Equipment Irrelevance

Pelinor

I don't look at equipment anymore. Why? The only equipment offered reduces my player stats across the board! I won't knowingly pay for items that make my character worse than he is.

The only time I can upgrade my character is when one of the rainbow items show up, and they never seem to show up in the equipment room.

Just now, Pelinor said:

The only time I can upgrade my character is when one of the rainbow items show up, and they never seem to show up in the equipment room.

Showing up. And rainbow. And mono-stat legenadry. But very rare. On my account on live - roughly 1 item on 20-25 updates of shop. On test i'm now saw 2 items during ~60 shop-updates.

2 hours ago, Pelinor said:

I don't look at equipment anymore. Why? The only equipment offered reduces my player stats across the board!

You know that a mono stat item can give you more hp over the obvious dmg boost, right? If you get more hp and attack then i think its better than the defense and harmony you got from the rainbow's

Arkay2233,

Can you give an example of want you said? All I see are losses in the hundreds if I purchase equipment which IMHO is foolish. The minimum should be a zero-sum increase in the user stats. Seriously, how can wearing something called armor reduce your defense, and how can a weapon make you worse?

• 3 weeks later...

The equipment area would be better if it included items you will need while on an adventure. IMHO it is stupid to suddenly have things pop up which you must purchase before you can go to the next scene in a players journey yet those "required" items never appear in the market place.

In each individual world - their "required items." These items are knocked out of the boss in this particular world. Moreover, the first few battles with the boss you will receive these items, and nothing else. The equipment tab in the store is intended primarily for the sale of garbage. IMHO.

@Pelinor 
I meant this (the data is from my current items):
I have 2 chestitem, 1mono hardcore and 1 rainbow, they are the same lvl: 
the monohc gives me 3289 hc, which means 3289 damage and 5*3289=16445 hp
the rainbow gives: 2071 hc, 2068 ch, 1990 kh, 2690 harmony and 2003 endurance which overall means: 2071 dmg, 16338 hp, 1036ch def, 995kh def and 3726 harmony
the difference between the two, if I use mono:
dmg:+1218   endurance:+107   harmony:-3726   defenses:hc: (i dont know how this one is calculated, but its less than the hc difference, close to 2/3 of it), ch: -1036, kh:-995
since the average of the defenses is lower than the gained damage (with more than 300 point) i think its better worth it to use a monostat item. The only thing you truly gain from the rainbow is the harmony which is nice but i dont think its worth it.

1 minute ago, fenronin said:

honestly now you keep getting rainbow stuff with the sex champions

Yep.  I have so much legendary equipment from the champions that I never buy equipment, anymore.  And any I get from events or bonuses, I just end up selling, immediately.

In other news, the calculations for whether to reduce my ego to boost one stat or increase my ego at the cost of certain stats are too difficult for my poor brain to comprehend.  So to tell the truth, I'm sitting on about 60 Million worth of legendary equipment that I don't know whether or not to equip or sell.

To make the equipment room relevant for players past levels 25-30 I would suggest something like the following

1. All equipment should center on a players dominance scheme and player level instead of a set number.

2. Gold items based on twin stats should be closer to the Legendary (purple) items (I am guesstimating a 15% increase in overall effectiveness).

3. Legendary items should appear in the equipment room just as they sometimes do in the books and gifts room.

Edited by Pelinor
  • Thinking 1

I do not agree, it's fine that active player have some advantages because they refresh very often their market or can spend more ymens for 10xpachinko, every now and then there are some purple equipments in the store, just enough for my opinion

that the champions already drop so many items hurt enough, we dont need any more disadvantages for active players