Kinkoids' survey! Results discussion

Meh, another way the whole thing was a disappointment.  They should have stated up front how many winners there would be, and at least paid out to half the players, let's be honest it's not like it actually costs them anything to load up the players wallets with 100/600 kobans.  On the upside (or not depending on how you view it)  it wasn't a ton of a payout so the people that didn't get lucky didn't miss a lot, just one free single EP pull.

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

That's exactly what it means.
And there is no link here to the other list, because hentaiheroes players wouldn't be in that list anyway xD

Actually I'd seen BOTH listings in the forums but in retrospect; that should have been "I'm not on the list either," instead of the way it came out.

Edited by Kuradur

"it's not like it actually costs them anything to load up the players wallets with 100/600 kobans." WHAT...? Seriously?

600 Kobans = $5.00 USD so if there's only 65,680 people playing, (or at least the Tower of Fame shows only that amount) giving one half of them 600 Kobans a piece would equal a $164,200 USD loss of revenue. ($5.00 USD x 32,840 / 2)

Not real good with "New Math" but how exactly does that equal nothing...? I'm confused. O.o

Edited by Kuradur
Can't type today... LOL

il y a 58 minutes, Kuradur a dit :

"it's not like it actually costs them anything to load up the players wallets with 100/600 kobans." WHAT...? Seriously?

600 Kobans = $5.00 USD so if there's only 65,680 people playing, (or at least the Tower of Fame shows only that amount) giving one half of them 600 Kobans a piece would equal a $164,200 USD loss of revenue. ($5.00 USD x 32,840 / 2)

Not real good with "New Math" but how exactly does that equal nothing...? I'm confused. O.o

Wrong 
You start with the basis of "if all players was paying for those 600 kobans, it will be a loss of"
But if no player will pay for this, it's not a loss of revenue, because there is no revenue from the basis, so there is no loss
There will be a loss if Kinkoïd pay for giving kobans but it's not the case 

Edited by Bigka
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Kuradur said:

Bigka already explained part of my thinking.  There is literally nothing spent to give us kobans.  There's expenses in paying the artists, writers, programmers, and server upkeep expenses.  But to actually change a bit of code to give everyone a fictional currency, that costs nothing.  Here's the other part

How many active players are there?  ToF shows what everyone?  And how many are dead accounts?  Maybe it would have been better to say everyone that filled out the survey should have gotten a payout.  I guarantee you not all those 65,680 players completed it.  And then there's also the fact that many players will NEVER be paying accounts and some already easily pay in more than 5 bucks a month, plus the patrion supporters which is where I think most the real financial support for this game comes from.

One last note.  From what I hear, last year all players got gifted x number of kobans.  Think of Kobans like a service provided in the sense that both don't have an actual material value, just a value that gets placed on them by the people that own them.

18 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

Meh, another way the whole thing was a disappointment.  They should have stated up front how many winners there would be, and at least paid out to half the players, let's be honest it's not like it actually costs them anything to load up the players wallets with 100/600 kobans.  On the upside (or not depending on how you view it)  it wasn't a ton of a payout so the people that didn't get lucky didn't miss a lot, just one free single EP pull.

So, you're actually saying we need to pay our players for entering our survey?
Because it sounds a bit crazy. When a big company like Twitter asks you for your opinion on the product do they send money to you? See, it's the thing. Instead of being happy that we even offered kobans to our players, you're trolling on us, without being fair. 

We did a survey, not a ''payout for people that didn't get lucky''. We're not going to do that. But, we're going to keep improving the game and giving more opportunities to players.

Have a nice day,
Jessie

9 hours ago, JessieChan said:

Because it sounds a bit crazy. When a big company like Twitter asks you for your opinion on the product do they send money to you? See, it's the thing. Instead of being happy that we even offered kobans to our players, you're trolling on us, without being fair. 

We did a survey, not a ''payout for people that didn't get lucky''. We're not going to do that. But, we're going to keep improving the game and giving more opportunities to players.

