Patch Notes 23/05/18 Girls Rarity Discussion

I am a "free to play" player, and I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I managed to get both Levitya and Norou, the later one obtained by expending more than 4,000 kobans (so I don't consider myself specially lucky), to 4 stars and full affection for the fifth, only waiting for the update to pay the 18 M. Therefore, I'm ready for Harem V.2. 

I managed that by saving money and affection items since Harem V.2 was announced, on April 30

On the other hand, I only got Princess Noemy, Abrael and Kalissa to 4 stars, and Lenaelle to 3. I didn't fully upgraded them because since the moment legendary girls started appearing on the game, it was obvious to me that the power balance between haremettes was gonna change.

So I agree with @Some other guy, the game isn't unfair nor is it "pay to win", we only need to pay attention and adapt to the changes. It is clear that Kinkoid are working hard to improve the game, and they are getting better and better at communicating their improvements, we only need to listen and act accordingly.  

Heck! I think this is one of very few games where "free to play" players can actually be somehow competitive if they manage their resources. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack_HH said:

I am a "free to play" player, and I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I managed to get both Levitya and Norou, the later one obtained by expending more than 4,000 kobans (so I don't consider myself specially lucky), to 4 stars and full affection for the fifth, only waiting for the update to pay the 18 M. Therefore, I'm ready for Harem V.2. 

I managed that by saving money and affection items since Harem V.2 was announced, on April 30

On the other hand, I only got Princess Noemy, Abrael and Kalissa to 4 stars, and Lenaelle to 3. I didn't fully upgraded them because since the moment legendary girls started appearing on the game, it was obvious to me that the power balance between haremettes was gonna change.

So I agree with @Some other guy, the game isn't unfair nor is it "pay to win", we only need to pay attention and adapt to the changes. It is clear that Kinkoid are working hard to improve the game, and they are getting better and better at communicating their improvements, we only need to listen and act accordingly.  

Heck! I think this is one of very few games where "free to play" players can actually be somehow competitive if they manage their resources. 

How's this not bragging..................

Other than that: you're absolutely right!!:D

Edited by dirty harry
  • Haha 1

What is there to be compete about.

Sooner or later it going to end up upgraded anyway, not like it going to make any difference. The only thing probably wasted is time.

15 hours ago, tracker_nfo said:

Maybe i overread those informations but can someone tell me if e.g. upgrading Norou pre and after patch will cost the same amount of kobans or more? As mentioned before she will be more expensive by money but i would like to decide wether i upgrade her now with kobans (if it gets more expensive) or wait for enough money.

can someone help me with my question? :)

4 minutes ago, tracker_nfo said:

Dunno where you are. If it is your 1st girl or your 100th. Is she even in your class? Therefor your question can't be answered. I have given some examples in this thread that may be of help (or not). If you are more specific someone could maybe help. My personal opinion: Don't waste kobans!

4 minutes ago, Valgo said:

What is there to be compete about.

Sooner or later it going to end up upgraded anyway, not like it going to make any difference. The only thing probably wasted is time.

There is a ranking with 9 different parameters to compete, both at a worldwide and national levels. And some top rankers are "free to play" players, that's what I meant with "to be somehow competitive if they manage their resources".

1 minute ago, tracker_nfo said:

It depends what number is Norou on your Harem, but if she's past number 20, you should try to get her to full affection (with full affection bar from 4 to 5 stars), but don't upgrade her fifth star until Harem V.2. Everything regarding legendary girls will be more expensive after the update, except the money you need to pay for the fifth star.

9 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

Yeah, I guess it was kind of braggy,  but I wanted to prove that the information given was enough to be prepared for Harem V.2 and Kinkoid isn't trying to rip us off or something like that. -_-u

1 hour ago, dirty harry said:

I literally laughed out loud. I don't know why but that response just tickled my funny bone in just the right way.

On the subject of free to play

I am 169 on pvp wins on nutaku and 16th among Canadians eh.

I did get the monthly card after the trail though.

The game rewards bloody minded grinding more than money in PvP, mainly because kobans are insanely expensive compared to what they get you. Maxing out your stats is very doable in the market if you grind the game. Maxing out your combat girls or for lower level having the best available is pretty achievable. If you plan ahead and save, you can nail the legendary girl, well maybe not the first, aside from truly horrible luck, but I can't see anyone blowing through a month and a half of free kobans or 2 months in the future only to be keen on paying money for a few more tries. The only way to PvP advantage from money is blowing 40 bucks on an epic spin and hope you get a legendary item in your stat and there are not too many people willing to do that. From what I've read a few years ago there is more money to be made targeting whales by making things expensive than targeting minnows by making things cheap, I guess typically the sort of people willing to open their wallets on average REALLY open their wallets. What that means is that there are very very few people running around with bought legendary single stat items beyond the free koban pick up and rare market place items. I've seen one guy with 2 [and 2 rainbows, KH to boot]. Just not a dominent factor.

