Epic Pachinko Opinion: 1x or 10x?

ZackMacKenzie

The FAQ explains an important difference between the 1x and 10x Epic Pachinko options, specifically about getting harem girls.

But what if your focus isn't on getting harem girls but getting good equipment?

Is one method better than the other or are they both the same?  How have they treated you?

So far I've only had the kobans to play 1x and only once at that.  I got a Legendary Rainbow...in the slot that I'd most recently filled with a Legendary Rainbow item, so really, I just got a very small amount of money.  Bad luck happens, but one attempt proves nothing.

from other players experiences in GP, EP, market and other rewards, the distribution of legendary equipment is something like this

rainbow-multistat: 75-80%, monostat 5-7% for each class, endurance and harmony 2-3% each

In 1xEP you also can get, excluding girls (aprox 10%), gifts and legendary equipment (I am not sure of the distribution, but should be 50/50).

I have not data for 10xEP, but being 1 girl and 9 gifts or equipment of different rarities, the rate of legendary equipment by amount of kobans used has to be lower than in 1xEP.

My opinion, use your kobans to get girls (EP or refilling combativity as you prefer) and for equipment go to 10 x Great pachinko.

My stats from epic pachinko until today are sad to say the least.

In gay harem i haven't seen an upgrade since August (at best, it may even be earlier than that) and i always play x10 pachinko for the girls and because gay harem has only one event per month (usually) that's 5 x10 pachinkos per month and it's already been 5 months since august, that means 25 x10 pachinkos or 250 items which means 250 chances for an upgrade but it seems lady luck isn't on my side. :(

In hentai heroes i get to play way more pachinkos because HH has more events from GH and yeah i had a few upgrades recently but still, i am pretty sure that i've played at least double the amount of games from gay harem since august and i have only received 2-5 upgrades and most upgrades were for the highest level legend item i had (that means a small +10-99 upgrade).

In conlcusion i never do x1 pachinko as i think it's a waste of kobans and i always go for x10 pachinko BUT only if there are any new girls available to be won.

Thanks for sharing folks.

I'm a bit surprised to see 10x Great Pachinko recommended as the way to snag good equipment for 2 reasons.

1st, I've already read elsewhere (I forget the thread) that Great Pachinko was NOT an effective way to get good gear (paraphrased) and no one challenged the statement in that thread.

2nd, my performance hasn't reflected this yet, though the sample size is admittedly still small at 40 tries.

In those 40 attempts I've received 37 Legendary rainbows, ONE Legendary Know-How (fortunately, my current class), and THREE Legendary Endurance items.  Yes, that's 41 items — one spin actually returned a 2nd Legendary rainbow item.  As it turned out, both were immediately converted into cash. :(  If 10x Great is still the way to go then I suppose I can look forwward to a change of luck at some point.

If both Pachinkos aren't great sources of Legendary single-class gear I really wonder where people are getting them.

I've seen a grand total of FOUR Legendary items in the Market: THREE gifts and ONE rainbow.  In my eyes, Legendary gifts have VERY limited advantage over any other gifts.  They all cost 417 money per Affection, and the only time that speed truly matters is when your currently competing in a Contest that rewards Affection, and you are trying to snipe a better position in the closing moments.  At this point, I don't even know if Legendary Boosters or Books exist.  Perhaps I've just been a bit unlucky so far.

As far as random rewards for Contests, Arena Challenges and Tower of Fame rewards, I've seen nothing that's even worth mentioning.  Possibly unlucky, possibly par for the course.

I tried 1x Epic again and got a single-stat Legendary, improving my results to 50% (sample size = 2 :P).  It was Charm, but I won't complain about that.  I figure that at some point I'll be earning XP and Affection at a sufficient rate that I'll be able to maintain a maxed Orgy Team for each class.  If at any point my gear is strongly skewed to a different class, I'll switch.

Also, last month's Sports Revival gave me more Epic Class items than I've seen everywhere else combined.

I've done fairly well so far, although it sure feels as if it's in spite of the RNG gods.  I maxed out my hero's class stat since day 1, and have maxed out all three since it was economically viable to do so.  At the start of every Contest I'm ranked 46th - 50th, which tells me that my Mojo (and level?) is relatively high for my veteran status.  Also, I'm doing better in PVP than any other ToF measure (in spite of Leagues stacked against me - a whole different issue in itself).  Still, if gear doesn't start appearing and renewing itself at a respectable rate, my status will steadily decline no matter what I do with my other resources.

For now, I'll 10x Great whenever I have disposable income, and 1x Epic every once in a while.

Thanks again!

21 hours ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

If both Pachinkos aren't great sources of Legendary single-class gear I really wonder where people are getting them

By spending a huge amount of money in 10x gp. I spent more than 500M to get 5 of 6 single stat legendary.

In my eyes, Legendary gifts have VERY limited advantage over any other gifts.  They all cost 417 money per Affection, and the only time that speed truly matters is when your currently competing in a Contest that rewards Affection, and you are trying to snipe a better position in the closing moments

There is no contest that rewards affection, only in the weekly tof there is the affection leaderboard.

At this point, I don't even know if Legendary Boosters or Books exist

No, legendary boosters and books don't exist (yet).

Edited by Daniele