Have a nice day,
Jessie

not really often do that but here need to defend kinkoids position. its not the idea behind a competition that everyone will get a prize. and they dont need to do it at all. the r nice to the playerbase and gave everybody a fair chance. if sb is not selected thats a shame and bad luck, but hey .... thats life. u cant be always lucky :D

12 minutes ago, BananaJoy said:

not really often do that but here need to defend kinkoids position. its not the idea behind a competition that everyone will get a prize. and they dont need to do it at all. the r nice to the playerbase and gave everybody a fair chance. if sb is not selected thats a shame and bad luck, but hey .... thats life. u cant be always lucky :D

Well... I would say the ones who are selected have good luck.
It wasn't really a big chance xD

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JessieChan said:

Have a nice day,
Jessie

Oh I got under your skin with that one?  Well sorry, but out of all the gacha games I play, this is the most stingy with it's currency.  And considering the fact that on the first year anniversary everyone got gifted kobans, I feel that yes, everyone should have gotten a participation award rather than filling out a survey and they might win something.  If you have to bribe players to fill out your survey what's the harm in giving them a incentive not left up to chance?  You already 'paid' 60 people and 'paid' isn't even the right term because it doesn't actually cost you all anything to bump up a few users koban total.

And yes I know, 'daily missions, contests, weekly ToF rankings, we do give free kobans all the time'.

But level with me here.  I have played A LOT of these 'gatcha' style games.  I compare how this game does in comparison to those other games, and frankly I feel HH does just barely enough of what should be 'mandatory' for these games.  So yes, sorry but I'm going to be hard on this game and the practices I see, small dev team or not.  And yes, other games of this nature will often pay out extra bonuses of their in game currency, often just for the hell of it.  That's how I view things.

13 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

Oh I got under your skin with that one?  Well sorry, but out of all the gacha games I play, this is the most stingy with it's currency.  And considering the fact that on the first year anniversary everyone got gifted kobans, I feel that yes, everyone should have gotten a participation award rather than filling out a survey and they might win something.  If you have to bribe players to fill out your survey what's the harm in giving them a incentive not left up to chance?  You already 'paid' 60 people and 'paid' isn't even the right term because it doesn't actually cost you all anything to bump up a few users koban total.

And yes I know, 'daily missions, contests, weekly ToF rankings, we do give free kobans all the time'.

But level with me here.  I have played A LOT of these 'gatcha' style games.  I compare how this game does in comparison to those other games, and frankly I feel HH does just barely enough of what should be 'mandatory' for these games.  So yes, sorry but I'm going to be hard on this game and the practices I see, small dev team or not.  And yes, other games of this nature will often pay out extra bonuses of their in game currency, often just for the hell of it.  That's how I view things.

Not going to agree with you.
1. A survey reward for a lucky few is completely unrelated to the gifted kobans during last year's anniversary. So the conclusion that we should all get kobans from filling in the survey, because last year everyone got kobans for the anniversary event, is nonsensical.
2. There shouldn't need to be an incentive to fill in a survey about a game you play. If everybody would get kobans, because they filled in a survey, then you are setting the bar very low on the answers given to the survey. It will lead to players just filling it in on the last second, because they will get kobans. That is not the purpose of a survey. in fact, there shouldn't even be a reward.
3. "Out of all gacha games I play, this is the most stingy with its currency"... nice case of cherry picking.
4. "I compare how this game does in comparison to those other games, and frankly I feel HH does just barely enough of what should be 'mandatory' for these games." Again, cherry picking to make it profitable for you. The reason why I say this, is because players automatically stop playing these kind of games if the premium currency that you can get for free isn't big enough. The fact that people keep playing this game suggests that the payout of the kobans is large enough, which makes your whole argument null and void.

