Leagues rewards

test_anon

Hi,

I am a new player and I am quite surprized by the leagues rewards.

Indeed, rewards of higher leagues when player rank is < 1st are lower than the reward of the previous league when player rank is 1st.

This is quite odd to not give higher rewards to higher leagues.

This is quite a surprising game design that could lead to high level players purposefully loosing in higher leagues in order to get 1st rank in lower leagues.

1 hour ago, test_anon said:

This is quite a surprising game design that could lead to high level players purposefully loosing in higher leagues in order to get 1st rank in lower leagues.

Which might just lead to more competition across 2 leagues... also allows to have more players competing for top prizes, instead of just 2/3 players in the top league.

• Like 1

il y a 3 minutes, Karyia a dit :

Which might just lead to more competition across 2 leagues... also allows to have more players competing for top prizes, instead of just 2/3 players in the top league.

I have to disagree.

If the rewards are increased to be greater than the previous leagues, you could have even more players competing for, not only first prize, but also for rank 75+ prizes, instead of only trying to get first prize on previous leagues. Which could as well increase competition on all leagues as it will be more interesting to be in the top 15 and get to an higher league, instead of aiming for the top 1 of a lower league.

Which would also allow fair competition, everybody battleling with people of its level, instead of competiting with players that should belong to higher leagues.

1 minute ago, test_anon said:

I have to disagree.

If the rewards are increased to be greater than the previous leagues, you could have even more players competing for, not only first prize, but also for rank 75+ prizes, instead of only trying to get first prize on previous leagues. Which could as well increase competition on all leagues as it will be more interesting to be in the top 15 and get to an higher league, instead of aiming for the top 1 of a lower league.

Which would also allow fair competition, everybody battleling with people of its level, instead of competiting with players that should belong to higher leagues.

Hmmm... I'm not so sure.

Though, if you take a closer look, what you mentioned originally happens in all leagues. The math is the same, so the dynamics are also the same.

You're not taking into account that the "bigger" (read more powerful) players would always be the same, and the top 15 would be... well, static.

This way, you have people moving back and forth across leagues and trying to improve, even by being demoted.

I just think that it increases gameplay/movement and maybe even strategy, which I'll both take as a plus.

Having the same people over and over again at the top, with nothing to aim for will lead to frustration, IMO. 

il y a 27 minutes, Karyia a dit :

You're not taking into account that the "bigger" (read more powerful) players would always be the same, and the top 15 would be... well, static.

Only for the last league, and still, with the current system the top 2/3 is likely to stay static as there is no higher league, and being demoted will loose them a week, and the opportunity to try for 1st place on the last league.

il y a 28 minutes, Karyia a dit :

This way, you have people moving back and forth across leagues and trying to improve, even by being demoted.

[...]

Having the same people over and over again at the top, with nothing to aim for will lead to frustration, IMO. 

You could also try to improve by increasing or maintening your rank inside the same league.

I think this is more frustrating to compete with players that belong to league +3 higher (some even +5 higher), who started playing way before you, with an ego 37 times higher than yours.

Honnestly, I do not think seeing the TOP 15 wordwide (?) remaining static as frustrating, i do not think I will ever reach this level.

50 minutes ago, test_anon said:

The reward problem does not touch only koban, but all rewards (money, "combativité").

Yes, but no high level player will demote for money and combativity. The kobans is what causes players to go down a league to try to fet 1st place there. Money and combativity will simply not be worth the xp loss, unless we are talking about that one situation where a legendary days event comes into play.

5 hours ago, Chthugha said:

The real solution is to remove all koban rewards from leagues 🤔 that would stop all discussions (and create a new one) 😂

What, no more Kobans in leagues?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... !!!! 🤯😨😵😰😭😱

I just finished my first league.

I finished 4th, not because I was the strongest (I was not), but because I was able to connect every ~7h hours.

The system seems to reward challenging the weakest players, which is quite strange for me. It is as if, in real life, to become a boxxing champion you have to beat up as many little kid as possible.

The problem is that connecting every ~7h is not always possible, what if someone wants to sleep and not to wake up in the middle of the night ? What if somebody has a job ?

It is me or some timezone are advantaged ? Doesn't it becomes an advantage to be able to connect at the end or beginning of the event ?
If I assume that we should sleep ~8hours per nights, and that I go to bed at 23h to wakeup at 7h, for a normal night, this is 8*60, 480 minutes i.e. ~13 battles.
However, if the event reset during the night, e.g. at 1h, my battle will be fill at 15. i.e. I will loose the possibility to do ~13battles, as I will loose some for the previous events, and as for the next event, I can't have more than 15 battles.

Yup. These flaws were also identified when the leagues released (the scoring system has changed, but still wasn't any reward for beating the stronger opponents rather than the weaker ones back then).

