Event girl drop rate

Zarroc

So, I've been trying to get Festival Solveig ever since the event started. Been buying recharges every day. The Dark Lord has dropped all his girls, but won't drop Solveig. What are the odds of getting an event girl? Also, for those of you who have already gotten her, how many attempts did it take you? I'm getting pretty nervous now, I really want Solveig and I don't want to miss out, especially as she's gonna be my first rare.

5 minutes ago, Zarroc said:

So, I've been trying to get Festival Solveig ever since the event started. Been buying recharges every day. The Dark Lord has dropped all his girls, but won't drop Solveig. What are the odds of getting an event girl? Also, for those of you who have already gotten her, how many attempts did it take you? I'm getting pretty nervous now, I really want Solveig and I don't want to miss out, especially as she's gonna be my first rare.

The drop rates are not known.
We do know that the regular Dark Lord girls drop far easier than the event girls will ever do.

Estimations for these event girls lie anywhere between 0.1% (the pessimists) to 0.5% (the optimists).

All I can say, is that you should never give up the hope as long as there is time.

39 minutes ago, elmek13 said:

I think maybe, will be drop easier. Or do it like HP (Health Point) Dark Lord. Then will be known when girls drop. :D What do you think.?

Yes, maybe you think. Maybe not. What in the world makes you think that knowing when you'll get a girl would make the gaming experience better? I have to admit that I don't really understand your HP-thingie, but if it's something to take the surprise out of the game, then please don't even bother to explain because (at least for me) the surprise effect when you get something special is one of the key features this game has (these lovely shapes appearing unexpectedly just out of the dark, mjamjam). Everything else would just be buying something. And rising the drop rate … meh, most event girls are obtainable with moderate effort. I don't see the need to rise it. Some safety function which grants the drop more or less if someone tried really hard and RNGesus just hates this guy even if he'd spent thousands of kobans… that would be ok, but making it too easy to get the girls would make the game just boring.

• Like 1

Man wtf the event is on the third day and is already there a topic complaining about droprates? What about you guys stop spending tons of kobans with refills and wait a little bit...if the event is on the 12nd day,you had fought every single time you could and didn't get all the girls...so you should come and acomplain about the drop rate. NOT ON THE THIRD DAY!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dsfs said:

Some safety function which grants the drop more or less if someone tried really hard and RNGesus just hates this guy even if he'd spent thousands of kobans… that would be ok, but making it too easy to get the girls would make the game just boring.

This.  We've been asking for this for a long time.  I've heard Jessie say that nobody will be happy until the drop rate is 100%, which I believe is just not true.  The challenge and (to a degree) the randomness is what makes it the game interesting and winning a girl exciting.  But a safety net, please Lord, a safety net.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sanjkame said:

Man wtf the event is on the third day and is already there a topic complaining about droprates? What about you guys stop spending tons of kobans with refills and wait a little bit...if the event is on the 12nd day,you had fought every single time you could and didn't get all the girls...so you should come and acomplain about the drop rate. NOT ON THE THIRD DAY!

12 days?  This event is only 7 days isn't it?

Personally, I have found Festival Solveig hard to obtain too.  She was the only event girl I failed to get last year, and I only finally managed to get her yesterday.  At this rate, if she were a legendary girl with a 3 day event, I wouldn't have gotten her... again

Edited by Kanki Kagonotori

I'm not finding the game much fun for this event...grinding on dark lord for 5 fucking days, still no girl. Where's the fun in that? Like every other person on this forum, let me be clear: THE DROP RATE IS TOO LOW. I'd go on, but I wanted to post this quick before the thread gets locked like any other that's critical of the game.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MisterCat said:

Like every other person on this forum, let me ...

I hate ppl pretending to know what everyone wants or should want. The only reason to close this thread is your post so far. Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MisterCat said:

I'm not finding the game much fun for this event...grinding on dark lord for 5 fucking days, still no girl. Where's the fun in that? Like every other person on this forum, let me be clear: THE DROP RATE IS TOO LOW. I'd go on, but I wanted to post this quick before the thread gets locked like any other that's critical of the game.

I think you are overestimating your support group.

