage in exchange for money, but in this case, I'd rather people who donated did get an exclusive Legendary girl. At least, that sounds better to me than people who donated complaining about not getting a Legendary girl, anyway.

So I'm thinking I may skip this event and focus on trying to save up some money for affection raising. And I suspect this won't be the last time.

That's because those people are the most vocal when something like that happens, and so they should be.

I held a poll after the Levitya event, and it shows not exactly the same as the general feeling people got.

39/101 participants didn't get Levitya, and of those 39 we had 28 using kobans (don't know how many they used).
Of the 62 that got Levitya, 41 used kobans.
Not a whole lot of the participants actually bought kobans during the event (just 8/101).

I am not going to say anything else about it, I am just presenting you some alternative facts (dunno if I should call them that xD).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chthugha said:

That's because those people are the most vocal when something like that happens, and so they should be.

I held a poll after the Levitya event, and it shows not exactly the same as the general feeling people got.

39/101 participants didn't get Levitya, and of those 39 we had 28 using kobans (don't know how many they used).
Not a whole lot of the participants actually bought kobans during the event (just 8/101).

I am not going to say anything else about it, I am just presenting you some alternative facts (dunno if I should call them that xD).

your data are real facts. thats a fact. xD

but the sample is so small that it cant represent the whole player base accurately. you didnt want to add that but the facts are incomplete without this information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Habi said:

your data are real facts. thats a fact. xD

but the sample is so small that it cant represent the whole player base accurately. you didnt want to add that but the facts are incomplete without this information.

What you forget is that 101 participants is actually a large quantity compared to the amount of active users on the English part of the forum.
So therefore it is a representative group for the forum, which is what GarfEild based his decision on.
You cannot just ignore that for a quick laugh.

And no, I'm not doing this for the sake of Kinkoid, but just because the voice of the community is a bit biased and one-sided in this matter.
Yes, the last event was a disaster in how it went, but I also think that people have the wrong impression on how it actually went.

• Thinking 1

10 hours ago, Chthugha said:

the thing is that even if you could teach the devs a lesson that way, then the game would be out of commission in no time.
it's their livelihood, and going without income is not going to help you to get what you want.
it might be a valid strategy with big companies behind big games, if you could pull it off, but here it just means you will make everything worse.
you'll force them into other ways of earning the money, and that's something we don't want.

I get where you guys are coming from, but it's not the solution you are looking for.

-edit-

I'm not saying you guys should buy kobans by the way.
I haven't bought anything at all, not now and not in the past.
There simply are better ways to spend money than on an online game, like my student debts >,<

I don't think going on a koban strike for one event would be enough to bankrupt them or set them back that much with the patreon support and monthly card buyers they have.  But regardless I do see your point.  The problem is I've only thought of two ways to try and communicate with the devs on this.  We've already got several threads expressing our displeasure in recent game changes, bug issues, things that should be implemented before others, and of course, the lengedary days event.  But we don't get much feedback from the devs, and when we do, it seems like they don't even want to acknowledge the problems or points brought up.

So to me the next step is not buying kobans to cause a dip in profits to make them care about pleasing their player base that have shown they know they can cause a change.

If there's a middle step that could be taken I'd love to know what it is.  I know you're already doing everything you can to also function as an ambassador of sorts on the playerbase side, reporting our concerns up the ladder and telling us what you can.  Sadly it seems they aren't relaying much info for you to give to us to calm us down.

Do I think we should get everything we ask for? No.  But when I see multiple people echoing the same concerns, I think it warrants a response of some kind.

And really I think we're not asking for too much, at least not with this event.  I acknowledge there are positive changes being made.  The event isn't on DL, and we have high odds of dropping legendary gifts, so everyone that's behind on upgrading girls can still get something out of the event.  Although personally I'm concerned this is going to be used to give terrible drop rates again and tell the players 'you didn't get the girl, but look at all the gifts you got, so you should be happy'.

And yeah, showing drop rates is the one thing I'll push for till the day I die, if nothing else other than the fact that many others are as well.  It's amazing how fast players will accept shit chances, as long as they are told up front that the odds are bad.  Hell devs might even get players spending more on kobans in terms of preparing for getting the girl if they shared the drop rate.

Personally I hope we get a picture of the girl soon, we got a week to go and I feel like we saw levedita by that time.  Also they stated that gifts will be a x4 drop rate to the normal revival events.  So number crunchers, have fun with that because that's the most hard stats we've gotten to this point.

52 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

Personally I hope we get a picture of the girl soon, we got a week to go and I feel like we saw levedita by that time.  Also they stated that gifts will be a x4 drop rate to the normal revival events.  So number crunchers, have fun with that because that's the most hard stats we've gotten to this point.

Just a quick reaction to this last part:
around the time I posted the June event spoiler, we asked for a spoiler on the legendary girl as well.
FAB said he wasn't entirely happy with her yet at that moment, so he wasn't going to give us anything yet.

