Rarity of Items in the Market - Current Rules?

DvDivXXX

Hey guys,

So, I've been wondering about this for a little while now, and I've searched and read anything I could find on this topic here and on the wiki, all old patch notes, discussion threads etc. The most recent (or maybe least ancient) information I could find on the rarity of items that can appear in the Market, and how this can change for a given player over time, is this:

Between 1 to 8 girls : Gifts common and rare appears in the Market
    Between 9 to 20 girls : The epic items can appear in the Market.
    Between 21 to 40 girls : Legendary items can appear in the Market and the common disappears.
    Between 41 to 200 : Rare items won't appear anymore and the Legendary gifts have now 20% more to appear.

So, I was pretty excited when my harem reached 21 girls recently (22 as of this writing, even), expecting common items to disappear from the pool of what I'm offered at the Market.

However, here's my latest Market update:

800014231_HH-Market22Girls4.png.aaa817380f03caddb0ed0ef16d95f0db.png146980328_HH-Market22Girls3.png.7a7c44c5e0ac9ed09cb95fe0d74ff052.png532749768_HH-Market22Girls2.png.8cd8084b2302b18427a6078271433b20.png354499230_HH-Market22Girls1.png.eff0b0f63b73be31896b98c33ae216f9.png

As you can see, all rarities are represented. So the "Epic items can appear" and "Legendary items can appear" rules check out. But what about the "Commons disappear" part? The only category of items this seems to apply to, so far, is Gifts (not just on this screenshot, but for the last few stocks as well).

So, does this only apply to Gifts? Will equipment of Common (and Rare) rarity never disappear from my Market? That would be pretty disappointing, I was looking forward to that.

I'd like to have confirmation from players who've been playing for much longer and can confirm from experience either way, since the patch notes aren't very specific about which type of items they refer to. Thanks in advance!

Edited by DvDivXXX
Part of the text trapped with the screenshots! Please see the Spoiler part.
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your replies.

So, the list I've lifted from old patch notes in my OP only pertains to Gifs, and other item types seem to be affected by player level instead of harem size, at least Books (level 250 for legendary ones to appear) and maybe also Equipment. That's good to know.

If anyone else has more details or observations, please share.

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thanks for your replies.

So, the list I've lifted from old patch notes in my OP only pertains to Gifs, and other item types seem to be affected by player level instead of harem size, at least Books (level 250 for legendary ones to appear) and maybe also Equipment. That's good to know.

If anyone else has more details or observations, please share.

i start geting legendary books on 150 lvl 0-3 for restock

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, John 1039 said:

In my case, gifts were restricted to only Epic and Legendary ones at lvl. 125 and 42 drops. Legendary books first appeared in market at lvl. 251. Don't think there is any lvl. restriction for legendary equipment in the market, though.

Thank you. For legendary equipment, I just got my first one show up today, now at level 83 with still 22 girls in my harem, so there's either no restriction or it's pretty low:

1397634908_HH-Market22GirlsLevel83Legendary.png.82cbb1e133a2b2273db8d07dddae08cb.png

Edit: Does any of you high level players no longer see common Equipment in your Market? Or do these always stay in the pool?

Edited by DvDivXXX

I'm level 160 and i have 52 girls in a harem. Common and legendary items appear very rarely, mostly rare and epic items.

common boosters appear very rarely, but legendary appear more often. mostly have epic boosters in market.

I dont know why yot told that legendary books will appear only on level 250, i have been reciving them for more than a week now. Maybe it depends on the level of the harem? I have 8111 harem level. So coomon books appears very rarely, rare books do not appear often. Usually epic books and 0-3 legendary books appear. On  screenshot 1 legendary book i alredy bought for 500k yens

Gifs only epic and legendary.

items.jpg
boosters.jpg
books.jpg
gifts.jpg

Edited by Izildur
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Izildur said:

I dont know why yot told that legendary books will appear only on level 250, i have been reciving them for more than a week now.