1 minute ago, Chthugha said:

Not going to agree with you.
1. A survey reward for a lucky few is completely unrelated to the gifted kobans during last year's anniversary. So the conclusion that we should all get kobans from filling in the survey, because last year everyone got kobans for the anniversary event, is nonsensical.
2. There shouldn't need to be an incentive to fill in a survey about a game you play. If everybody would get kobans, because they filled in a survey, then you are setting the bar very low on the answers given to the survey. It will lead to players just filling it in on the last second, because they will get kobans. That is not the purpose of a survey. in fact, there shouldn't even be a reward.
3. "Out of all gacha games I play, this is the most stingy with its currency"... nice case of cherry picking.
4. "I compare how this game does in comparison to those other games, and frankly I feel HH does just barely enough of what should be 'mandatory' for these games." Again, cherry picking to make it profitable for you. The reason why I say this, is because players automatically stop playing these kind of games if the premium currency that you can get for free isn't big enough. The fact that people keep playing this game suggests that the payout of the kobans is large enough, which makes your whole argument null and void.

1. I don't see it as totally nonsensical.  Many agree that kobans should have been paid out, if not in the event directly then with the survey that came out alongside it, that was my main point.  I think even you or george agreed on this point.  And I'm not saying they should be handed out like candy all the time, but for special occasions

2. On this I agree, even putting everyone into a raffle caused people no doubt to fill it out last second trying to get extra kobans for the anniversary event, hoping the payout would be before it ended.  I know it sounds like I'm contradicting myself, but yes the survey should just be a survey and koban payouts should be because 'why the hell not'.  I feel the results of the poll are devalued, and I think kobans were offered because the last time a poll was held, maybe the turnout was poor?

3 and 4.  How am I cherry picking? How many examples shall I cite for you?  I have no problem listing every gatcha game I've played and how I felt they preformed weather I still play them or not.  Likewise you are free to point out other gacha games you are familiar with, and at the end of it we'll probably conclude HH is somewhere in the middle, which is fine, if you're okay with the game being average.  Also do you have access to the data of how many people still actively play this game?  If we don't know the turnover rate for HH, then we can't really conclude if it's successful or not in maintaining most players, or loosing them.  For me personally, yeah I'll admit there's enough free premium currency in the game to do a 10 EP spin a month if you never miss your daily missions.  That is proven.  I'm also really good at binding my time and saving up.  Many players are, or you have the whales that will just pay for what they want.  However there's also the girl drop rates to consider.  People keep playing not just because of kobans, but because of how fast they can get girls from events.  If that stays high, then the events are a bigger hook than the kobans are.  At this point, this post is going off in a different direction which honestly deserves it's own thread for analyzing properly why people play this game and how it could be improved beyond just the koban payout.

5 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

1. I don't see it as totally nonsensical.  Many agree that kobans should have been paid out, if not in the event directly then with the survey that came out alongside it, that was my main point.  I think even you or george agreed on this point.  And I'm not saying they should be handed out like candy all the time, but for special occasions

2. On this I agree, even putting everyone into a raffle caused people no doubt to fill it out last second trying to get extra kobans for the anniversary event, hoping the payout would be before it ended.  I know it sounds like I'm contradicting myself, but yes the survey should just be a survey and koban payouts should be because 'why the hell not'.  I feel the results of the poll are devalued, and I think kobans were offered because the last time a poll was held, maybe the turnout was poor?

3 and 4.  How am I cherry picking? How many examples shall I cite for you?  I have no problem listing every gatcha game I've played and how I felt they preformed weather I still play them or not.  Likewise you are free to point out other gacha games you are familiar with, and at the end of it we'll probably conclude HH is somewhere in the middle, which is fine, if you're okay with the game being average.  Also do you have access to the data of how many people still actively play this game?  If we don't know the turnover rate for HH, then we can't really conclude if it's successful or not in maintaining most players, or loosing them.  For me personally, yeah I'll admit there's enough free premium currency in the game to do a 10 EP spin a month if you never miss your daily missions.  That is proven.  I'm also really good at binding my time and saving up.  Many players are, or you have the whales that will just pay for what they want.  However there's also the girl drop rates to consider.  People keep playing not just because of kobans, but because of how fast they can get girls from events.  If that stays high, then the events are a bigger hook than the kobans are.  At this point, this post is going off in a different direction which honestly deserves it's own thread for analyzing properly why people play this game and how it could be improved beyond just the koban payout.