Jessie also said that we will get more information soon.
Unfortunately that won't be earlier than monday, because they are unavailable in the weekend for commoners.
Only in real emergency cases they come online during the weekend (we had an 8 hour lasting unresponsive nutaku server during the second to last day of an event, which did bring them online on the discord server).

1 hour ago, trunks2585 said:

If there's a middle step that could be taken I'd love to know what it is.

Visit the French forum with a Google translator. Kinkoid posts a metric ton more over there than here. 

Upper left of the forum screen, under Browse tab -> click Staff, then click on Kinkoid. Take a look at his activity log. Happy to chat away to his native language to his fellow Frenchmen, but sticks his head in the sand and ignores the English forum. Ain't got time for us.

That's why I've divested myself of feelings about this game. Tired of being disappointed and ignored.

If the game improves, great. If it doesn't, oh well. It's a game, not the cure for cancer or the key to world peace. Plenty of online games to burn spare time on if this one doesn't survive. 

C'est la vie, n'est-ce Pas?

10 hours ago, Chthugha said:

and yet, even though it is a small sample, it already indicates that of the 62 that got Levitya 41, they used kovans. That they were bought or you had them saved is the most important data of all.
I spent 3000 kovans almost to win it, so I noticed quite a difference in the drop rate against event girls (I never spend any and I won the 2 there is)

always having said it, kinkoid hinted that the drop rate was like an event adjusted for its shorter duration and the reality is that the drop rate was lower (do not forget that of 101 people only 62 laq got and 41 was with refills)

Edited by saberbholt

6 hours ago, saberbholt said:

always having said it, kinkoid hinted that the drop rate was like an event adjusted for its shorter duration and the reality is that the drop rate was lower (do not forget that of 101 people only 62 laq got and 41 was with refills)

And this is what most people hated most about the event.
The (mis)communication regarding the drop rates, not drop rates themselves.

If it was known that the drop rate was going to be low, because legendary girl, and not everybody is going to get her, then players probably would've made other decisions during that event, and this whole thing wouldn't have escalated as much as it did now.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

If it was known that the drop rate was going to be low, because legendary girl, and not everybody is going to get her, then players probably would've made other decisions during that event, and this whole thing wouldn't have escalated as much as it did now.

Very diplomatic way to put that-  Ty for your respectful words.

I'm am still quite embarrassed of my own freak out & hope to be better this time  - smiles-

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Chthugha said:

And this is what most people hated most about the event.
The (mis)communication regarding the drop rates, not drop rates themselves.

This. I dunno why they are so scared to give us drops rates or at least tell us odds will be low.  It's amazing how chill players can be about that sort of stuff, we accept it, but we need our fears and suspensions confirmed.  We're not asking the girl be handed out in day one (okay we all hope we get her fast) we're just asking to know what kinda battle we are in for.

Let me clarify.  I hope nobody buys kobans for THIS EVENT.  I want the game to thrive, I want people to buy tons of kobans, and I want Kinkoid to get rich as shit.  But players should be spending kobans on a great game with great events.  THIS event is a load of crap.

The devs have redesigned the structure of the game in a way that forces kobans to be spent in order to stay on top.  They have ignored the feedback of the community.  If players open their wallets and spend all their kobans to get this new legendary girl, then we are only reinforcing what the devs obviously think of us - as a bunch of morons who they can easily manipulate.  The players have asked for some reasonable things - post the drop rates, set a guarantee drop point to prevent ridiculous bad luck strings, etc.   Some excellent ideas to make the game better (not easier, better).  The girl rarity update and upcoming legendary event are a sharp turn towards P2W, and spending money only pushes us more in that direction.

If we are going to "teach them a lesson", then that lesson should be that we ARE willing to spend money on the game, but we won't be manipulated into spending money on this luck-based bullshit anymore.  Listen to what the players want and make adjustments based on that feedback.  Make the game better and we will spend money.  Screw us over and we'll keep our wallets closed.

Maybe.. just maybe. For the first legendary girl I've spend me reserve of around 6K kobans and got it in the end. But now I'm a bit Koban unprepared, will see depending on what is the girl. Anyway I'll first try my luck with regular battles, then with Kobans until I'm up to buy more. Probably won't buy. 

I voted "No and did not before". 

But to clarify, by that I mean I'll not spend Kobans on refills. I *do*, however, have a monthly budget in place where I purchase the $20 Koban package each month. I *might* spring for the $100 package if the promised Anniversary event happens as suggested. 

But i don't spend Kobans on anything other than Epic10x.

Hello,

On 5/11/2018 at 5:03 PM, dirty harry said:

If she comes, she should come easy. I'm not going to burn my fingers on her.:D

She's Legend. She's not supposed to come that easy.
Although we worked a lot on improving, it's still Legendary days...