I suppose you would be hard pressed to be top dog, but then again, there can only be one. I think 169 out of 10's of thousands is pretty good. At level 160 I am also rocking a pretty good win rate.

The game is not really pay to win.

• Like 2

So basically anyone ranked rare or higher got more expensive than they are now and everyone under that will be easier? I don't recall what all the current values are but that's what it seems like to me.

1 hour ago, Arimil said:

So basically anyone ranked rare or higher got more expensive than they are now and everyone under that will be easier? I don't recall what all the current values are but that's what it seems like to me.

No. It depends on the position of the girls in your harem.

Rares will get cheaper if your haremette is around the position 20 or above.
Epics will get cheaper if your haremette is around the position 85 or above.
Legendaries will be more expensive, except for the fifth star upgrade charge.

You can check the exact current rates here:

https://harem-battle.club/wiki/Harem-Heroes/HH:Harem

2 hours ago, Some other guy said:

From what I've read a few years ago there is more money to be made targeting whales by making things expensive than targeting minnows by making things cheap, I guess typically the sort of people willing to open their wallets on average REALLY open their wallets....

Where did you read that? I have a personal interest in those kind of topics and would love to read the complete article/research. :o

No. It depends on the position of the girls in your harem.

Rares will get cheaper if your haremette is around the position 20 or above.
Epics will get cheaper if your haremette is around the position 85 or above.
Legendaries will be more expensive, except for the fifth star upgrade charge.

You can check the exact current rates here:

https://harem-battle.club/wiki/Harem-Heroes/HH:Harem

Where did you read that? I have a personal interest in those kind of topics and would love to read the complete article/research. :o

5 staring an epic girl at above 20 level is about the same, 50 millionish in both cash and cash value of affection items.

As for that stuff on whales and minnows, there was links in some zombie game whose name I don't even remember anymore. You would have as much luck as I would in finding it.

I also learned that randomness = people paying more which is probably why things are so random wrt things like legendary girls, and there is a good reason initial levels are easier to get and it gets harder the further you get in the game. Seems D&D in the 70's latched onto something good by chance.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jack_HH said:

There is a ranking with 9 different parameters to compete, both at a worldwide and national levels. And some top rankers are "free to play" players, that's what I meant with "to be somehow competitive if they manage their resources".

This isn't RTS genre. As for those F2P who at top of the rank, they are at top of the rank because they grind harder. Not because they manage their resources.

When they first announced Harem V2 I had just dedicated myself to catching up all the stat upgrades I had been ignoring in the market, and boy was it expensive playing catch-up after ignoring them for about 130 levels. After maxing them I then just started hording money to see if I should upgrade certain girls or not. Didn't take into consideration the 8 hour recharge on shop items so while I have millions available the shop isn't refreshing fast enough to help me finish leveling Norou. If it wasn't for the legendary items I got off the Norou event I wouldn't of even finished Levitya.

3 hours ago, Some other guy said:

The game rewards bloody minded grinding more than money in PvP, mainly because kobans are insanely expensive compared to what they get you. Maxing out your stats is very doable in the market if you grind the game. Maxing out your combat girls or for lower level having the best available is pretty achievable. If you plan ahead and save, you can nail the legendary girl, well maybe not the first, aside from truly horrible luck, but I can't see anyone blowing through a month and a half of free kobans or 2 months in the future only to be keen on paying money for a few more tries. The only way to PvP advantage from money is blowing 40 bucks on an epic spin and hope you get a legendary item in your stat and there are not too many people willing to do that. From what I've read a few years ago there is more money to be made targeting whales by making things expensive than targeting minnows by making things cheap, I guess typically the sort of people willing to open their wallets on average REALLY open their wallets. What that means is that there are very very few people running around with bought legendary single stat items beyond the free koban pick up and rare market place items. I've seen one guy with 2 [and 2 rainbows, KH to boot]. Just not a dominent factor.

I'm a free to play player too, sadly I haven't got to play Epic Pachinko once because I've been waiting to collect all the boss girls before playing. Too scared of getting a boss girl from EP to play. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 5:28 AM, Haile said:

I don't feel as strongly about the change as this fellow does, but basically he's right.  It took me months to build the ideal charm team, and now that investment is pretty worthless.  I'm very fortunate to have Beach Samane and Flight Attendant.  The best way I can think of helping to fix this is allowing players to choose the girl they get from the ten spins of Epic Pachinco rather than randomizing it.  Saving up for a solid month (since most of us aren't going to pay 50 Euros for the spin) shouldn't have a two in three shot (or worse) of yielding a girl that's unusable in combat.

