New event & New girls

FinderKeeper

26 minutes ago, Ezavoor said:

Are girls ability locked in the event? Is there a way to unlock them?

Yes. No.

Yes. No.

Yes. No.

Yes. No.

4 minutes ago, lol69 said:

Im getting stopped up pretty hard around 1200ish also and Ive been lucky with my crafts. I got mankeii, mojo, sex tape, and dirty talk so far. Trying to figure out which would be best for upgrading.

Sex Tape is generally useless, because you'd be forced to invest in clicks which are horrible to put money into. Dirty talk is give or take depending how you look at it. It can help you beat some bosses, but at some point it slows down progress because it takes longer to reset 5 levels back and farm cash.

1 minute ago, LanceHardwood said:

Sex Tape is generally useless, because you'd be forced to invest in clicks which are horrible to put money into. Dirty talk is give or take depending how you look at it. It can help you beat some bosses, but at some point it slows down progress because it takes longer to reset 5 levels back and farm cash.

So is Mojo and maneki the ones to invest in?

6 minutes ago, lol69 said:

So is Mojo and maneki the ones to invest in?

Yes, mainly those. You'd have to be really lucky to get something that outdoes them. If you get mojo ring, then you will practically have to still invest in idle things, which then are converted into clicks at a high rate. But never clicks directly.

I'm guessing you don't have Felicia, which is why you're blocked around 1200, and unfortunately that's a tough one to overcome. Try to get her asap if you can, as on regular mode you can benefit from the correct girl perks. Which again are the idle-based ones, and making sure you have the Mojo Ring.

4 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

Yes, mainly those. You'd have to be really lucky to get something that outdoes them. If you get mojo ring, then you will practically have to still invest in idle things, which then are converted into clicks at a high rate. But never clicks directly.

I'm guessing you don't have Felicia, which is why you're blocked around 1200, and unfortunately that's a tough one to overcome. Try to get her asap if you can, as on regular mode you can benefit from the correct girl perks. Which again are the idle-based ones, and making sure you have the Mojo Ring.

I have her, and mojo ring and mankei chinpo.

16 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

To my understanding this shouldn't be that bad becouse you would basically get idle from click upgrades with several hounded % of efficency but i guess either im stupid or the math is wrong somewhere maybe felicia is a power house beating everything in the game who knows

15 minutes ago, lol69 said:

I have her, and mojo ring and mankei chinpo.

I'm guessing you don't have mojo ring on event tho, otherwise level that up and go for a kicking.

12 minutes ago, Funnybone said:

To my understanding this shouldn't be that bad becouse you would basically get idle from click upgrades with several hounded % of efficency but i guess either im stupid or the math is wrong somewhere maybe felicia is a power house beating everything in the game who knows

Theoretically yes, because the percentages of click to idle are higher, but practically it's worthless if you try it out, since basically all idle girls are over 10 times as powerful as click girls to compensate for the fact they "click" once per second. This means that whatever percentage they have for mojo ring, needs to be 10 more than times better for idle in order to compensate, and still wouldn't be better because you can actually click more than once per second, thereby multiplying the results of mojo ring, whereas the results of sex tape will always be limited to 1 per second effect.

• Like 1

so lvl 1500 will give me 177k which will give me aprox. 2 levels of idle for the next two or so resets before it drops down to 1.5 or 1. I really don't know how I'm supposed to then do the last 300 stages short of just an absurd amount of resets, because the amount of mojo per reset is capped pretty low, charms will start costing more than you can reasonably afford.

Just now, jedc22 said:

so lvl 1500 will give me 177k which will give me aprox. 2 levels of idle for the next two or so resets before it drops down to 1.5 or 1. I really don't know how I'm supposed to then do the last 300 stages short of just an absurd amount of resets, because the amount of mojo per reset is capped pretty low, charms will start costing more than you can reasonably afford.

Yup, the majority of us who had no luck on the Charm crafts will not complete this event.

Oh, and just to dispel the Sex Tapes idea - I actually have them and tried a click-to-idle only run - it is significantly slower than pure idle for me, though I have % of charm and hardcore idle also in play. Turns out that Spring is more than 20 times weaker per $ compared to Felicia, which I guess is to compensate for the activate-able skills. Unfortunately this Sex Tapes not only do not cover the difference, they are hilarously underpowered compared to mojo ring, being about 5 times better in %, when even being 20 times Mojo Ring would not be enough to compensate. They'd probably have to be about 100 times or more for it to be competitive. Someone definitely didn't do their homework when they designed this thing.

