Christmas Is Back! Discussion

Mythos

No chance of getting bored in a hurry, the events are packed in tight each month now! Regarding this event, a first for me, I already have gained both boss girls - a nice change from the past few events that have cost me a lot of kobans. A very nice outcome...😉

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Huangover said:

No chance of getting bored in a hurry, the events are packed in tight each month now! Regarding this event, a first for me, I already have gained both boss girls - a nice change from the past few events that have cost me a lot of kobans. A very nice outcome...😉

Gratz. Always nice when that happens.

17 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

That's something I've worried about, too.  It's the summer and busy season coming up here and I may miss out on a mission girl as a result.  My biggest gripe is that we miss out on two extra days of event mission rewards (ie kobans).  As they are cramming more and more into the months I fear that these truncated events have already become the norm.

15 hours ago, TeeJay said:

I hope this doesn't become the new norm. I like the mini events sometimes but they also put a lot of pressure on if you want to keep collecting up the new, most advanced girl that comes out. And I didn't even think about the loss of 2 days of possible kobans.

Well, here's hoping that they're just testing things out and will review and see what's working and what isn't.

It's not really 2 days of lost kobans. Because those extra two days are added on to two other events this month. The loss of day 13 and 14 means losing the 120 & 126 koban mission. Assuming that both added days have koban missions, the day 5 mission rewards 108 kobans. 120+126-108-108 (because two events) = 30. A reduction of 30 kobans per month. Very minimal.

Seeing as we used to get 480 kobans from the 7 day revivals we used to have, two 5 day revivals give us 684 kobans. We're actually improved from the old system. I'm alright with a few adjustments as long as it ends up no worse off than the 14 day main event and 7 day revival period.

Only one mini event gives new girls. The others are just reruns of old events. They might be new to you, but they're not one of the 'most advanced girls'.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, natstar said:

You have to do all 12 daily koban missions or you miss out on the new version of the daily mission event girl Santa Claudia version 2.
They did it so they could increase the 4-day revival events in this month into 5-day events.

The two five day events in this month are revival events from the 2016 and 2017 Christmas events and the only 4-day event is the new legendary days event with a new know-how legendary.5 star girl.   (Don't go spending too many kobans because you will have to be lucky to get the new legendary without doing combativity refills)
image.png.be62a8c86e2b2f281a39ab278be9d054.png

Thanks for sharing.

Still, if they reduce the days of the event, they could also reduce the number of completed tasks to get the event girl. If they were 12 of 14, they could now do 11 of 12, to give a little bit of room.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, natstar said:

You have to do all 12 daily koban missions or you miss out on the new version of the daily mission event girl Santa Claudia version 2.
They did it so they could increase the 4-day revival events in this month into 5-day events.

The two five day events in this month are revival events from the 2016 and 2017 Christmas events and the only 4-day event is the new legendary days event with a new know-how legendary.5 star girl.   (Don't go spending too many kobans because you will have to be lucky to get the new legendary without doing combativity refills)

That is a very good point re. saving kobans for Legendary Days.  In my KH accounts I've been incredibly lucky, having got Norou in all 4 without spending any kobans (although for two I had to wait for a second chance at getting her).  I fear my luck has to run out this time round.  However, I've nearly saved up enough kobans to have a worthwhile go at getting the Carotts and Lupa in EP for this event, and it sounds like there is a 5 day revival happening before the Legendary Days to allow a koban rebuild.  Here's hoping.

• Like 1

Xmas Lenaelle dropped after 146 battles, sooner than expected, nine days should be enough to convince Xmas Rabby 😉

Although the reduction of two days in regular events (i assume it will be so for next months) can cut some drops, it is beneficial because the 4 days revival events will receive one more day, and the number of drops in that events will offset the reduccion of the regular event, so it will be a net gain of girls for a great number of players.

On 12/2/2018 at 10:57 PM, Chthugha said:

Your opponent will still see her on 5 stars.
Only you will see your girls in your chosen pose, the rest will see your battle team in the last unlocked pose.

Yes, I can confirm that this is the case.  I was waiting until I played myself in the arena in another account and, sure enough, Norou faithfully displays her 5 star pose when I had set her in her 4 star pose.  I wish they'd have it so that the poses we set for our team girls are what our opponents see.  That would create a lot of confusion and plays nicely to my iconoclast tendencies.

