Does script blocking affect drops?

John 1039

Just started using uBlock Origin while playing the game. The script blocker gets used to primarily block statisgeek.com (done automatically by default block lists), along with some other individual image resources.

Just after starting to use the extension, I experienced the most unfavorable event drop at 580 fights. And this, when just last month average fights for 3 event drops was ~498. I understand that drop rates can go up to 700-1000 wins too, but from what I understand these unlucky instances happening so closely together should be quite unlikely.

I just wanted to make sure that this was purely a common bad luck issue and not because uBlock Origin (or any other adblocker) was interfering in whatever information gets sent to the game servers which is used to decide the drop time. For example, because somehow the script blocker restricted the relevant information to be sent, the game servers recorded less number of fights than had actually been fought.

Hope an official response can completely disprove any possible correctness of such a theory.

You probably missed my past posts: to obtain all three Finalmecia girls I needed over 1200 tries for the first, over 1300 for the second, and more or less over 1600 for the last one, in a total period of time near to 139 days. And seen other people posts on the matter, I think that compared to some people I was lucky. Although I think it is also true that compared to many other people I was unlucky, my experience of the game tells me that the more common case is the former, not the latter.
On the matter of the script, I am not knowledgeable enough to assert that it influences or not the game in some way, although I think it is improbable that it could affect the game so deeply to alter the RNG or the game mechanics. 

19 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

You probably missed my past posts: to obtain all three Finalmecia girls I needed over 1200 tries for the first, over 1300 for the second, and more or less over 1600 for the last one, in a total period of time near to 139 days. And seen other people posts on the matter, I think that compared to some people I was lucky. Although I think it is also true that compared to many other people I was unlucky, my experience of the game tells me that the more common case is the former, not the latter.

He's talking about event girls who usually have better drop rates then last world bosses girls, a lot better.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mythos said:

He's talking about event girls who usually have better drop rates then last world bosses girls, a lot better.

As far as I had read in the forum, my previous post is valid in both cases, even if event girls have a declared drop rate superior than regular boss girls.

11 hours ago, Observer_X said:

... although I think it is improbable that it could affect the game so deeply to alter the RNG or the game mechanics.

Definitely not talking about RNG, those calculations (if they can be called that) are almost certainly happening on server side, therefore, nothing that happens on a player's device should affect that. Just referring to whether correct information reaches back to the server or not. For example, 10 fights without adblock and 10 with one, count in total as 20 or 10? Such a mistake probably does not happen, Tower of Fame appears to record correct information too - but it shouldn't hurt to make sure.

I am sure the adblocker don't interfere with the game. I have always used one and my drop results don't differ from what other players tell in the forum.

500 tries for a event girl drop (or even some consecutive drops with that average) is a bad result, but I am sure you will have better drop results in the next events (except legendary days, in which 500 can be seen as normal). RNG have always that lucky and unlucky streaks.

• Thanks 1