Patch notes 05/02/2020 -- Discussion

FinderKeeper

3 hours ago, Karyia said:

Just to mention that I got tickets in my rewards, so hopefully that's solved.

It definitely seems so. I took my rewards one by one for each of the four contests that ended last night, and went back to check if I received everything in between, which was thankfully the case.

In other news, the transition period seems to be over now, as only one new contest was generated after this reset, the one with the new daily format. Now we'll see how it really goes.

All good with the rewards today too :) 

About another part of the patch... got Pelagie's 4th star and wow! 😍 

Looking quite the Goddess 👌👏 

I always liked her character in the story but felt her artwork a bit underwhelming but this one rocks, IMO anyway! 💪🤤

• Like 1

Argh, my eyes are bleeding when I see that new Bonny! I mean, it is not bad in the scope of the graphics... But it is not Bonny at all.

Hair - okay, everyone grows hair, but changing her face to an unrecognizable level? Of course the style is different from that older one but the person who is responsible for creating the 4th and 5th stars of Pelagie somehow managed to make her pretty and similar. Bonny looks like someone new.

And she has blue eyes in her pose but green eyes in the affection scene. But in the past I already raged about inconsistent color palettes that change characters' appearances for no reason at all, so I'll just stop here.

• Like 1

Contests

• Changed to 24 hours period for each contest
  • Improvement of the rewards from the contest system 
    • For 1st place, players will receive 300/50 Kobans
    • 2nd to 4th place players will receive 120/20 Kobans
    • Combativity will be a reward instead of affection or low rarity items

•  

Somehow I did not read that there is only ONE contest PER DAY - how did you understand that quote?

because that is what it seems to be now. 

If that keeps going - and not go back to old "3 contests/ day" than I see nothing from "more kobans" - because the likelyhood to win the only left contest is much lower than catch place 2-4 in three contests.

Edited by windia
typo

25 minutes ago, windia said:

•  

Somehow I did not read that there is only ONE contest PER DAY - how did you understand that quote?

because that is what it seems to be now. 

If that keeps going - and not go back to old "3 contests/ day" than I see nothing from "more kobans" - because the likelyhood to win the only let contest is much lower than catch place 2-4 in three contests.

sure, but to have one contest every day or three for an average of three days is not really a difference in quantity.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blaa said:

sure, but to have one contest every day or three for an average of three days is not really a difference in quantity.

The stats wiz will tell you that more contests will spread the "field", while one contest will pretty much do the opposite.

It will depend on the brackets and competition you'll get.

But yes, I agree that my likelyhood of getting rewards has lowered, especially comparing with the reset timezone players.

• Thanks 2

Yeah, I might have underestimated how much the change of pace would increase the impact of the CET time zone disadvantage. Basically, if there's someone from the US fighting for #1 in my group, they'll get it.

If they're hellbent on keeping the same reset time, maybe they could do something like grouping players from the same or similar time zones in each group?

Can't imagine that would be practical. Some people play with VPNs so aren't actually in the timezone their player flag or their IP might indicate, and beyond that there's also no way - short of letting players choose - to determine what reset time would actually benefit each player. A night owl might be happy having the reset at 1am local time while somebody else in the same timezone would prefer 9pm or even 7am.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

A night owl might be happy having the reset at 1am local time while somebody else in the same timezone would prefer 9pm or even 7am.

Sure, but that's already the case. What's certain is that 5AM is a terrible reset time for just about 99% of people. Those who have standard work hours typically get up a couple of hours after that, and most night owls will typically go to bed a couple hours before that. You basically need to be on a night shift sleep pattern for 5AM to be a time where you're awake and potentially available. Anything else would be an improvement at this point.

28 minuti fa, windia ha scritto:

I would not bet that 99% of the players come from Europe. So many US flags visible.

Don't swear on this, the system automatically assigned the American flag to me when I started and I had to keep it almost for a year before they changed it at my request 😅

1 hour ago, windia said:

I would not bet that 99% of the players come from Europe. So many US flags visible.

That's not what I said, though (or at the very least what I MEANT TO SAY). I said that 5AM is a terrible reset time for 99% of the people who have it. Granted, "who have it" was implied, but I thought it was clear enough that way FROM THE CONTEXT. It should be clear enough now, hopefully. Cheers. GLHF.

