Patch notes 05/02/2020 -- Discussion

FinderKeeper

That's the point. Make the game imbalance and create inconvenience to bait people on spending money on the game. It's to difficult to make good games these days apparently.

For a bullshit reason: A level 400 would need more Ymen than a lower level player. As for Kobans, a higher level player should be rewarded more for playing.

• Thinking 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Hotless said:

Isn't this quite unfair ??

I mean that we are 400+ we play the game for 2+ years and it's not fair to get the same rewards as someone who just started playing.

From memory, you don't try to win contests, so what does it matter to you what the rewards are?

Regardless, focus on what you can gain, not what others can gain. This is an increase in rewards for even people above level 400, what difference does it make if lower level people had a bigger increase? Otherwise why not complain that we all get only 150 kobans for doing all daily missions, or all get the same reward for doing the event mission.

14 minutes ago, Yamamura said:

That's the point. Make the game imbalance and create inconvenience to bait people on spending money on the game. It's to difficult to make good games these days apparently.

For a bullshit reason: A level 400 would need more Ymen than a lower level player. As for Kobans, a higher level player should be rewarded more for playing.

What nonsense are you on about? There's no mention of ymen rewards here, why does a higher level players need for more ymens have to do with this feature? As it is, a higher level player is likely to receive a larger ymen reward from the combativity, since they should have higher levels of bosses to use it on.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Yamamura said:

The system we have now gives Tickets, Ymen and Kobans. The new system looks to be just Kobans. Regardless what the rewards are, it's all the same outcome.

You're making a very big assumption there. There's no mention of removal of tickets, or of ymens. There's also no hard numbers of combativity (so those could be ranged) and combativity is worth far more than a ymen reward would be. Looking at my contest rewards right now, I see that 12th place gives me a whopping 27.4k ymen as a level 401+ player. A single point of combativity is worth far more than that against the high level bosses.  Why you would care about that pathetic amount of reward boggles my mind.

I'm not assuming that those things are gone until we actually get the new system in place, because we can't judge how bad that replacement is. At present the only thing we can really judge is the relative amount of kobans given out.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

There's no mention of removal of tickets, or of ymens. There's also no hard numbers of combativity (so those could be ranged) and combativity is worth far more than a ymen reward would be. Looking at my contest rewards right now, I see that 12th place gives me a whopping 27.4k ymen as a level 401+ player. A single point of combativity is worth far more than that against the high level bosses.  Why you would care about that pathetic amount of reward boggles my mind.

Having no mention of it could also mean it's not there to begin with. We don't know because the Developers don't like sharing information until it's set in stone, or already released.

I don't care about the rewards because I need to go out of my way to do them, or the reward isn't worth it. Even if any of the rewards are worth it, making it daily sounds a lot harder to gain the top spots. Mostly I think this do to time zones. But again, because the information is lackluster, I'm not sure to feel happy about anything .

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Yamamura said:

Having no mention of it could also mean it's not there to begin with. We don't know because the Developers don't like sharing information until it's set in stone, or already released.

I don't care about the rewards because I need to go out of my way to do them, or the reward isn't worth it. Even if any of the rewards are worth it, making it daily sounds a lot harder to gain the top spots. Mostly I think this do to time zones. But again, because the information is lackluster, I'm not sure to feel happy about anything .

If you don't care about the rewards before or after the change, then please, do everyone (including yourself) a favour, and shut up about them. If you weren't going for them before, and don't care about them after, the change doesn't affect your quality of gameplay in either a positive or negative direction.

1 minute ago, ~Crown Clown said:

When will this be implemented? 

On the date that is the title of the patch notes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yamamura said:

@GeorgeMTO The only date I see is 5/2/2020. For me, that was yesterday. Would be nice to add a zone to that, yeah?

If you see something I'm not, please share it with me so you may stop communicating with me.

Wait, so you're saying it's currently 6/2/2020 for you? So Thursday? Because I'm in Australia, on Tuesday 4/2/2020, and I'd REALLY like access to your time machine.

• Haha 4

Anyone knows what will happen to the two contests generated last reset. They last 4 days, so by the time the new patch hits, will they be gone, or their duration reduced?

The change to 1-10 koban winning position is very welcome, easier to place and more people getting kobans.

The only bummer is you can't score in two contests at a time anymore, just doing one thing. I loved when there was a training / symbiotic harem combo going on, or two contests featuring points from Arena wins.

4 hours ago, Yamamura said:

The system we have now gives Tickets, Ymen and Kobans. The new system looks to be just Kobans. Regardless what the rewards are, it's all the same outcome.

3 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

You're making a very big assumption there. There's no mention of removal of tickets, or of ymens. There's also no hard numbers of combativity (so those could be ranged) and combativity is worth far more than a ymen reward would be. Looking at my contest rewards right now, I see that 12th place gives me a whopping 27.4k ymen as a level 401+ player. A single point of combativity is worth far more than that against the high level bosses.  Why you would care about that pathetic amount of reward boggles my mind.

I'm not assuming that those things are gone until we actually get the new system in place, because we can't judge how bad that replacement is. At present the only thing we can really judge is the relative amount of kobans given out.

I agree with @GeorgeMTO here.

From my experience, though Kinkoid are usually "sloppy" with their announcements (sometimes even translations seem to go different ways lol), you're assuming quite a leap. They tend to announce what they change, the rest stays the same. So, for your assumption to be "fair", it should have said "kobans only". Though I wouldn't really call it an improvement to go from 3 type rewards to just 1.

We'll soon find out anyway! :D 

We can also "assume" (since it's what we're doing) that when there's no mention, the dates refer to the reset time, for lack of a better estimation 😁👌

11 minutes ago, Karyia said:

We can also "assume" (since it's what we're doing) that when there's no mention, the dates refer to the reset time, for lack of a better estimation 

Patches do not occur at reset time except on very rare occasions. It often used to be ~4 hours after reset, but they've been much later for the last month or two.

• Thanks 1