If you have trouble finding fun in the game, then you should start to question why you are even playing the game.
It's RNG based, and it will stay RNG based for the foreseeable future.
That means that you might miss out on stuff.
You have to just accept things like that in a system like this.

• Sad 1

Obviously, RNG can be a pain.  The drop rate is low and you win based upon dumb luck.  I understand this and I think the majority of the players do, too.  I still believe that most of the complaining and outrage isn't due to the low drop rate, it's due to the lack of a safety net.  If you play the game continuously and do everything possible to obtain the girl within the time allotted by the game, I believe you should get the girl.  If you slack off, miss time in-game, or play the game poorly, that should be the reason why you fail to obtain the girl.  This is why people are mad.  Because they spend all their points on the low bosses, log in frequently to spend their points, and then (because of bad luck) get nothing.  Why do people complain on the second or third day of an event?  It's because every fight the girl doesn't drop you see your chances slipping away, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

If the devs want different girls to be more/less rare and easier/harder to acquire, they should design their acquisition based upon having more/less skill or strategy.  Instead they have designed their acquisition based upon having more/less dumb luck.

It's just about the end of the 4th day.  The event lasts for seven days.  I have put 100% of my points and effort into Edwarda, attempting (unsuccessfully)  to drop Festival Bonnie.  I haven't even had a chance to try for Festival Solvieg yet.  Could someone tell me at what point I am allowed to be concerned about not getting them and what point I am allowed to complain about the drop rate?  Is the 5th day soon enough?

Edited by YoyoHH
  • Like 2

Okay let's see if I can help you. In several revival events I have noticed that I usually win both with an average of 140 combats; for until drop rate is approx until 10% to 15%.

Isn't a bad drop rate for 7 days with 336 free refills if don't have a losing streak.

Well this is the first event that i havent got even 1 drop by the end of the 4th day on my main but hey 3 more days left yet and if lady luck isnt with me then meh.. they are not going to be used in battle so it just means that there are 2 less to upgrade. Ive got both on my alt Nutaku (first drops since 3rd day of mecha event) so seeing there scenes isnt a problem (thats one reason i have a HH and Nutaku acc, go for alt bosses when event starts). If no drop on main then there is always the next event to look forward too.

20 hours ago, YoyoHH said:

Obviously, RNG can be a pain.  The drop rate is low and you win based upon dumb luck.  I understand this and I think the majority of the players do, too.  I still believe that most of the complaining and outrage isn't due to the low drop rate, it's due to the lack of a safety net.  If you play the game continuously and do everything possible to obtain the girl within the time allotted by the game, I believe you should get the girl.  If you slack off, miss time in-game, or play the game poorly, that should be the reason why you fail to obtain the girl.  This is why people are mad.  Because they spend all their points on the low bosses, log in frequently to spend their points, and then (because of bad luck) get nothing.  Why do people complain on the second or third day of an event?  It's because every fight the girl doesn't drop you see your chances slipping away, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

If the devs want different girls to be more/less rare and easier/harder to acquire, they should design their acquisition based upon having more/less skill or strategy.  Instead they have designed their acquisition based upon having more/less dumb luck.

It's just about the end of the 4th day.  The event lasts for seven days.  I have put 100% of my points and effort into Edwarda, attempting (unsuccessfully)  to drop Festival Bonnie.  I haven't even had a chance to try for Festival Solvieg yet.  Could someone tell me at what point I am allowed to be concerned about not getting them and what point I am allowed to complain about the drop rate?  Is the 5th day soon enough?

I 100% agree w this. I'm becoming more frustrated w the low drop rate. Even more so after reading one fellow player's post about waiting a year to try again, luckily he finally did get her. Most ppl don't play these games 4 that long anyways. I'm on day 5 of a seven day event, been grinding relentlessly on the dark lord alone and still have to try 4 the second event girl. Kinda takes the fun out of the event. 

On 26/05/2018 at 4:21 PM, Kanki Kagonotori said:

12 days?  This event is only 7 days isn't it?

