girl drop rate nonexistent

Yamakaze

More like absurdly slow. 50 combats with Gruntt so far today and I'm at 5% for the event girl from him. And she's only a green tier girl. They've changed it clearly since just this past summer. Used to be you could at least earn the girls from the bosses during events without dropping a ton of money on Kobans, now it's no longer the case, not even for lower tiered girls. It's horrible now.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

1 hour ago, Herc said:

More like absurdly slow. 50 combats with Gruntt so far today and I'm at 5% for the event girl from him. And she's only a green tier girl. They've changed it clearly since just this past summer. Used to be you could at least earn the girls from the bosses during events without dropping a ton of money on Kobans, now it's no longer the case, not even for lower tiered girls. It's horrible now.

Unless it is a legendary girl I can get about 1 1/2 event girls from boss fights per event, I think you just have bad luck.

• Thanks 1

It's not just him. I've done 2 events since I started playing where I didn't get both troll fight girls in the allotted timeframe - without using kobans to refill fight energy. Usually by now I'd be closing in on 50% of the green tier, but I'm currently sitting at 16 of the needed 200 affection. Usually Edwarda is the only boss that gives me major trouble, but so far I've gotten more champion tickets than affection. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chrismit1213@ said:

I have 1 girl from the event and am on my way to the 2nd with 30ish affection, Do I have good luck? your numbers seam off.

You have had average luck, they have had bad luck. Good luck is the people like myself who finished a few days ago.

4 minutes ago, ShadowHaamu said:

So, X-mas event is closing on and I'm at point that I'm not going to get either of the boss girls. Ain't this so damn fun to just waste your time.

With the old system, I would've already got both girls days ago.

You've done all 48 fights per day and haven't gotten a single one? That's harsh. How many shards are you at for the first girl?

5 minutes ago, ShadowHaamu said:

Lee Lee 68/100

Hateya 79/100

So, not even close this time around.

But entirely your own fault that you won't have either. Why split combativity between both? RNG under both the current and the old systems can indeed make it possible to miss out on 1, but the only reason you're missing out on both here is because you've made a bad decision. Can't fault the system for that.

You also could have still had neither under the old system, it happened to plenty of others.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

But entirely your own fault that you won't have either. Why split combativity between both? RNG under both the current and the old systems can indeed make it possible to miss out on 1, but the only reason you're missing out on both here is because you've made a bad decision. Can't fault the system for that.

You also could have still had neither under the old system, it happened to plenty of others.

Actually that splitting had worked for me much better for every other event. Before I could have wasted even 20 fights for one girl without getting a single drop..... but by splitting chances are you get shards for the other girls. As I only do 3 or 5 fight per girl at the time, quite often at least one of the two girls drops shards during those 6 or 10 fights. As matter of the fact, it was the same thing this time too. The problem was that well over half of all my drops were 1 shard drops (especially for Lee Lee), which is the problem. 

This is why I call this shard systems "twice lucky" system, which is what makes it so damn irritating. It's not enough to get lucky with Rng once to get shards, but you need to have luck on your side second time with number of shards drop. After all, needing 100, 50, 33, 25 or 20 fights for one girl makes huge difference. 

And yeah, I have heard other have had bad luck with the old system. But I can only talk about my experience and that I never had any problems of getting both girls. 90% of the time I had gotten both during first 5 days of the event. But ever since shard system, I have needed full damn event and even then needed kobans to finish things up.

Edited by ShadowHaamu

2 hours ago, ShadowHaamu said:

Actually that splitting had worked for me much better for every other event.

Yes, because the shards system is set up such that most of the time it's possible to get both girls for free, regardless of how you fight the trolls. So congrats, you've been ascribing your success to something that was completely irrelevant to it.

Maybe Kinkoid need to reduce the shard drops so that dumb strategies become apparent to players like you more quickly...

3 hours ago, ShadowHaamu said:

So, X-mas event is closing on and I'm at point that I'm not going to get either of the boss girls. Ain't this so damn fun to just waste your time. 

3 hours ago, ShadowHaamu said:

Lee Lee 68/100

Hateya 79/100

I don't usually critizice other players strategy but this is just fool, you can only blame yourself for not going for each girl in sucession. By now you could have assured a full girl and 47 shards of the other. Now your only options are spending some kobans now to finish one girl (or a bit more for both) or waiting a full year for the revival where you will be sure to get them (if kinkoid don't swap some of the pachinko girls to the bosses, of course). Yes, you are right: you have wasted your time.