Still, good on you for showing us the changes in a comprehensive Excel spreadsheet before the change.

Your saving up virtual currency, and not spending real world money on outrageous prices. Your opinion and your effort does NOT matter one bit. 
This game is going more and more to the road of making you feel forced to grab that wallet. That is extremely wrong way to keep players playing. Putting pressure on players that want to get girls and level them up. Making those who do not spend real world currency feel like second class citizen, and like they cannot achieve anything, or keep up with money spenders(which is true in booth cases). 
You don't have legendary girls which absolutely dominate and dwarf all others, no problem. Grab a credit card, spend your hard earner 100 euros to get almost three spins on EPIC PACHINKO. Get nothing of value for your money. It's pure, straight out planting the seeds of gambling, and making them sprout. 
That kind of attitude will cause exact opposite effect to the most of it's players, which won't grab credit card, but instead will straight out refuse to even use minor cost things such as monthly card, as no one enjoys feeling pressured and constantly behind.
I suppose that few that do spend big amount of money will keep it going, till the time comes when they are the only ones playing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valgo said:

This isn't RTS genre. As for those F2P who at top of the rank, they are at top of the rank because they grind harder. Not because they manage their resources.

Right... so I guess top rankers randomly use their money, kobans and items, they build their teams with whoever girl they find first, and they never pay attention to stats and those kind of things, because you know, this is not a RTS... 9_9

4 minutes ago, Jack_HH said:

Right... so I guess top rankers randomly use their money, kobans and items, they build their teams with whoever girl they find first, and they never pay attention to stats and those kind of things, because you know, this is not a RTS... 9_9

Yeah sure... tell me exactly how much strategy it takes to get into top 10 for money spent apart from collecting cash in time from your harem, fighting villain & pvp.

9_9

21 minutes ago, Oliver66 said:

I'm a free to play player too, sadly I haven't got to play Epic Pachinko once because I've been waiting to collect all the boss girls before playing. Too scared of getting a boss girl from EP to play. 

I did it two or three times, more out of boredom/impatience.

I was planning on doing it as you are but I just started Finalchicky and ignoring DL I still have 10 out of 18 to get not counting Finalwhatsherface and Professor Cthulhu. 2 of the 8 I got because of legendary girl from NS and going back to Bremen to get the extra cash needed to 4 star KH girl before the changeover.

At this rate it will take forever to finish everyone up including lots of slogging at lower levels.

I will wait to I clear out the final level girls, maybe the one before that and I will wait for events to try and clear out NS and Gunt. I will probably then just go epic and pound on the final boss like a salvation army drum. I would have assumed spending all your time ignoring events would yield 2 or 3 girls on average but for me it seems to be 1 and getting worse.

It is enough to make a maternal fornicator lose all maternal fornicating hope.

9 hours ago, Some other guy said:

Jeez

Anyone who updated a common girl, especially to 4 or 5 stars in the few weeks after the announcement of rarity girl doesn't deserve compensation. They deserve all the punishment they are getting. Willful ignorance of those who refused to check the notes and the stupidity of those who did and didn't react by focusing on legendary and epics or hording their resources should never be rewarded.

For those who are asking for compensation because you 4 or 5 stared a girl in the period AFTER the changes were announced as coming. Do you not have any shame? Any pride? Perhaps this is some hail mary move for extra free stuff.

You knew the changes were coming, You ignored it. Too bad so sad.

It needed to be said.

It was the same thing when they buffed up the second and third stats. People were complaining left right and center. Those of us who actually paid attention spent buttloads upgrading those stats in the market and made out like crazy. It was announced ages ago but apparently that isn't enough.

Pay attention to the announcements. Improvise, adapt, overcome.

The devs put them up for your benefit, ignoring it is a slap in the face to those efforts.

We've been following your activity and we see that most of your recent activity is actually trolling.
We kindly ask you to stop with that type of posts, spreading negativity.

If you don't like what we do, you can leave. There's no reason in staying here proving how ''bad'', ''wrong'' we are.

Your content will be reviewed from now on, for trolling and using vulgar language.

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

9 minutes ago, JessieChan said:

We've been following your activity and we see that most of your recent activity is actually trolling.
We kindly ask you to stop with that type of posts, spreading negativity.

If you don't like what we do, you can leave. There's no reason in staying here proving how ''bad'', ''wrong'' we are.

Your content will be reviewed from now on, for trolling and using vulgar language.

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

I was suggesting that you guys were providing fair warning about the change and people were wrong to demand compensation.

That post also got 5 likes and mostly agreement in posting since.

How this got turned into me trolling and how bad you guys are is beyond me.