So from what we are discovering it sounds like one of my proposed ideas, of using special sets of brand new girls with their own balances for events, might be part of the best way to overcome this issue.  Make it so everyone is only using like the first three girls for the event, and ever 200 levels you get event only contact girls that are generic but they all are gotten in the same order and give the same perk.  This would help make things more fair.  The biggest issue will always be the RNG after the first 3 crafts, and honestly I don't know if they should fix that, or look into improving  the events from a different angle.

I've only just recently cleared 1500, but that was after being at work all day, popping Felicia's level up, and then hitting the skills.  I can't do it consistently at a fast rate. 

I was also wondering if the new gacha girl was going to be time limited or not.  Again, they need to fix how gacha works and what it costs if they want people spending for girls, time limited or not.

Honestly just want perks back. It is insufferable playing this twisted version of the game where 99% of the girls just sit around like vegetables and offer nothing to progress. At least in the main game, they can offer critical steps to progress even if you don't level them up. And the only way click is fun is with perks or the RNG mojo ring. Without either, literally half of the skills are useless.

2 hours ago, wtfok said:

Honestly just want perks back. It is insufferable playing this twisted version of the game where 99% of the girls just sit around like vegetables and offer nothing to progress. At least in the main game, they can offer critical steps to progress even if you don't level them up. And the only way click is fun is with perks or the RNG mojo ring. Without either, literally half of the skills are useless.

I agree. Whats the point in grinding perks if you cant use them to unlock event girls?

7 hours ago, wtfok said:

Bad idea, because they'd just change the event balance to match. Then you will not only have the horrible grind-fest that doesn't guarantee success, but if you're a new player or if you haven't farmed out a specific perk you will have 0 chance to get the girl due to the timewall/paywall nature of affection.

Edited by LanceHardwood

1 hour ago, LanceHardwood said:

Bad idea, because they'd just change the event balance to match. Then you will not only have the horrible grind-fest that doesn't guarantee success, but if you're a new player or if you haven't farmed out a specific perk you will have 0 chance to get the girl due to the timewall/paywall nature of affection.

Doesn't have to be that way at all. You don't necessarily need to design events around older players, and you shouldn't. If devs are worried about boring veteran players, they could change the event fundamentally: expand the rewards ladder to incentivize going past the harem member reward. Have the girl awarded at 1800 or 2000, and free stuff going up to 3500 or higher. Create level checkpoints that give two bonuses: a flat payment of mojo/ymen or a booster and then one of either kobans or affection. Reimplement contact girls for events. Add new skills to the base game or add (not replacing the base ones) event-only skills.

There's so much that can be done with these events-- haven't mentioned fixing the mojo scaling or amulets at all-- and since I've seen Kinkoid reads these threads occasionally, this is my feedback: forcing a nuzlocke on everyone is not fun.  The meta will never change from people only leveling Idle girls (which shouldnt change unless a clicker game wanted to lose all of its casual players in one update), but at least perks give non-Idle girls some relevance for existing. Because without perks, they might as well not be there at all (even worse, they sit there as a noob trap). On top of that, three of the six skills are worthless without perks or one very specific craft out of the 27 (as of this event). 

I don't care how they choose to solve their event fiascos, all I know is that this "one size fits all" thing isn't working.

• Like 1

You've gone from "allow perks" to "completely redesign event mechanics". And while I support a change that would make things more balanced and rewarding for everyone, the changes you're suggesting likely won't happen exactly because they diverge a lot from their current way of doing events. Here's hoping I'm wrong though.

So getting back to the state of things as it is, what's everyone's current strategy, if they are screwed and don't have anything good?  My best bet is titcoin and maybe idle boss(in general not one of the specific classes)  Besides that, Just wondering how high to boost idle/rewards before I just stop resetting.

Finished the event with 99 levels of mojo amulette (idle damage), 64 in general and non-boss Y reward, and half of that in titcoin. Did not get mojo ring and stopped trying after upgrade costs went past a million. Bought an idle boost in the shop though.
Leveled up Felicia to about 4600.

Are the events kind of "luck" unless you have most of the girls n stuff already? (only have up to the stage 5000 girl unlocked and not done any prior events)

Been stuck at ~1100 for a couple days (Think I was somewhat unlucky with crafts, aside from the standard first 3 have: Rabbit Vibrator (idle charm), french kiss for newbies (click boss), luxurious couch (boss money+), and Bunny's sex toy (skip levels)).

Any advice would be appreciated (or even if someone knows of a post for noobs on basic strategy, like just reading that best to focus on idle...)