Edited by DvDivXXX
semantics + nitpicking = further clarification

13 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

That's not what I said, though. I said that 5AM is a terrible reset time for 99% of the people who have it. Granted, "who have it" was implied, but I thought it was clear enough that way. Hope this helps.

hm, concerning your quote, there ist "What's certain is that 5AM is a terrible reset time for just about 99% of people." - "...of people..." - don't see much narrowing down there on people who have it at 5 AM.

Anyway, what bugs me with the "1 contest at same time only" is also:

• I'm bound to this contest only.

So I cannot say "hey, three days contest, lets do some champion and level up specific girls." - because previuosly I had 3 days (sometimes only 1 or 2) where a girl level up could count on contest. 

Now is like "well, no, girl level up was 4 days ago, today is villain fighting and tomorrow arena."

That sucks.

• Because I had benefit in rushing on villains for Epic Days because the first day was with contest and I gonna need refills anyway. 
  • Because I could prepare 2-4 champions on last day of girl-level-up-contest - and did not just had to level up some random girl I currently don't need in champions.
  • Because I could decide "oh, Pachinko contest, lets spend some money today to go for "weekly money spend top100"

So much options in kind of strategic contest playing just blown away. One and one only and if it does not suit me, I cannot say "I go the other one" - there is no other one.

It is one step for "play when we decide what gives you kobans".

• Like 1

And so, in the end the fears were justified. From now on, it seems we will go on with only one contest per day, and with very different rewards. I wasn't competing for contests before, save some rare exceptions, and for sure I won't sweat now that overall I will obtain less rewards than before. Frankly, seeing the other features of the game with their rewards, considering the actual usefulness personally I don't see a valid enough reason for the continual existence of this contest in the game at all.

1 hour ago, windia said:

• Because I had benefit in rushing on villains for Epic Days because the first day was with contest and I gonna need refills anyway. 
  • Because I could prepare 2-4 champions on last day of girl-level-up-contest - and did not just had to level up some random girl I currently don't need in champions.
  • Because I could decide "oh, Pachinko contest, lets spend some money today to go for "weekly money spend top100"

I probably still dont get it. But: 

There are epic days and I have a one day villian contest - oh, guess what, I can rush cause i gonna need refills anyway.

There is a one day girl level contest - oh, guess what, I can prepare my champions with the girl I need for them 

There is a one day pachinko contest - oh, guess what, I can go for a weekly money spend top 100

to the time zone: If I really wanted to win a contest with the 2-4 day timer I always had to get up on 5AM (my time zone) - Not a problem for me cause I almost always start working there, but if I wouldnt, the difference wouldnt be this much

And: The first few contest I could win 1, and got 2-4 places - most likely not a worse result if there were 3 contests with a 3 day timer

edit: The only disadvantage I see is when there were two or three contests of the same kind, but most of the time there werent or they had totaly different requirements to get a good placement

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, windia said:

One and one only and if it does not suit me, I cannot say "I go the other one" - there is no other one.

Sure, but you can say I can get the next one tomorrow if it's a suitable contest - there will be another one

Edited by blaa

On 2/4/2020 at 8:43 PM, jelom said:

Contests

• The cycle of 6 days will be changed to 24 hours (1 day) period for each contest -> Neutral opinion. BTW, they don't say that the contest number will change, so probably three every day -> more opportunities to try for the reward.
    • For 1st place, players will receive 300/50 Kobans -> More kobans icon-koban-small.png.c180cabd7417f6ebc6f4ea41726e21db.png
    • 2nd to 10th place players will receive 120/20 Kobans -> More kobans for more people icon-koban-small.png.c180cabd7417f6ebc6f4ea41726e21db.png
    • Combativity will be a reward instead of affection or low rarity items -> Perfect.

After seeing the changes to the patch notes and reading the comments over this subject I have to change my initial rating for contests.

