the annoying shopping popup window

saberbholt

Yes is a thread for the annoying shopping popup window.

Since I have enabled it I have seen it more than 30 times. I know they want our money, but was it so hard to teach it just once or put a box to "not show again" and hide it when it closes?
I do not know the rest but it overwhelms me so much to see it and it just makes me angry to think that they waste their time thinking about these things and not about ideas for the game or how to solve bugs besides feeling that we care less and less as players and see only as $$$ for his pocket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

It's a bug, and they are working on it.

To fix the ad bug is simple
when the user logs, the variable is initialized to 0
when the main screen is used, the loop is shown:
If variable = 0 then call function launch announcement;

variable = 1

end if

With this I would only go to the main page after loading the user the first time.

Traslate this code to the programing lenguaje used.

Edited by saberbholt

8 hours ago, saberbholt said:

when the user logs, the variable is initialized to 0
when the main screen is used, the loop is shown:
If variable = 0 then call function launch announcement;

variable = 1

end if

With this I would only go to the main page after loading the user the first time.

I'm just a moderator, cannot do anything about the coding.

To be honest, I think it will suddenly go away in about a week...

20 hours ago, saberbholt said:

Kinkoid programmer reads the forum...

"Oh my god! A state variable! Why didn't I think of that?"

Seriously, what do you think the backend is doing now? If it's meant to show the starter offer once but is repeating, that's what a bug is.

(And, paying 5€ to make that f*cking popup go away is the closest they've got to having me pay actual money to play. So good work I guess?)

It's not a bug, it's a feature. 

They are definately not prioritizing to get rid of thos annoying thing. I'm not paying for it, that may only encourage them to do it again. Maybe even more annoying. Don't give in for all our sakes!

6 hours ago, BoogerStick said:

Seriously, what do you think the backend is doing now? If it's meant to show the starter offer once but is repeating, that's what a bug is.

You are talking about someone that thought that last login time is a good measure of player activity. And didn't fix the problem for months after pointing out it isn't. xD

12 hours ago, BoogerStick said:

(And, paying 5€ to make that f*cking popup go away is the closest they've got to having me pay actual money to play. So good work I guess?)

Precisely the error occurs by not having a control variable with a check loop if it really is a bug, because it seems rather that the intention is to bombard the offer until we are tired