1 hour ago, jelom said:

I don't usually critizice other players strategy but this is just fool, you can only blame yourself for not going for each girl in sucession. By now you could have assured a full girl and 47 shards of the other. Now your only options are spending some kobans now to finish one girl (or a bit more for both) or waiting a full year for the revival where you will be sure to get them (if kinkoid don't swap some of the pachinko girls to the bosses, of course). Yes, you are right: you have wasted your time.

Except that your logic here doesn't work. There is absolutely no guaranteed that those +60 or +70 shards of the other girls would have dropped for the other. That said, I'll use the other strategy during the next new event and see, if things will be different that time. 

@_shal_ Well, to be exact, I have only complained about Legendary days drops rates, which is pure cash crap and then some normal boss girl drops. I mean, I had about 2.5k fights in row without a single girl dropping from one world boss with the old system. That was rather irritating. But otherwise, I had zero complains about the old system as I actually got all the events every time and even got two girls durings epic days with free fights. But none of that with the new shard system. 

Actually, this shard system only helps with Legendary days (now you actually can hazards a guess of how much money/kobans you need to spend) and revival events (when you have luck and get more than 1 or 2 shards drops for most of the time). 

OK, play with your rules if that make you happier, this is a game to enjoy, but, please, don't complain later about the drop rate if you don't follow the friendly advice of other veteran players who have run the numbers to try to comprehend the system.

I got both girls, Yes it was a little close with me getting the 2nd girl on the last day but even if I did't get her I got the first girl  about half way through the event, By focusing on one at a time even with bad  luck  you will most likely get at lest 1 girl. This is  your own fault.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 12:53 PM, _shal_ said:

Yes, because the shards system is set up such that most of the time it's possible to get both girls for free, regardless of how you fight the trolls. So congrats, you've been ascribing your success to something that was completely irrelevant to it.

Maybe Kinkoid need to reduce the shard drops so that dumb strategies become apparent to players like you more quickly...

I've always gone for 1 girl at a time and usually finish a 12 day event on the last day & sometimes have to spend kobans even with no wasted combativity.  

This event I tried a new strategy and split up combativity.  Quantity improved and quality/tickets seemed about average.  I had a ton of wasted combativity from being busy and finished the event 2 days early with 0 kobans spent.

I'll continue this strategy to try and figure out what type of random is used, but it looks promising

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, RishonAdams said:

Petition to get rid of this crappy shard system. I haven't gotten an event girl in MONTHS.

That's either an insanely bad luck or you don't tell us something. Because on average from free combativity you should receive around 1.5 girl. With the worst being 1.2. So the additional information is necessary.

For how many months is it going on? Or for how many events?

What exactly do you do to get girls? I mean, do you spend all your combativity on one girl? Do you use all your combativity during the event?

I doubt the game developers will even see this topic, not to mention listening to the suggestion of removing the shard system. They worked too hard to implement it, so it's here to stay. But there're people here, other players, who are eager to help you in improving your odds of obtaining the girls.

I don't try for a second girl during events as a general rule. This time I did go after a second girl even though I knew it would kill me as far as winning some of the contests. I managed to get 42 points towards Melissa (I did use kobans to give me an extra 50 combats), which I hope will carry over to next year's reappearance in the Epic Days event. Sadly, unless someone tells me this is the case, I will have to wait for a year to see if trying for the second girl is worth it from a long-view perspective.

Edited by Pelinor
corrected some atrocious grammar mistakes

On 12/13/2019 at 1:29 PM, BBQ69 said:

I've always gone for 1 girl at a time and usually finish a 12 day event on the last day & sometimes have to spend kobans even with no wasted combativity.  

This event I tried a new strategy and split up combativity.  Quantity improved and quality/tickets seemed about average.  I had a ton of wasted combativity from being busy and finished the event 2 days early with 0 kobans spent.

I'll continue this strategy to try and figure out what type of random is used, but it looks promising

The event after that was pretty bad, 0 drops the first day...

The current event was a little better with a modified strategy, still working on it..