General Feedback

Skiron

i think this subforum might need a collection thread for small bits of feedback, so i start with this:

- i really like that the ToF updates every hour. i hope we will see this on the live server as well.

it would even minimize that 4-hour spot on sundays, where your actions dont count forward ToF (if that is still a thing).

- i admit it is not extremely neccessary, but a counter for the league points on the town screen / overview would be nice.

- regarding work and sleep times i think five league points, aka five hours til max reload, is a bit short.

i would say on the live server with bigger groups eight points / hours could be a fair compromise.

• Thanks 1

this league feature implies to things for me:

• I have to check ToF on monday morning to not loosing opportunities for kobans
  • the high number of XP is a nice compensation for what I do now: I open ToF only if there is an event getting XP or there won't be one until end of week.

right now the matching looks like a test server - lvl 5 to 400 in same league.

positive thing spotted:

• in settings you already can switch forth and back if you wanna have "really pay kobans" or not.
Edited by windia

Pros: 

- I really like the tactical aspect of fighting in the league. (Chosing the first targets according to strength) this makes for really great gameplay

- the rewards are appropriate and good not only for the winner

- I like the hourly refresh of the TOF

- interface. I like that you can compare your stats in the league screen

Cons:

- in the blog post it was stated that there will be groups between 100 and 199 people in the leagues. With 100 people you would barely be able to fight every opponent 3 times within 14 days without using kobans. That is a good number I feel. Because koban use would be only needed for tactical advantages, with 200 in one league it would be simply pay to win and no one who wants to use kobans on epic pachinko would even have a chance of progressing through the leagues. So I hope the groups will be no larger than 100 people. Otherwise this great feature would really suck...

All in all I really look forward to seeing this feature in the game because it makes for great gameplay.

Edited by wurstbrot

13 hours ago, wurstbrot said:

Cons:

- in the blog post it was stated that there will be groups between 100 and 199 people in the leagues. With 100 people you would barely be able to fight every opponent 3 times within 14 days without using kobans. That is a good number I feel. Because koban use would be only needed for tactical advantages, with 200 in one league it would be simply pay to win and no one who wants to use kobans on epic pachinko would even have a chance of progressing through the leagues. So I hope the groups will be no larger than 100 people. Otherwise this great feature would really suck...

All in all I really look forward to seeing this feature in the game because it makes for great gameplay.

i disagree. the xp reward is huge. this is a really good thing to farm xp. and its cheap as well. if u do the same in the arena it will cost much more.

1 hour ago, BananaJoy said:

i disagree. the xp reward is huge. this is a really good thing to farm xp. and its cheap as well. if u do the same in the arena it will cost much more.

Still. If you were only able to fight half the contestants without kobans. The winner would always be the one who pays the most kobans, no matter has a good everyone else is. And that would make the whole thing uninteresting, except as an XP farm. And I don't think it is just supposed to be that, but an exciting contest.

7 minutes ago, wurstbrot said:

Still. If you were only able to fight half the contestants without kobans. The winner would always be the one who pays the most kobans, no matter has a good everyone else is. And that would make the whole thing uninteresting, except as an XP farm. And I don't think it is just supposed to be that, but an exciting contest.

ur not forced to take part. on the life servers u have 2 weeks time for that and u cant do it unlimited times. so whats ur point? ofc sb who would pay will have an advantage. thats called life ^^

If paying money to win isn't "life!" With that logic, you think it's a good thing to show off how much you make to win a game of a Football? What about a Zelda game? Oh well, I can't beat this dungeon, let me just pay my way through it. By bother showing my skill and dedication to a game? You have 2x more stats then me, they actually have an amazing team? Throw $50 at the Devs, I deserve to win, WA!

Every hear about a bird that flew too close to the sun? That's exactly what happened to EA with Star Wars Battlefront 2! EA didn't know when to quit with adding things people don't like. Then everyone loss their minds when it was pay to win (& loot boxes, but that's besides the point). You and your mentality is what is wrong with video games these days! Why can't we have a fun and enjoyable game where the only thing separating you from me is skill? Why are you wanting to support such a broken and corrupted system that is pay to win.

Grow up and think about someone other than yourself for once @BananaJoy!

@BananaJoy Are you actually going to be spending money to win? Money isn't a way of competing is a game of any kind! Games SHOULD be about skill and dedication. Money SHOULDN'T be a short cut to getting there. Any game that implemented this stupid idea didn't do so well, making people quit, or the back lash.

For the love of all that you are worth, do some homework before you speak. I would like to actually have a decent conversation about this topic with someone who knows what they are taking about. At the very least make a counter argument!

Edited by Yamamura

51 minutes ago, BananaJoy said:

i said to get an advantage. if u do it or not is your decision. its my way of thinking. u have your opinion and i have mine. and i can say the same. u dont want to pay ok. thats fine. but than dont complain that u cant compete. 

You always have an advantage when you are using kobans be it with 100 or 200 people in a group. You have better equipment, more girls, more money, better stats. Also you can use kobans tactically for example if you take out your strongest opponents while you have boosters going. And that is fine. But if there's 200 people in a group, kobans are the only thing that counts towards winning. An advantage is fine but it can't be the only winning argument, not because I'm cheap(you can make the needed kobans just by completing the daily missions in two weeks), but because the contest just doesn't make sense any more gameplay wise.

Edited by wurstbrot
  • Like 1

the actual tries to fix the inactivety bug within the league brought up a question to me:

how is it supposed to be later on in a two-week-league if someone really has to be inactive for a few days?

will he have to wait up to two weeks for a new league or will will the system try to squeeze him in on a daily base or sth like that?

Based on the patch notes, specifically this bit

Whenever a player is getting his level 20, he will be placed automatically in the Wanker I, the lowest league, at the beginning of the next season.

I'd assume you have to wait 2 weeks to get into a league if you aren't placed in one for whatever reason