For clarity, the bar takes 8 hours and 45 minutes to completely fill, which does allow a reasonable sleep break, still could be more but meh. You can also purchase additional fights for kobans, which is Kinkoid's way of allowing you to vary your schedule if you want. Still limited to a max of 3 fights per opponent, so that doesn't go too insane.

I just noticed that new players appears in league B2 during the league. From where are they coming from ???

Also, I see that the monthly gold card offers free renewal of leagues "performances".

Isn' t it an absolute cheat ? I computed that for my league, I can only fight, at most, 96 players. There is 103 players in my league. This means that a player with this monthly card would be able to fight 7 more players than me, so at least get 21 more points than me, and at most 176 points.

Isn't it really unfair ? I have to connect every ~8hours to fight my 96 players, while a paying user just need to connect once, and fight all players (so more than me) in the league ??

Edited by test_anon
  • Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, test_anon said:

I just noticed that new players appears in league B2 during the league. From where are they coming from ???

Also, I see that the monthly gold card offers free renewal of leagues "performances".

Isn' t it an absolute cheat ? I computed that for my league, I can only fight, at most, 96 players. There is 103 players in my league. This means that a player with this monthly card would be able to fight 7 more players than me, so at least get 21 more points than me, and at most 176 points.

Isn't it really unfair ? I have to connect every ~8hours to fight my 96 players, while a paying user just need to connect once, and fight all players (so more than me) in the league ??

The gold card doesn't refill league performances, it just eliminates the koban cost associated with doing a 15x battle, you still need to have 15 performances saved up.

1 hour ago, test_anon said:

None of these numbers are correct except that, presumably, there are indeed 103 players in your league.

il y a une heure, _shal_ a dit :

None of these numbers are correct except that, presumably, there are indeed 103 players in your league.

The performances refill at the speed of 35/mins, the league last 7 days, we start with 15 performances at the beginning of the league, and you can only (and should) fight the same player 3 times.

And using kobans to refill the performances is quite conterproductive, at least in the first leagues as you will lost more kobans than you will win.

So how none of my numbers are correct ?

Il y a 2 heures, MCP a dit :

The gold card doesn't refill league performances, it just eliminates the koban cost associated with doing a 15x battle, you still need to have 15 performances saved up.

Thanks for your answer, but I am still confused.

In the league, I only see the performances refill, but no x15 battle, which would be strange as you can fight a same player only 3 times.

Edited by test_anon

8 minutes ago, test_anon said:

In the league, I only see the performances refill, but no x15 battle, which would be strange as you can fight a same player only 3 times.

The x15 button is only visible when you have 15 challenge tokens ready, it replaces the refill button. It fights the 15 lowest level fights available for you.

11 minutes ago, test_anon said:

The performances refill at the speed of 35/mins, the league last 7 days, we start with 15 performances at the beginning of the league, and you can only (and should) fight the same player 3 times.

And using kobans to refill the performances is quite conterproductive, at least in the first leagues as you will lost more kobans than you will win.

So how none of my numbers are correct ?

Free tokens allow you to issue challenges over 300 times, so you can fight at least 100 opponents for free. This does assume you're able to be on at reset time, but you didn't make any comment about not being able to, so we have to deal with theoretical maximums.

• Thanks 1

il y a 25 minutes, GeorgeMTO a dit :

The x15 button is only visible when you have 15 challenge tokens ready, it replaces the refill button. It fights the 15 lowest level fights available for you. 

Free tokens allow you to issue challenges over 300 times, so you can fight at least 100 opponents for free. This does assume you're able to be on at reset time, but you didn't make any comment about not being able to, so we have to deal with theoretical maximums. 

Oh thanks, I did not noticed this button until then.

Indeed, 7*24*60/35 = 288, with 15 at the start of the league, 303, thus 101 opponents.

I must have forgotten to add the 15 free performances to my count this night, I wasn't quite awake.

That's the issue of having to wake up at 4 to be able to be at reset time xD.

Edited by test_anon

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 9:01 AM, Karyia said:

I really agree to this! In my eyes the current System is really stupid! People stopping to fight just to not get in the top 15. Or just to stay behind to drop down again.The reward you get in the next league should be at least near the reward you got in the previous leage when you was in the top 15!

This even destroys the value you get when you have big monthly package: You cannot do 15 fights together because with that stupid feature, you risk to not drop down again or to get up again … (Yeah, happend to me again …. getting 

Sorry, but the current situation even makes me upset (It just happend again - I stayed in Dicktator II … No Chance to get to 75 at all and even that simply gives you almost no reward compared with reward 16-30 of Dicktator I ). So in my eyes you should really change it!