Leaderboard rank rewards need adjustments

Vem

Last week I was in S2 and got 64 kobans (Nutaku version) for being in top 15. Then I got promoted to S3 and only got 13 kobans for being 61-75. Since I get nothing else out of it, it is actually better for me to stay in lower rank to get better rewards. This should never be the case.

Moe is right. And I agree with you, Vem. The league table rewards overlapping for more than two thirds with the ones from the previous and the next grade in the leagues IMHO are simply illogic, and furthermore cause players to seek the demotion on purpose, a "tactic" that I am really beginning to hate. If one gets promoted, in a fair judgement he is supposed to get better rewards independently from the position he ends in his new tier. Conversely, if one gets demoted, he is supposed to get worse rewards independently from the fact he ends last or gets promoted again. I could understand if the promotion reward from a lower tier would coincide with the demotion reward from the next upper tier, that may make at least a bit of sense, but a similar overlapping of the reward tables makes only me feel teased.

I agree with everything said above and would like to add that there are some serious xp distortions as well. My current situation is I am 2nd in S1 and would be about 15th last in the S2 I just got demoted out of. My visit to S2 cost me about 1.2 levels in addition to the missed kobans. So my choice is:

• S1, drop to 16th, 114 kobans, 90% of total available xp
  • S2, max effort, 0 kobans, 30% of total available xp

While I think adjusting the koban rewards is a good idea it is even more important to address the xp penalty.

Right now I think I get about 150/200 xp for a win vs a level 200/300.

Maybe 50/400 would be a better idea? A level 246 (like me) dogging it in S1 should get far fewer points for squashing a level 200 and far more xp for scoring a win against a level 300. This way a low level player in a high league would earn more xp from the few wins they did get and high level players loafing in a low league would pay with lower xp totals.

Maybe you should just get more xp for a win in a higher league? Maybe 150/200 in S1 becomes 200/250 in S2 against the same level opponent?