Science-Fi event revival discussion

dekachinpo

21 hours ago, dirty harry said:

No luck so far battling the bosses. Anyways, the one I want is Alexandra. So I decided to try a Chthugha hoping I would pull her on the first spin. Got a HC and a CH single stat and two gifts.

Well let's try again: Fae Marjoa dropped (of course a green one) together with 2 rainbows and flowers.

One last time (let's make it 5400 kobans total): HC SS; rainbow; 2 gifts.

Ironically, although the KH SS is 1 lvl higher than the one I have, it is exactly the same strength.🙄

I guess the silver lining is that for 5400 kobans I got a girl, this event I don't have to fight DL and the HC SS  is actually a 40 lvl upgrade.

:P

Decided to spin two more times to just like you put it "try a Chthugha"-- I was also after Alexandra. First drop gives me three gifts and one equipment, second one drops me Alexandra. Woot woot.
Don't give up?

6 hours ago, Skiron said:

was trying my luck on Alex as well...

did 5 spins: first 4 spins 4x items, last spin an avatar...
since the item classes are fixed of course just one was usable...
i regret it, feels very wasteful...

IF, and it's a big if, the event pachinko equipment had random classes so that we could have gotten a complete set of event equipment in our class and max our primary stat then I think there would have been much less unhappiness about the event pachinko.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy55 said:

IF, and it's a big if, the event pachinko equipment had random classes so that we could have gotten a complete set of event equipment in our class and max our primary stat then I think there would have been much less unhappiness about the event pachinko.

Only if the probability to gain rainbow or monostat are the same, else better the way is now.

1 hour ago, Mythos said:

Only if the probability to gain rainbow or monostat are the same, else better the way is now.

No it's not, whatever the probability, 5 out of 6 of the current event items are junk, either the wrong class or underpowered multistat. and that applies to the epic and the legendary equipment.

14 minutes ago, Tommy55 said:

No it's not, whatever the probability, 5 out of 6 of the current event items are junk, either the wrong class or underpowered multistat. and that applies to the epic and the legendary equipment.

I'll reformulate: now in the Event Pachinko you have 1 out of 6 chance to get a useful item and also you can already know the position, so that you know if you need it in advance. This is a lot better than Great or Epic Pachinko where the chances to get something useful are much lower and, as someone already noted in the thread about the league, a lot of players obtained better stats thanks to this.

Edited by Mythos

As usual, I have one hold-out account.  I've yet to get Fae Marjoa in Adrian'smole and, interestingly, I didn't get her the first time either, despite being advanced enough in the game at the time to have tried for her from the beginning.  I recall getting Commander Jane early on leaving most of the event - 14 days at the time - to try (unsuccessfully) to prise Fae from Dark Lord.

I have one full round to try for her in that account, but she hasn't looked like dropping so far.  I've usually had a hint from the display on a win that a drop is probable.  Still, I might have to eat my words.  I hope so...

As none of the EP event girls interest me, I can save my kobans for upcoming Legendary Days.  I hope I don't need them, but my luck might've run out in KH this time given that I had won Norou really easily in two KH accounts first time and the remaining two during the second chance at her in the Tripple Treat event.  If this new girl is under the thumb of Dark Lord, I'm sunk!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dirty harry said:

sry to hear .........

blub blub blub

Yes, it bloody is Dark Lord!  I AM sunk.  I'll decide whether or not to spend kobans for recharges as I'll have about 3k worth.  That was enough to get me Golden Bunny in this account.

I can get a hint whether this is likely by how the display on a win shows.  For instance, there was none of this hint in my Adrian'smole account at any stage of the revival, so I missed out on Fae Marjoa twice - against Dark Lord.  However, I did get her in all other accounts (including test) where I hadn't already got her so it was more down to bad luck than anything.

This new genie type (Taria I think her name is) does seem pretty interesting.  I dream of genie!  Groan!

15 hours ago, Cantrix said:

So glad when none of the pachinko girls are even remotely close to looking as good as the boss ones! It saved me tons o' kobans! Also saved me from my curiousity regarding the new pachinko.

Yeah, quite.  The only one remotely appealing to me is Ms Barda, not Alexandra who seems to stir the groins of so many other players.

Say, if you're charm there's cute little a new permanent legendary now available, Aylie.  I didn't think they'd make legendaries available outside of events, but there we are.  I just noticed that Katsumi is a permanent legendary too and she's know-how.  I'll eventually try for her.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add text

11 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Yeah, quite.  The only one remotely appealing to me is Ms Barda, not Alexandra who seems to stir the groins of so many other players.

Say, if you're charm there's cute little a new permanent legendary now available, Aylie.  I didn't think they'd make legendaries available outside of events, but there we are.  I just noticed that Katsumi is a permanent legendary too and she's know-how.  I'll eventually try for her.

Untill they update them to have 5 stars they will remain an unnecessary expense, as their stats are roughly equal to 5 star basic or rare girl. It's a waste of resource, unless ofcourse you really dig them(though with so many unwanted permanent pachinko girls for me i'd rather stay away from EP altogether). Revival events and legendary days are a better place to spend kobans, at least we know what we're aiming to get. I won't bother with the new event pachinko unless there's a girl i want like really want! Having burned thousand of kobans on single EP spins, the devs can't convince me, no matter how "higher" or "calculated" they claim the droprate to be. RNG is and will always be a gambling and a bad game design. Hell if blizzard haven't turned comat rogue into a slot machine i probably would still have been paying tons of dollars for monthly subscription and so on... It's scary even thinking about it :D

• Like 1