Who are Silvanus and Bremen based on?

I realize that the bosses of each world are based on characters from different things, but I'm having a hard time figuring out who Silvanus and Bremen are supposed to be parodies of.  I know or can give a good guess as to who the others are based on:

• The Dark Lord - Ganon/Ganondorf
  • Ninja Spy - Sasuke Uchiha
  • Gruntt - Bowser
  • Edwarda - Kuro
  • Donatien - Sōsuke Aizen
  • Silvanus - ?
  • Bremen - ?
  • Finalmecia - Rita Repulsa?
  • Fredy Sih Roko Senseï - Korosensei

Anyone mind filling in the blanks for me?  You'll have to forgive me if I don't know or get every single reference in this game.

Sylvanus is i believe from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Since transformations in that game are a theme, it makes sense that he's trying to chase you down as well to transform you.

Bremen is the Pied Piper of Hamelin, with the name being a reference to a different story by the Brothers Grimm: The Town Musicians of Bremen.

Finalmecia is a reference to Ultimecia from Final Fantasy 8, with Zoe being Selphie (FF8), Refias/Refirith being Sephiroth (FF7), that sort of thing. The entire area's basically themed after an RPG too.

* Disclaimer: I may be wrong on a few accounts, but this is just my opinion...

Edited by Makinen
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2018 at 6:13 PM, Makinen said:

Bremen is the Pied Piper of Hamelin, with the name being a reference to a different story by the Brothers Grimm: The Town Musicians of Bremen.

I am pretty sure that Bremen is Erigor from Fairy Tail since entire Hamelin town is a reference to this anime. They look alike and Erigor also uses a magial flute to complete his villainous scheme. But it's quite possible that the anime itself took an idea for a character from Grimm's tales.

• Like 1

The majority of plains of ritual, as I see it, takes his inspiration from Final Fantasy VIII.

The starting scroll is set into a building similar to Balamb Garden; their briefer, Virginia (avaliable in epic pachinko) is ispired from Quistis; as already said, Zoe is ispired from Selphie; Salem and Edna are exceptions, as they come from Lulu and Rikku of Final Fantasy X; Finalmecia as already said is inspired from Ultimecia; Refias is the anagram of Seifer, and Refirith is quite obviously inspired to Sephiroth mutations in Final Fantasy VII (to not mention his passing from ally to the witch champion); the cave of fire is the first mission in Final Fantasy VIII; the SeeD exam takes place in an almost deserted city and in the following assassination mission the boss is an undead similar to a zombie (elements reshuffled in the Trapped City scroll); the Yonaguni ruins remembers a fusion between the Centra ruins and the city of Esthar; the portal to Shokushu dimension resembles the portals outside Ultimecia's Castle. And probably there are others that i forgot or I didn't catch.

Edited by Observer_X
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Dear Fellow Players and Schediaphiliacs (aka Toonophiliacs), 

My source of information is either the French Wiki or Fandom Wiki

Bremen is a reference to Eligoal and Lullaby from the manga Fairy Tail        WEBPAGE    FRENCH http://hentaiheroes.wikidot.com/bremen

This is supported by the Fandom page

Silvanus is based on the Skull Kid from The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time     WEBPAGE FRENCH http://hentaiheroes.wikidot.com/silvanus

From the Fandom page on Zelda it is very obvious that this is the same character

Could not find anything definite about Fredy Sih Roko Senseï -FSRS - at Heroes University but I'm looking into your Korosensei 

Play On Tomthe Bomb