liga shortcoming

fedor

image.thumb.png.249f153075e6a48584db476237d22256.png

I am not sure if this has been discussed yet, but look at the situation in 105 player league. As you can see player AkuYurei got maximum points already, but i won all 3 rounds with him as well so technically the player cant collect maximum points right? Wrong, because actually we had 6 rounds between us and of course in his battles he won all his rounds. Is  it round robin or it is football championship at home and away. I propose in the league you should faced your opponent only once first come first served and if you want to win get more kobans. You will get same points if you win or loose as it right now, and you will  only have 1 winner per league, unless creators had other thing in mind.

• Thinking 4

2 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

... No, just no.

The current system is flawed, i won  ,but you still got maximum points....especially considering different time zone, your trinkets expired you are dead.

Yes the current system is flawed, but your recommendation would make it worse. With the first come first serve system, now that person who just beat everyone in the league with minutes not only won the league, but also took fights away from you. Even in the lower leagues where people aren't rushing like that, a lot of people would attack the lowest first and that player would lose all of their battles right of the bat. Don't forget that there is a huge advantage to going first, so player would be losing battles that they could have won and you are taking those away at random based on the order that people are attacking.

So I agree... No, just no.

7 minutes ago, ObviouslyFake said:

Yes the current system is flawed, but your recommendation would make it worse. With the first come first serve system, now that person who just beat everyone in the league with minutes not only won the league, but also took fights away from you. Even in the lower leagues where people aren't rushing like that, a lot of people would attack the lowest first and that player would lose all of their battles right of the bat. Don't forget that there is a huge advantage to going first, so player would be losing battles that they could have won and you are taking those away at random based on the order that people are attacking.

So I agree... No, just no.

It  happens anyway, but will eliminate confusion. Lower ranked player will loose no matter what. At least it will give them a chance to catch middle ranked of guards. Plus create proper ranking, if you loose C'est la vie....Get your trinkets set up so you have good stats and you don't have to rush to the battle system will do it for you. Right now in my league 3 people with top score: ridiculous and beat 1 of them all 3 times does not make sense.

No is not the answer.

My point is that those that you beat, you wouldn't have beaten if they attacked you first. You would not have had the chance to fight back. So there wouldn't be a change in that regard. The only difference would be that you gained less xp because you didn't win as many battles. So your recommendation is strictly worse for yourself.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ObviouslyFake said:

My point is that those that you beat, you wouldn't have beaten if they attacked you first. You would not have had the chance to fight back. So there wouldn't be a change in that regard. The only difference would be that you gained less xp because you didn't win as many battles. So your recommendation is strictly worse for yourself.

Yes you are correct, i will win on occasion only when the player trinkets expired and mine is up, especially now when they last only 24 hrs. But it is creating havoc for the mid range players, Total havoc. When this situation cost you placements you will understand how frustrating it is.

22 minutes ago, fedor said:

Yes you are correct, i will win on occasion only when the player trinkets expired and mine is up, especially now when they last only 24 hrs. But it is creating havoc for the mid range players, Total havoc. When this situation cost you placements you will understand how frustrating it is.

Wait I don't understand. Are you complaining as a mid range player who thinks he's being forced into 31st and below, or as a high player who thinks he could get a top spot?

2 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Wait I don't understand. Are you complaining as a mid range player who thinks he's being forced into 31st and below, or as a high player who thinks he could get a top spot?

I am a mid range player feel cheated when beating top scorer 3 times with no effect on his score.

1 minute ago, fedor said:

I believe the points won by any player from top tier player or other players need to be substructed from their total score using current 6 battles system.

If you beat me 3 times:9 points(3 points is mine) ,I beat you let say 2 times :7 points(5 points yours) your total total points would be: 14 and mine 10. In 101 player Liga maximum  points would be 1800.

6 hours ago, fedor said:

If you beat me 3 times:9 points(3 points is mine) ,I beat you let say 2 times :7 points(5 points yours) your total total points would be: 14 and mine 10. In 101 player Liga maximum  points would be 1800.

So I could accidentally end up getting promoted in 15th place because some other player lost his battles to me without me having any idea it would happen? No, just no.

On another note: Leagues have been going for over 6 months now, and you've only just figured out how the scoring works and what outcomes it can lead to? That doesn't exactly mark you as a credible authority for alternative proposals.

Edited by _shal_
  • Haha 2

First of all ,this is first time I start seeing multiple players with top scores when you actually beat them.

Second, if you are in league to loose ,why do you care about fare system. Your goal is to loose so you can drop in lower divisions to be a fake champion .

Third, I did not said I had authority, just share my opinion. 

Just because it has been 6 month it still did not make it perfect.

3 minutes ago, fedor said:

Just because it has been 6 month it still did not make it perfect.

Shal wasn't saying the system was perfect. Multiple of us saw this problem and commented on it when the system was first announced. Your inability to see that until now means you probably don't have any skill in coming up with good alternatives.

There's nothing wrong with thinking of alternatives. There are several things wrong with not acknowledging that your alternative is worse in pretty much every way 

Ok. I am late.I am not that smart and arrogant like you, But you never gave me any facts why it would be worse in every way.  The only thing I proposed to sum points from all 6 battles per every player.

10 hours ago, fedor said:

No is not the answer.

You're right, no is not the answer. "What the fu*k are you saying?" is the right answer :P

9 hours ago, fedor said:

What shal said, but apart from that: with this terrible system i could be the first player to beat all opponents and still lose the league, if not enough players fight against me during the week. So same as above, what the fu*k are you saying? xD
I can't really see why other players' battles should affect my score...

• Like 1

What difference would it make? Let's say there are 2 players with a perfect score, then let's suppose there is another player who can beat both, but he do his battles against only one of them. One player will lose points, the other will keep them just because that player didn't fight him. Sorry, but your suggestion is bad. Really bad.

28 minutes ago, Daniele said:

What difference would it make? Let's say there are 2 players with a perfect score, then let's suppose there is another player who can beat both, but he do his battles against only one of them. One player will lose points, the other will keep them just because that player didn't fight him. Sorry, but your suggestion is bad. Really bad.

It would be funny though. Not fighting one top player on purpose 😈

• Haha 1