On 5/12/2018 at 12:02 AM, trunks2585 said:

I don't think going on a koban strike for one event would be enough to bankrupt them or set them back that much with the patreon support and monthly card buyers they have.  But regardless I do see your point.  The problem is I've only thought of two ways to try and communicate with the devs on this.  We've already got several threads expressing our displeasure in recent game changes, bug issues, things that should be implemented before others, and of course, the lengedary days event.  But we don't get much feedback from the devs, and when we do, it seems like they don't even want to acknowledge the problems or points brought up.

- We are sorry if you think/feel that way. We can reassure you, that it's exactly the opposite. We are here, we are reading, we're working on improving a lot. Example, there were a lot of players in the past that wanted to have second chances of winning some girls, and what we did? Revivals. There were players, talking about the Harem and improvements they want.. What we did? Finishing a project around it. So, please, when you say, we're not listening, know that it's not true.

So to me the next step is not buying kobans to cause a dip in profits to make them care about pleasing their player base that have shown they know they can cause a change.

- Thank you for being honest, although the methods you use are pretty hard-core. :) Again, a nice talk, an email exchange, can make you feel better and also build a better relationship with the game you care so much about. You can even talk with us, if you like. But, by whipping the game, and the creators, don't expect a lot of changes.

If there's a middle step that could be taken I'd love to know what it is.  I know you're already doing everything you can to also function as an ambassador of sorts on the playerbase side, reporting our concerns up the ladder and telling us what you can.  Sadly it seems they aren't relaying much info for you to give to us to calm us down.

- That's yet another fact, that's not really confirmed, is it? We spend the time needed with our moderators, we answer and we give them information. Of course, this is a process that is improving all the time. It has to start from somewhere.

Do I think we should get everything we ask for? No.  But when I see multiple people echoing the same concerns, I think it warrants a response of some kind.

- We respect each players' feedback. Yet, we have more than 40k daily active playes. We can only be sure, that the majority thinks the same if we create a huge poll.

And really I think we're not asking for too much, at least not with this event.  I acknowledge there are positive changes being made.  The event isn't on DL, and we have high odds of dropping legendary gifts, so everyone that's behind on upgrading girls can still get something out of the event.  Although personally I'm concerned this is going to be used to give terrible drop rates again and tell the players 'you didn't get the girl, but look at all the gifts you got, so you should be happy'.

And yeah, showing drop rates is the one thing I'll push for till the day I die, if nothing else other than the fact that many others are as well.  It's amazing how fast players will accept shit chances, as long as they are told up front that the odds are bad.  Hell devs might even get players spending more on kobans in terms of preparing for getting the girl if they shared the drop rate.

- We always answered to this questions in the range of knowledge we have. The drop rates discussion, legends about it, criticsm and everything won't end, unless we make the drop rates %100. But this would ruin the game. We're sorry and we understand that the current system needs upgrading, since some of you get the girls fast, some of you spend a lot of time in battles. Currently we work on that, but we can't fix everything at once. Please, be patient.

- You will see the picture of her really soon.

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

On 5/13/2018 at 5:46 AM, YoyoHH said:

Let me clarify.  I hope nobody buys kobans for THIS EVENT.  I want the game to thrive, I want people to buy tons of kobans, and I want Kinkoid to get rich as shit.  But players should be spending kobans on a great game with great events.  THIS event is a load of crap.

- Thank you for your honest feedback. We know that a player can never like everything we do. We acknowledge that. But we hope that improving and improving what we do will make you like it. :)

The devs have redesigned the structure of the game in a way that forces kobans to be spent in order to stay on top.  They have ignored the feedback of the community.  If players open their wallets and spend all their kobans to get this new legendary girl, then we are only reinforcing what the devs obviously think of us - as a bunch of morons who they can easily manipulate.  The players have asked for some reasonable things - post the drop rates, set a guarantee drop point to prevent ridiculous bad luck strings, etc.   Some excellent ideas to make the game better (not easier, better).  The girl rarity update and upcoming legendary event are a sharp turn towards P2W, and spending money only pushes us more in that direction.

- We're not forcing anybody on spending real money! The Legendary Days is giving you the opportunity to obtain a girl by battling, which you can honestly do for free. A lot of players choose to spend the event in free battles and they receive the girl. Some choose the opposite and they also receive her. Well, some don't receive her. But that's the chances. Did you use our official mailbox to say what you think/ feel? I suggest you do.

If we are going to "teach them a lesson", then that lesson should be that we ARE willing to spend money on the game, but we won't be manipulated into spending money on this luck-based bullshit anymore.  Listen to what the players want and make adjustments based on that feedback.  Make the game better and we will spend money.  Screw us over and we'll keep our wallets closed.

