test server

Gacek

1 hour ago, nrp said:

As it turns out, you *don't* need to burn kobans to get into the League. Rules on the test server are different:

1. anyone gets added to League, you don't have to be level 20 -- I was added at ~16

2. League resets every 24 hours, not every 2 weeks

Yeah, fortunately I realized that just after I posted, found the League was already showing up for me and the refresh timers were different from what I'd been told. But it seems to be working perfectly, for now.

The first league finished and I was 4th, but then it said I wasn't active enough and couldn't join a league for this second round.

If they shortened the league time for the test server, but didn't shorten the expectations for generating new leagues then it may think that the new leagues for level 2 all need to have been active in the last 2 weeks and so when it tried to generate new leagues for the second round, nobody qualified.

That or it just hates me?

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 10.38.52 PM.png

6 minutes ago, miliallia said:

How can Thoreus boost lv and upgrade his stat on test server in one week.

The test server isn't new, they've had people on it for months and months (primarily patreons being the new addition, but they invited on a bunch of established players ages back). They just needed more people in order to test leagues properly, so opened it to the masses.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Aardappel said:

Does everybody get a limited supply of kobans? Seems a little dumb for a test server. Most test servers give you every day a new supply of currency/resources.

Well the most obvious answer is because people would abuse that to just obtain all premium content in the game, on the test server. 

Besides, everything can be tested either with new accounts with the initial cache of Kobans, or the people that make a habit of maintaining a more permanent account without the need for an injection of resources. There is no need for a daily boost.

I have no idea when or why this became a general thread for test server related stuff after the initial question posed in it, but you managed to dig it up after more than a year of no activity. And I am now locking it.

• Like 2

• Darsca locked this topic