Patch Notes 31/10/18 Discussion

Mika Kinkoid

I guess I like previous Akama more. But I like the new one anyway. But her previous butt was very gucci. But I'll accept the current one eventually. Even though her previous overall appearance was way cuter, in my opinion. But hey, it's chocolate Shiro and I love it.

I can't help but notice that the patch notes are quiet on how the increase of the energy meter maximum will work now. Unchanged, i.e. +2 points on each level-up until the maximum is 100? Or is that going to be different, now that the starting value will be 50?

3 hours ago, Arvelak said:

It seems weird to me that they gave the vampire character a tan in this new version... that goes against the concept of what vampires are suppose to be about.

She could be based on a certin comic book. In that one the vampire was around 400 years old and no longer bothered by the sun which she said does wonders for her tan

6 hours ago, jdagger13 said:

Also, with the energy, will we ever receive refills based on leveling up?

We will get partial refills of 10 energy every level. That is what is explained in the patch notes

45 minutes ago, jaysen said:

She could be based on a certin comic book. In that one the vampire was around 400 years old and no longer bothered by the sun which she said does wonders for her tan

She's from Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines http://vtmb.wikia.com/wiki/Therese_Voerman

Seeing as how I'm approaching level 190 and am not sure if I will reach it before the patch, there is a good chance I will miss out on 90 energy because of this.  I'm sure other people in a similar situation will have the same thing happen.  Something like this will occur for everyone not currently starting out or at a level divisible by ten.

40 minutes ago, Houghten said:

Did this patch adjust item stats again too? The hat I got from the Dark Fantasies revival is slightly less Hardcore than the hat I got from the Back to School revival, six levels prior.

If you read the patch notes you would know that it is not even out yet.

Items have random stats so it is possible to get higher level items with worse stats this has been around ever since they made it so players could level past level 40.

Made it to level 190, so my post about losing energy is moot for me.

Since they weren't specific about the energy and xp rebalance in the adventure, I'm not sure whether to wait and save some energy or go ahead and expend it all in the hope of getting more xp.

Anyone on with thoughts on this?  Only a couple hours to decide.

2 hours ago, Gambit126 said:

Made it to level 190, so my post about losing energy is moot for me.

Since they weren't specific about the energy and xp rebalance in the adventure, I'm not sure whether to wait and save some energy or go ahead and expend it all in the hope of getting more xp.

Anyone on with thoughts on this?  Only a couple hours to decide.

It doesn't matter what you do. You'll soon enough run out of storyline and then the energy bar just sits there being useless. Hence the reason for this patch, I assume.

I'd say: if you want the storyline girl (Laenelle being the last available) go spend energy. Otherwise you might consider rationing energy for specific contests where spending energy might make a difference.

I'm already on World 10 and for my current quest the energy required didn't change but the xp more than doubled.

Putting that aside for the moment though, there were evidently a few other changes  not mentioned in the patch notes.

They changed the layout on the league page but still could not be bothered to make the timer readable nor move it to the front page with all the other timers.

They also did something that once again reordered girls on the harem list.

Now, getting back to the energy issue, I realize when I catch up with the story it will sit there uselessly until the story is continued, which at this point is probably the next world.  So yeah, it didn't really matter what I did beyond achieving level 190.

35 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

The patch notes don't mention a max on energy. Did I overlook it somehow or does that mean there is no max, perhaps?

That would fill some end of game players with pleasure, I'm sure.

Last bullet under the General section: "These points will be added to the current amount of energy, even if it exceeds the maximum of energy. "