Arena removal

jijo250

So this post is a Q&A and suggestion based on the question I have.

What does Mojo do?

Is it a luck stat? Or is it just a value to track for Tower Of Fame's Leader-board?

If it's just a value to track the Leader-board, might I suggest to just get rid of it. We have the Tower of Fame Leagues now, and that is far superior in tracking how your harem is doing then the Arena Mojo tracker.

Now I like the rewards you get in the Arena, but the match-making and the Mojo distribution for it are horrible! Now I know this could be the dev's way of slightly nugging at you to  pour some yemen into your own stats, and not just spend it on the girls, but it still seems unfair, even with an account with decent stats.

If the Arena were to be removed where would the Arena rewards be absorbed into? An easy and unhappy way is to just drop the rewards too. Another is to add it to the Tower of Fame League's rewards. But I like the idea to distribute the arena rewards on combat losses.

Hear me out! In your typical  RPG, you only get exp on fights you won, but that is only because if you lose, it's game over, and you'll have to start over again. In HH, there is no game over, but yet I'm sure the Dev's would want to always give you a sense progression; that is how well-designed RPGs are made after all. On losses, you won't gain yemen, affection to new girls, or climbing up the ToF League, but what you will gain is (and everyone who's seen Red Battler's affection pages can see how it works) experience and affection. Which was what the arena was handing out anyways.

Now this whole thing could be mute if the Devs were thinking about repurposing  the Arena in the first place. Like for some club activity or something.

1 hour ago, yourfriend said:

Mojo is part of the match making formula, you fight opponents that are within +-1000 mojo and +- 15 levels of you. Other than that it's mostly for bragging(pointless).

Mojo is also a category in the ToF Leader board where you get rewards based on how much mojo you've gained in that week.

As far as it being a part of the match making process, that's BS. Yes it may be true that it will only match you up with someone who's +-1000 mojo away from you, but every time I drop too low the next match ups are all -1/+30, or every time I'm too high it becomes -30/+1. So there really is no change of mojo, when I'm trying to change it. Also it seems that the mojo distribution is based on my own mojo and not who I'm fighting up against. 

But in either case, this goes back to why I think the arena is no longer necessary. 

• Thinking 1

2 hours ago, jijo250 said:

As far as it being a part of the match making process, that's BS. Yes it may be true that it will only match you up with someone who's +-1000 mojo away from you, but every time I drop too low the next match ups are all -1/+30, or every time I'm too high it becomes -30/+1. So there really is no change of mojo, when I'm trying to change it.

This makes no sense at all. Mojo is essentially a ranking points system and intended to reflect how good you are at arena combat. (It often doesn't do a great job of it, but that's beside the point.) That means you're not meant to "try to change it" - if you find yourself regressing to the same mojo zone every time you've briefly moved higher or lower, then it's working exactly as intended. You're ranked where you should be.

Edited by _shal_

6 hours ago, _shal_ said:

This makes no sense at all. Mojo is essentially a ranking points system and intended to reflect how good you are at arena combat. (It often doesn't do a great job of it, but that's beside the point.) That means you're not meant to "try to change it" - if you find yourself regressing to the same mojo zone every time you've briefly moved higher or lower, then it's working exactly as intended. You're ranked where you should be.

You should be able to change you mojo based on your team. If I go in with 3 lv 1s, I'd lose every time, and should be dropping a lot of mojo, and I do, but after a point, the drop only becomes 1 per battle. 

This is really annoying when you're trying to setup for the next reset so you can earn the arena dailies in just 5 refreshes. But instead of matching you with your level or lower after you lost a lot, they still match you up with people who are 15 levels above you with the same spread of -1/+30 mojo, where you can still loose with you best team.

10 hours ago, jijo250 said:

You should be able to change you mojo based on your team. If I go in with 3 lv 1s, I'd lose every time, and should be dropping a lot of mojo, and I do, but after a point, the drop only becomes 1 per battle. 

This is really annoying when you're trying to setup for the next reset so you can earn the arena dailies in just 5 refreshes. But instead of matching you with your level or lower after you lost a lot, they still match you up with people who are 15 levels above you with the same spread of -1/+30 mojo, where you can still loose with you best team.

You are not the first to complain about the mojo system, and I think you won't be the last. As it has been said, it is mainly for Arena matchmaking, but about your statement about Arena abolishing, you forget that the Arena has two other features: first, there is quite a number of people that, slow at this is may be, use it to increase their girls experience and affection, as the Arena, apart using items, is the only other source in the game for those resources. Second, the Arena, again slow as it may be, is the only source of repeatedly "player buyable" experience, and the way game whales have increased their level much more quickly than free players. I doubt that devs will ever agree to modify by an inch this system until they decide to replace it with something that they fully elaborate in the purpose of mantaining a state of things the most similar to the existing one as it may be. In fact, as far as I know, all past talks about mojo system in the past have fallen into nothingness.

On 3/19/2019 at 6:13 PM, Observer_X said:

but about your statement about Arena abolishing, you forget that the Arena has two other features: first, there is quite a number of people that, slow at this is may be, use it to increase their girls experience and affection, as the Arena, apart using items, is the only other source in the game for those resources.

On 3/18/2019 at 8:37 PM, jijo250 said:

If the Arena were to be removed where would the Arena rewards be absorbed into? An easy and unhappy way is to just drop the rewards too. Another is to add it to the Tower of Fame League's rewards. But I like the idea to distribute the arena rewards on combat losses.

I did not forget about the arena's more popular features, and my quote would be possible ways to keep it... well except the first idea.

To answer the "player buyable experience," I didn't think of to sinking a whole bunch of kobans in arena refreshes to get about 18 player exp per won fight for a 300+ lv player. There are better ways to get player exp, but they do have limits. This way does seem limitless, so you got me there. I would say that anyone who levels up this way without putting in real money into the game  might be red flagged for hacking.