Oh, to get back to topic, I have, just 10min ago, had Rabbi drop for me in Peregrine Took.  If the pattern I've experienced continues from the other 3 accounts, I am likely to get Lenaëlle quite quickly after.  Not this round though.  This would mean 4 accounts where I have both girls.  Not too bad really.  In this account and Peckerbird I'm still to get a drop, but time is on my side.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
edit text

8 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Oh, to get back to topic, I have, just 10min ago, had Rabbi drop for me in Peregrine Took.  If the pattern I've experienced continues from the other 3 accounts, I am likely to get Lenaëlle quite quickly after.  Not this round though.  This would mean 4 accounts where I have both girls.  Not too bad really.  In this account and Peckerbird I'm still to get a drop, but time is on my side.

Sounds like your success rate has improved thanks to the recent changes in the battle reward animations.

3 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Sounds like your success rate has improved thanks to the recent changes in the battle reward animations.

Thanks, but I might've been premature.  It's been back to the grind in my other accounts (including this one) for two rounds.  I don't think the changes have made any difference, really.  It's 8 days (+) to go, though - plenty of time for my luck to get back on track.  I usually experience some kind of donut a third the way into an event with nothing happening.  Then things brighten up again.

3 hours ago, BobaT said:

Is it normal that i can't see my progress in missions?

Häää.jpg

3 hours ago, BobaT said:

Is it normal that i can't see my progress in missions?

Häää.jpg

Jelom is correct.  Look down the bottom right hand area of the homepage.  You will see the name of the event in a box, plus a huge exclamation mark on its right-hand side. The elapsed time for the mission is marked by a red-pink bar that fills from left to right as the event time is used.  If you open the event window you will see all the available girls (those captured by villains plus those available in EP).  If you click on each of these girls her image will be displayed along with where to find her and if you click on the 'go to' button you will be taken to Epic pachinko or the villain who holds her.  If you have already rescued a girl a big green tick will be displayed over the thumbnail of the girl and if you click on this, she will tell you "Thank you for rescuing me".

It is a great improvement, plus we can now see what class each girl is at a glance and her opening stats.  This now gives us better information at a glance as to who best to try for first according to one's class.

I just had a cold sweat, panic-attack moment.  I glanced down at the event window and for a split second I swore it read "Chthugha is back".  Lol...

Anyway, it's been three more rounds (60 attempts) in three accounts and I've come up empty-handed.  I was hoping to get Lenaëlle in Peregrine Took so I could have a clean sweep in four accounts but it was not to be.  The donut I spoke of earlier is in full swing and this is when I start to sweat.  Still, there's plenty of time...

Umm... Just had Lenaëlle drop in Peregrine Took.  Four accounts a clean sweep.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add text

On 12/3/2018 at 8:44 AM, TeeJay said:

So I was looking at the 12 day mission for this event and I realized that it is just that, 12 days. They don't seem to be offering the 14 day mission with this, that you can miss a couple of days and still complete the mission and receive the mission girl.

I wonder if that's true for all missions for now on or just for this one?

On 12/3/2018 at 8:48 AM, Zorba the Geek said:

That's something I've worried about, too.  It's the summer and busy season coming up here and I may miss out on a mission girl as a result.  My biggest gripe is that we miss out on two extra days of event mission rewards (ie kobans).  As they are cramming more and more into the months I fear that these truncated events have already become the norm.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:06 AM, natstar said:

On 12/3/2018 at 6:53 PM, Eman said:

Thanks for sharing.

Still, if they reduce the days of the event, they could also reduce the number of completed tasks to get the event girl. If they were 12 of 14, they could now do 11 of 12, to give a little bit of room.

SURPRISE!

surprise.PNG.fcd1bdd308cbc5c8c0838c9dfca98902.PNG\

snip.png.e1de7820c412f51afaf99fa6af3627cb.png

Edited by dirty harry
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 3:34 AM, dirty harry said:

SURPRISE!

surprise.PNG.fcd1bdd308cbc5c8c0838c9dfca98902.PNG

Yes, it kinda pays us to read more carefully, eh.  It was confirmed in the event notes.  [just added] I meant to include myself in this criticism because I wasn't paying attention either.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add text

31 minutes ago, Andy86 said:

Got Xmas Lenaëlle in yesterday's last battle, and now I can relax battling Koro Sensei and getting a good amount of money 😛

I wonder which girl I'll get in the Epic Pachinko... 🙂

Maybe Pula or Rahi. lol

jk. Good luck. Hope you get the wan you one-t

Edited by dirty harry
  • Like 1