Thanks for your post, this helps. Well, someone said that earlier on in the thread and I picked it up, but then someone else said they had some at level 150, so level 250 can't be the current restriction. Maybe it's level 150 (or lower), or maybe it's something else like the number of girls in your harem, as you suggested.

1 hour ago, Izildur said:

I dont know why yot told that legendary books will appear only on level 250, i have been reciving them for more than a week now.

That's... interesting. I started getting them in market around the same time. I ASSUMED it was lvl 250. Appearently I was wrong. My bad.

• Like 1

I remember being around lvl. 230 when the patch for Legendary books was applied but I had to wait until reaching lvl. 251 before finally seeing those in the market. This was months ago.

The discrepancy with other players could be, as mentioned above, because of the Harem level, or something entirely different (like say old higher level players had to wait until lvl. 251 and newer players have to wait only until lvl. 150). As far as I know, the devs haven't published the threshold in this case.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info. That explains why some players remembered level 250 and others 150 for the legendary books.

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

It was from level 100 to 101, though I have no idea if that's still current. 

I'm at level 86 as of this writing, and I still level up fairly fast for now, so I should reach that threshold in a couple of weeks or so, hopefully. I'll confirm whether it happens for me or not at that point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2019 at 11:02 AM, _shal_ said:

It was from level 100 to 101, though I have no idea if that's still current. 

I'm glad to confirm that this stands true. 😃

I have 27 girls in my harem now, and experienced the same thing as you did back then when going from level 100 to 101:

261993952_HH-Market27GirlsLevel100CommonEquipment.png.66eeb6ba0f8ae958b2b7ff3bbdabac74.png

vs

1341117442_HH-Market27GirlsLevel101NOCommonEquipment.png.73a62386b1cbc0dc3979c47ee8846cae.png

I also saw my first legendary booster in that same market update, although they're known to be very rare, so I don't know if I unlocked them just now or earlier, but it means they can appear at least as early as level 101:

1079768305_HH-Market27GirlsLevel101LegendaryBoosters.png.9b080ddd67d34009d1b614fb1a880565.png

Having said that, the way they apparently work by %, they seem to be an end-game thing anyway. If I took it today, this +10% boost from the legendary chlorella would actually be a much smaller bonus than the flat +14k from the epic one (whereas at level 300+ it would definitely be better).

• Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 10:56 AM, _shal_ said:

Legendary books appear to start dropping much earlier than level 250 now

I can confirm this as well. With my next market update today (still at level 101 and still with 27 girls only), I also saw my first legendary book:

1146101134_HH-Market27GirlsLevel101LegendaryBooks.png.26fa3f306e89723dabb8b94941f4ab77.png

I also have two more legendary boosters, which makes it seem likely that they're not that rare once unlocked, and that they're also unlocked by reaching level 101:

2088163515_HH-Market27GirlsLevel101LegendaryBoosters2.png.f38f02a7b5ac0118fedb74210d87ab89.png

So, now we know that:

• The only thing that depends on the number of girls in your harem is the rarity of Gifts; it still works as per the old patch notes quoted in my OP.
  • For the other item types (Equipment, Boosters and Books) rarity seems to depend strictly on player level instead.
  • Rare & Epic Equipment, Boosters and Books all start appearing before level 80 (probably by level 50 or earlier, even?).
  • Legendary Equipment has a chance to appear no later than by level 83 (but it might be even earlier for all we know).
  • Level 101 specifically is a big milestone, as it unlocks Legendary Boosters and Legendary Books, and it eliminates Common Equipment!
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 5:38 PM, DvDivXXX said:

So, now we know that:

• Rare & Epic Equipment, Boosters and Books all start appearing before level 80 (probably by level 50 or earlier, even?).

As for equipment (it's a test server account, but ought to be the same on live):

image.png.1ccb89690cb56eb49fa38219a7b62e32.png

Should be from the start. I'm also fairly sure that legendary equipment can drop anytime, but obviously does so at a very low rate, so that's hard to verify outside of sheer luck. (Or somebody willing to burn the 27,000 kobans of a fresh test server account on market refreshes.)

FWIW, that account gets only common boosters, but already rare books.

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 1