Personally, I have found Festival Solveig hard to obtain too.  She was the only event girl I failed to get last year, and I only finally managed to get her yesterday.  At this rate, if she were a legendary girl with a 3 day event, I wouldn't have gotten her... again

7 days=14 days

X days=12 days

X= 6 days Ok I hope you understand my basic mathematics...So you can complain on the 6th day

Edited by sanjkame

At the end of the day, this game is about the main story. The boss battles are extra content I guess, seeing that once you get 3 girls that fit your "element", that's about it for PvP extras, everything else is dumping all the cash into the avatar's battle stats.

So, yeah, fine. If the devs want to make RNG the overlord, they could say so, either as part of the story, or as a small unobtrusive link in the boss battle interface (specify the probability so we can verify it in practice*, and so we can decide if it's worth dumping all our energy in looking for a specific girl or just ignore the bait and keep progressing or grinding our current max boss), not bait-and-switch us with low rates at the start and bumps in the track like Edwarda's I saw on another thread. Because then everyone wonders if there's something wrong, and even the RNG defenders that I see this game has plenty of, can't tell if it's an actual bug in the code or just bad luck. It's a hidden function. Any RNG worth its salt that's not there to frustrate players but to increase the enjoyment of the game by adding variability, uses a ramping function with different slopes to account for relative rarity.

Examples:
- if the probability set for a drop is 1%, and after 200 attempts by the same person there's no drop, then yea, that RNG implementation is broken.
- if the probability is 0.1% and we have only around 350 chances at drawing that particular straw, then only addicted gamblers or those who have finished the story and their avatar development would want to try for it.
I understand variability, but I also know that RNGs are called pseudo-RNG for a reason. A decent implementation uses at least one historical value to determine the cut-off point on the random value returned by an OS or programming language function/method/utility. 

What happens for newbies like me, is that we get the gist of the game in the first 2-3 areas where the boss drops are decent (even surprisingly high compared to many similar phone, Flash and html5 games that go for the same RNG god nonsense), then we hit the Juy Sea... and it's dry :)

Then the events pass by with even lower drop rates, and we start to wonder if placing the good girls low on the list of regions is only an attempt at adding brakes on avatar advancement (lower on the list, lower reward even at max boss level).

In my opinion - and like any opinion, it's biased, in my case toward my own enjoyment, not game development :) - the events should place their girls in the top bosses that an avatar has reached. Yes, I see how that would require making extra models of all bosses for each event... or just make paper-doll clothes and accessories, and then all you have to do is specify where to place them on each boss, like it's done with the main scene that changes for each event.

I'll enjoy the game regardless. All I'm saying is that it's fair to let people decide in what feature to spend their time by providing them accurate data.
Different people have different gambling thresholds and are at different places in the game.
The same event affects all of us differently.

* crowd-sourcing quality control on features is a thing :) and nowadays everyone does it whether they try to or not

Edited by Zaelen
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Zaelen said:

So, yeah, fine. If the devs want to make RNG the overlord, they could say so, either as part of the story, or as a small unobtrusive link in the boss battle interface (specify the probability so we can verify it in practice*, and so we can decide if it's worth dumping all our energy in looking for a specific girl or just ignore the bait and keep progressing or grinding our current max boss), not bait-and-switch us with low rates at the start and bumps in the track like Edwarda's I saw on another thread. Because then everyone wonders if there's something wrong, and even the RNG defenders that I see this game has plenty of, can't tell if it's an actual bug in the code or just bad luck. It's a hidden function. Any RNG worth its salt that's not there to frustrate players but to increase the enjoyment of the game by adding variability, uses a ramping function with different slopes to account for relative rarity.

Examples:
- if the probability set for a drop is 1%, and after 200 attempts by the same person there's no drop, then yea, that RNG implementation is broken.
- if the probability is 0.1% and we have only around 350 chances at drawing that particular straw, then only addicted gamblers or those who have finished the story and their avatar development would want to try for it.
I understand variability, but I also know that RNGs are called pseudo-RNG for a reason. A decent implementation uses at least one historical value to determine the cut-off point on the random value returned by an OS or programming language function/method/utility. 

This is perfectly stated in just the right amount of detail.  This is why we want drop rates posted.  People who say "posting the drop rates won't help you" are not taking this into consideration.  Posted rates help us to 1) make informed decisions on how to spend combativity, and 2) help to recognize when the game is broken.