But if you are going to insist on turning everything I do as an attack on you like you did the data collection thread, you might as well block me from posting all together because it's quite frankly getting old.

As for vulgarity, it's all over the place, even in the game where Bremen gets raped and an accomplice of the protagonist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PyramidHead said:

Your saving up virtual currency, and not spending real world money on outrageous prices. Your opinion and your effort does NOT matter one bit. 
This game is going more and more to the road of making you feel forced to grab that wallet. That is extremely wrong way to keep players playing. Putting pressure on players that want to get girls and level them up. Making those who do not spend real world currency feel like second class citizen, and like they cannot achieve anything, or keep up with money spenders(which is true in booth cases). 
You don't have legendary girls which absolutely dominate and dwarf all others, no problem. Grab a credit card, spend your hard earner 100 euros to get almost three spins on EPIC PACHINKO. Get nothing of value for your money. It's pure, straight out planting the seeds of gambling, and making them sprout. 
That kind of attitude will cause exact opposite effect to the most of it's players, which won't grab credit card, but instead will straight out refuse to even use minor cost things such as monthly card, as no one enjoys feeling pressured and constantly behind.
I suppose that few that do spend big amount of money will keep it going, till the time comes when they are the only ones playing.

I've made a few posts before defending the fact that this is a freemium game and this is just how Capitalism works.  I think my idea of non-random girls on ten spins would incline players to spend money so it'd be in Kinkoid's best interest to try that out.  Most of them still wouldn't pay to win, but this isn't exactly a AAA console title with professional sponsored tournaments so it's not a terribly big thing to get upset over if we get crushed by the few who do.

Edit: I don't know how much work actually coding my idea would take.

Edited by Haile

12 minutes ago, Haile said:

I've made a few posts before defending the fact that this is a freemium game and this is just how Capitalism works.  I think my idea of non-random girls on ten spins would incline players to spend money so it'd be in Kinkoid's best interest to try that out.  Most of them still wouldn't pay to win, but this isn't exactly a AAA console title with professional sponsored tournaments so it's not a terribly big thing to get upset over if we get crushed by the few who do.

Edit: I don't know how much work actually coding my idea would take.

If they didn't add this before they definitely aren't going to add it now unless each girl has a specific koban price to buy outright. Because now each girl is going to have a rarity attached to them and that would mean people could just purchase the legendary ones that come out every month in the events.

If they do something like this it will probably be located in the harem for a much higher cost. Since they're planning on making a full list for us of all girls in the haremverse, even those you haven't recruited yet,  and where to find them. Kinda like a pokedex. It would make sense to do outright purchases there instead of changing the mechanics of pachinko.

5 hours ago, Jack_HH said:

http://toucharcade.com/2015/09/16/we-own-you-confessions-of-a-free-to-play-producer/

And if you are a whale, we take Facebook stalking to a whole new level. You spend enough money, we will friend you. Not officially, but with a fake account. Maybe it’s a hot girl who shows too much cleavage? That’s us. We learned as much before friending you, but once you let us in, we have the keys to the kingdom. We will use everything to figure out how to sell to you. I remember we had a whale in one game that loved American Football despite living in Saudi Arabia. We built several custom virtual items in both his favorite team colors and their opponents, just to sell to this one guy. You better believe he bought them. And these are just vanity items. We will flat out adjust a game to make it behave just like it did last time the person bought IAP. Was a level too hard? Well now they are all that same difficulty.

On the hentai heroes server, there's one player who consistently gets scores in the boss-battle contests that would require him to fight twice as many boss battles as a free player could. I haven't added up what this would cost in real money, but it's a solid amount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Some other guy said:

I was suggesting that you guys were providing fair warning about the change and people were wrong to demand compensation.

That post also got 5 likes and mostly agreement in posting since.

How this got turned into me trolling and how bad you guys are is beyond me.

But if you are going to insist on turning everything I do as an attack on you like you did the data collection thread, you might as well block me from posting all together because it's quite frankly getting old.

As for vulgarity, it's all over the place, even in the game where Bremen gets raped and an accomplice of the protagonist.

To be clear, we do not intend on making this discussion endless.
We do not intend to have problems with you.

We want you to behave nice, not use vulgar language and spread negativity. Mutual respect.

And please, let's stop making the whole community read this, instead of focusing on the big updates. We have things to talk about, right? ;) 

That's all.

Great, thanks for destroying so many harems now... pretty much 90% of my girls will be crappy after this update.  And after grinding so much "charm" stuff, I'll probably have to reclass and re-grind, because my charm girls will become quite lame.

Thanks for nothing... in spite of all the work you put here, I think it was ill-planned in terms of keeping the balance of what was already in-game. Spent so much to get affection with the right girls and now they're all the wrong girls...lame.

• Like 2