- Please submit all your feedback into a letter, or if you want a live chat with me.  :) 

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

I didn't realize some people felt this strongly about the last Legendary Days, though I could tell there was some annoyance. And yes, I was annoyed myself, though less because I didn't get the girl and more because the only way to get her was to fight the very first boss, which meant I was very low on money when the event ended. I would never suggest a "koban strike" or anything like that, however: I would simply make the personal decisions to not spend money on an event, or to skip an event and focus on improving my harem instead. Yes, I'm upset if I don't get a girl I want, but I do still enjoy the game and want it to keep progressing and improving. For the most part I am looking forward to the girl rarity update, because it seems like it will bring some interesting changes. But based on my previous experience with Legendary Days, I do think that is an event I will traditionally skip, unless some major changes are introduced into it. And again, that's my personal choice, I'm not going to attempt to convince other players to follow my example. That is just a style of play that I think will make me happiest.

And Chthugha, thank you for the poll results. I don't recall seeing it so I'm not sure if I took part in it, though I do recall posting my feelings in a thread once the event ended, which is where I got the idea that most people did not care for how the event played out. And I admit that was somewhat reassuring, because if I got the impression that most free players got the girl and I didn't, that would have annoyed me more...

• Like 1

I don't feel like quoting jessie's post as it's already massive and in response to mind, so I'll just make a few comments here.

My main concern is you are pushing us to email or chat with you one on one.  I have a few issues with this suggestion. 1. We already have a forum here and there's even the discord page, plus I thought direct contact was limited to patreon supporters?  Even if that's not the case it feels a bit like a we're getting the run around on how to talk to you about our concerns.  2. I feel responding to reoccurring topics here would save you more time, thank answering reoccurring issues one on one. 3. Transparency.  If it's posted here for all to see, no one can say they are getting told different things in private, we don't want any false rumors starting up.

On the topic of talking with chthugha I know he's only been a mod for a little over a month and I don't know what a normal communication schedule between him and you are, and honestly only he can confirm the frequency of communication with you, so I just ask him to give his two cents on that one.

You say you're working on fixing issues, and I'll admit that you have been working on stuff, but often these come with unwanted side effects (reducing maximum free cp a day) or putting the cart before the horse on some things, or not fully finishing a few things (rewards for the Tower of fame rankings).  My point is it feels a bit sporatic and like certain things that players care about more aren't getting the patches they need, but this is a topic for a whole thread of it's own.

On the drop rate, we are not asking for 100 percent, we just want to see what it is.  Yeah people will always complain. 'The drop rate is this but I still didn't get a girl" "The drop rate is two low, screw this"  But at least you won't have to hear "They are hiding info on the drop rate so they can stealth change things" or "They are scaming us, that's why they won't show the drop rate" etc. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JessieChan said:

We're not forcing anybody on spending real money! The Legendary Days is giving you the opportunity to obtain a girl by battling, which you can honestly do for free. A lot of players choose to spend the event in free battles and they receive the girl. Some choose the opposite and they also receive her. Well, some don't receive her. But that's the chances.

This is, unfortunately, not addressing my point.  What I said was that " the devs have redesigned the structure of the game in a way that forces kobans to be spent in order to stay on top".  Obviously, you aren't forcing anyone to spend cash or kobans.  But 2 facts are unrefutable:

1) ALL legendary and epic girls, with the exception of the Legendary Days event girls, are EXCLUSIVE to epic pachinko.  Every single "free" girl in the game, obtained through story, boss drops, event drops, and event rewards, are ALL classified as common or rare.

2) As we saw with the Levitya abortion, the Legendary Days event drop was ludicrously low (sorry, adjusted).  Obviously, some people got Levitya for free, but it certainly appears that they were in the extreme minority.  It appears that most people who did not spend kobans did not get her.  And it appears that a lot of people spent ungodly amounts of kobans, many of them getting nothing for their investment.

Let's assume you offer the Legendary Event monthly (no guarantee) and let's also assume you rotate the girls' classes to equally distribute between Charm, HC, and KH (you would be insane not to do this).  That means that players have a 3-day window once every 3 MONTHS to obtain a girl with what appears to be the lowest drop rate yet.  That is the ONLY way to obtain ANY girl above rare quality.  Nobody in their right mind can dispute that in order to stay competitive at the highest level, you MUST spend kobans.  You can play for free, but you can't win for free.  That's what "Pay 2 Win" means.

I will also echo trunks2585 - encouraging private letters and private live chats from players with concerns limits transparency.  If you have legitimate answers for our concerns, if you have legitimate reasons why you've made decisions regarding the game, post them here.  Let everybody see them.  We post our feedback here and other players read and react, sparking increased communication and more ideas.  I am pleasantly surprised and extremely grateful for Jessie's post here, as developer communication on these boards is sorely lacking.  Continue the transparency, open the discussion, and everyone will be happier.

• Guest locked this topic