The only thing they should've said in advance is how many would get a small koban reward for filling in the survey (either percentage wise or just a fixed number).
It just remains true that the conclusion was a wrong one there.

I'm not particularly agreeing on getting kobans during the anniversary event.
I was saying I wouldn't mind free kobans, because I would lie if I said otherwise..
It would have been a good message to the player base if they did give some kind of reward during the anniversary event.
The most logical choice would be kobans, but it could also have been something like a full legendary set (similar to revival events, but then legendary), or a free 10 games Epic Pachinko spin.
Let's just say that they could've given out a present of some kind, but that's food for the anniversary event thread, not this thread.

Now the reason I say you are cherry picking, is because 1. I've seen these kind of arguments before, but nobody ever comes with backup of their stories and 2. people seem to forget about all those terrible gacha games out there. For every game you will name, there's a dozen terrible ones. So to proof your points, you only name the games you play, which probably are the good ones to begin with.
Another reason why it is a terrible comparison, is because this game offers more to you for free already than most gacha games ever do. Those "good" gacha games need to hand out premium currency, because otherwise f2p players wouldn't be able to do anything at all, because everything is locked behind gacha.

I would say, make that thread: why do you keep playing this game, and what is the main thing you want to see changed?
I think Jessie would appreciate it, because that's actually some valuable feedback.

34 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

The only thing they should've said in advance is how many would get a small koban reward for filling in the survey (either percentage wise or just a fixed number).

I was saying I wouldn't mind free kobans, because I would lie if I said otherwise..
It would have been a good message to the player base if they did give some kind of reward during the anniversary event.
The most logical choice would be kobans, but it could also have been something like a full legendary set (similar to revival events, but then legendary), or a free 10 games Epic Pachinko spin.
Let's just say that they could've given out a present of some kind, but that's food for the anniversary event thread, not this thread.

Now the reason I say you are cherry picking, is because 1. I've seen these kind of arguments before, but nobody ever comes with backup of their stories and 2. people seem to forget about all those terrible gacha games out there. For every game you will name, there's a dozen terrible ones. So to proof your points, you only name the games you play, which probably are the good ones to begin with.
Another reason why it is a terrible comparison, is because this game offers more to you for free already than most gacha games ever do. Those "good" gacha games need to hand out premium currency, because otherwise f2p players wouldn't be able to do anything at all, because everything is locked behind gacha.

I would say, make that thread: why do you keep playing this game, and what is the main thing you want to see changed?
I think Jessie would appreciate it, because that's actually some valuable feedback.

1. yeah would be nice for next time that it is said in the announcement or somewhere else official how many prizes r given out

2. free kobans was given for patreons. depends on the length of the patreonship. it doesnt count the tier at all. so even 5 usd patreon get kobans - i think for the patreons is a good thing to know that even if u dont get regulary kobans as smallest tier ur loyalty would be rewarded. i know last time we all players got a bonus but its was not really said that this will be happen again. waht i wish for next time is some special offers like koban packages for reduced price or playing ep for less than normal price. i mean this is a very special event so some offers would be nice.

3. and yeah i agree. some games have really terrible drop rate. once played a game where the chance to get a special hero was about 2% and to upgrade him u needed 2 more and the last upgrade even 3 more. so in total u needed 6 times the same hero.

4. but in total i liked the anniversery event. compared to last time u have the chance to get lot of girls from the event bosses, which r mostly cheaper then ep. so for price of 10x ep u could get 2-3 girls from bosses. yes we didnt get any extra reward as normal players but to think that last time even with the bonus u only could get girls from the ep, this is really an improvement. the only thing is that the number of girls was bit disappointing. was hoping for more girls given out. especially the old events.

Edited by BananaJoy

2 hours ago, Chthugha said:

I've gone ahead and made a thread about why we play this game, and I'll make a seperate thread for other gatcha games so as to not keep crowding up this one.

Ok, so what were the results of the SURVEY?

I don't care who won a pittance of kobans. What did the SURVEY tell them? What decisions did they make based off it?

Could we - I dunno - discuss the TOPIC of the post?

• Like 1