Market price for stat bumps

ZackMacKenzie

It's been a while since I updated my stats and I wanted to figure out how long it's actually been.  That requires knowledge of the formula(e) for this process.

With a search I found an 'answer' to this question in the French forums:

Point 1: From 1st to 40th level you can purchase 25 bumps each level.
              After that, you are limited to 19 bumps / level.

Point 2: With each point purchase the price increases by 2 ymen;
              ...but, from 4,005 to 12,001 ymen it becomes 4 ymen jumps;
              ...and, from 12,005 to 23,999 ymen it changes to 6 ymen jumps;
              ...and, from 24,005 to 39,997 ymen the jumps grow to 8 ymen;
              It then says the increases become 10 ymen at 41,245... but that doesn't seem right as it is so soon after the change at 40,005 ymens.

That last questionable value shouldn't be a problem for me since my level is only 126, long before the costs get that high.

Unfortunately, when I plug this into a spreadsheet it shows that these values can't be correct.  If they were (still?) accurate the cost to buy your 1st stat bump at L126 would be 6,457 ymen.  However, the market tells me that my next stat bump costs 6,769 ymen, and that price is at least several levels old!  It can't be more than the up-to-date value for my current level!

Have these values been corrected updated anywhere?  When does the 4-increment actually start?  Or, is this a big, fat nuisance of a bug?

I think you translated something wrong, or the French are simply wrong.
It's 40 points for the first 25 levels, not 25 points for the first 40 levels.

Anyway, you can buy 2000 points with a +2/point increment.
The first point you buy in a stat costs 5.
That means that the first point you buy with a +4/point increment costs you 5+2x2000=4005.
The next point will then be 4009.
You can buy 2000 points in total with a +4/point increment, etc.
We are limited to 400 levels, so we have a total of 25x40 + 375x19 = 8125 points in total.
So the last 125 points will have a +10/point increment, where the last one is unimportant, because the next point can't be bought anyway.
So to calculate the cost of the last point, you will start at 40005 (after 8000 points bought) and add 124x10=1240 to that.
That brings you at 41245 for the last point.

Let's conclude that your translations have some room for improvement...

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the clarification.  Actually, by citing the 2000 point markers you've stated it much more explicitly and clearly than the post I found...but, you are also bang on that my translation was at least careless.  It seems I put too much faith in my decades old, and decades stale, language skills.

With your help I now know how long it's been since I updated my stats, and how many ymens I'd need to catch up.  Thanks again!

27 minutes ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

[...]

With your help I now know how long it's been since I updated my stats, and how many ymens I'd need to catch up.  Thanks again!

You are welcome. 

I always wonder where these power upgrader in the weekly tof come from since I finished my "catch-up demand" just a few weeks before weekly rewards came into place^^