Contests 

• Changed to 24 hours period for each contest -> Negative opinion. The reduction to only one contest of 24 hours per day has reduced the strategic options for resource management and aggravated the 5AM reset time disadvantage for many european players, and the small increase in Kobans is not enough to compensate that, the increase is significative only for very low level players .  
    • For 1st place, players will receive 300/50 Kobans
    • 2nd to 4th place players will receive 120/20 Kobans
    • Combativity will be a reward instead of affection or low rarity items -> Is better having a bit of extra combativity, but with only one contest daily it amounts to 400-700 a year for most players, equivalent to 2-3 more girls at most.
Edited by jelom
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, blaa said:

I probably still dont get it. But: 

There are epic days and I have a one day villian contest - oh, guess what, I can rush cause i gonna need refills anyway.

There is a one day girl level contest - oh, guess what, I can prepare my champions with the girl I need for them 

There is a one day pachinko contest - oh, guess what, I can go for a weekly money spend top 100 

edit: The only disadvantage I see is when there were two or three contests of the same kind, but most of the time there werent or they had totaly different requirements to get a good placement

What I think you are missing from the other person 's post is that if there are 3 contests running at the same time, you can tailor your efforts towards one or more of them. Getting a top placement won't always be possible, but getting somewhere between 5th-11th has n't been too difficult for me usually. Also, different players will naturally try to prioritize different things that are more important to them.

Now, we have one contest. Various people are significantly disadvantaged on a daily basis, and those people aren't going to always be the same people. There's also no ability to make a decision as to what to go for, nor any ability to plan. Removing decision points isn't what I'd consider a good change.

I hate having one contest at a time.

• Thanks 1

The contests are pretty bad now. They are like a parallel ToF, but it lasts 1 day. It's just horrible. It seems to me that the devs are only making the game harder for f2p while also decreasing the quality of the artwork lmao now that's business strategy /s

IMO:

- standard duration of the contest 👍

- More kobans and  for the rewards 👍

- One single contest 👎👎👎

About the the platinum/gold/silver card or whatever I think the cheaper they become the more will be sold. I have the personal (and totally subjective) impresion that kobans are too expensive according to what you can buy with them inside the game.

Edited by Pepe Lolo

6 hours ago, Pepe Lolo said:

About the the platinum/gold/silver card or whatever I think the cheaper they become the more will be sold. I have the personal (and totally subjective) impresion that kobans are too expensive according to what you can buy with them inside the game.

That's a problem with practically every type of games like this, which uses mobile game oriented material/premium currency paying method. 

Buying this premium currency is never worth the real life price you have to pay for it. And if that's not enough, you usually barely get anything good with premium currency you bought, except if you spend literally hundred if not thousands of $/€ in lots of games. 

And I totally agree with kobans being too expensive here. If you would think a fair price between usefulness and expense factors, then 5.4k kobans should cost only 5 $/€ or 10 at best. Not the 40 $/€ that it current is. 

• Thinking 1

I am looking at the platinum card and the whole it is 30 dollars on sale regular 150 seems to be a bit much, as I am not agreeing to a revolving credit that starts at 30 then jumps to 150 when ever the company feels like it, can we get a correct pricing on it or some more information please

38 minutes ago, ingex said:

I am looking at the platinum card and the whole it is 30 dollars on sale regular 150 seems to be a bit much, as I am not agreeing to a revolving credit that starts at 30 then jumps to 150 when ever the company feels like it, can we get a correct pricing on it or some more information please

It's 30 dollars per month all the time, 150 is merely what Kinkoid claim as the "real" value of what's all part of the card package. You can also decide to have it as just a one-time payment; the payment screen specifically requires you to set it up as a recurring debit if that's what you want.

image.png.4ed9611400c2ae19e05907d69b08fdd8.png

Edited by _shal_

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

It's 30 dollars per month all the time, 150 is merely what Kinkoid claim as the "real" value of what's all part of the card package. You can also decide to have it as just a one-time payment; the payment screen specifically requires you to set it up as a recurring debit if that's what you want.

image.png.4ed9611400c2ae19e05907d69b08fdd8.png

Yes I understand about the clicking to have it as a renewing charge the issue I am seeing is they dont have it as real value, they have it worded so that it may be misconstrued as that is the sales price and it is going to be 150 after the sale runs out. So I am wondering if they may want to change the wording to reflect that so that they dont inadvertently drive off people who want to upgrade but dont